It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Particle-Wave/Schrodinger's Cat/6 Degrees of Kevin Bacon/Facebook/Global/Galactic Consensus Reality

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
My midday pondering...

K so If we expect a photon to be a wave, it's a wave, if we expect to observe it as a particle: it's a particle...

If we expect Schrodinger's Cat to be Dead, it's dead... if we expect it to be alive it's alive based on the previous statement etc... (or rather if we expect a photon to be a wave or particle the cat's dead or alive.. etc..)

So extrapolating that concept.. individual consciousnesses hypothetically creates or at least influences our reality .. to some degree...

Now, based on this...If my knowledgeability of a certain individual... creates that individual in my mind....ie:..if I have no knowledge of a man named Chin Xuan Lam living in China, then he actually does not exist.

Unless... via the phenomenon of 6 Degrees of Kevin Bacon, or social networking sites... Mary Chan knows Chin Xuan Lam, and Robert Bell knows Mary Chan, and Luke Fellin knows Mary Chan, and Ida Forest knows Luke Fellin, and Martin Ross knows Ida Forest .... and I know Martin Ross... then this chain reaction causes Chin Xuan Lam to exist in the same reality as myself.. even without me knowing he exists.
(granted before the internet.. or telephones.. this concept is more prevalent... this informational web links us quicker and more immediately to one another.. but before their inception.. this is what I'm getting at..for remote things/people to exist in our reality before the invention of the web or telephones because)

I have this recurring debate with a friend .. where he thinks that your mind creates all reality...absolutely..
And i think that that is a very wonderful yet dangerous presumption.... I think we all.. as (illusionary) parts / cells of a "whole" "god-mind-ish type thing".. combining our realities into one...

Nassim Haramien (around 54:00 in this video i post here) ... talks about the "consensus reality" that we all "agree" on... in order for this all to work properly...
He states that if we created our own reality, then we'd always create everything we liked, and it would get very boring and very lonely very fast.. because nobody else would be able to affect our reality since WE .. INDIVIDUALLY create our own worlds. through absolute power over it.... then nobody else could influence it...

3 part video on sensory reality created inside our minds....

Thus this brings me to my pondering that there IS reality beyond our own privately perceived realities... (Chin Lam exists and I exist even though we don't directly know each other.. AND our own immediate terrain / geography / ecosystem surrounding us exists without us knowing each other)....

Did this hypothetical 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon combined with / consensus reality phenomenon (hypothetically) exist before White man came to the Americas in order for White men and Native Americans to share the same reality?

Possibly if just ONE Chinese person came to the Americas before Columbus and knew of the Native people here, and that person was linked by 6 degrees to someone who knew Marco Polo.. and Marco polo was linked by 6 degrees to people in the European Aristocracies... then a full circle would have been made before White Man came to the Americas.. thus preemptively providing observation/experience of geography and existence for the Native Americans to be here in the same reality as the Whites would have ventured to...

But what about before the Chinese came to America in ships???

does the consciousness of whales and dolphins / animals linking to one another's existence ...knowing our geography and existence of natives.. share in this global net of shared consensus reality??

truley one global mind based on particle / wave collapse theory??/

or possibly from Chinese / Tibetan / Siberian migration in prehistoric days to the Americas .. populating the Americas... www.cell.com...

anyone get what I'm saying?
....all humans need to be linked in some way...to awareness of one another in order for others to actually experience the same reality...

something has to have always known about something else existing.. something / someone has to have always known another existence.. for any of what we currently experience.. to exist in the first place...

just think... if just ONE extraterrestrial being... observes our telecommunications from our planet... and decodes them as visible video / radio communications.. and comprehends the individuals pictured / described in the communications.. and vice versa... just one person on earth has one experience with an extraterrestrial.. and that human experiencing it.. is linked to us somehow through degrees of social networking....

then those extraterrestrial beings .. all who are connected to that one who made even indirect contact with our existence.... by this theory.. that whole civilization...share our reality.

Just woke up and had this thought in my mind... thought I'd share it..

Discuss... it's like buttah...

edit on 9/3/2011 by prevenge because: title adjustment

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
It does not matter what you think, or even if you think at all.

The entire endless universe exists as reality outside of you.

Your perceptions do not change or mold the reality. Your perceptions are molded and changed by the reality itself. Reality never changes, only our perceptions of it does.

Just because you don't know I exist, doesn't matter, because I still exist anyways.

The entire philosophy of " I create my reality with my perception" is easy to disprove and entirely arrogant. It assumed that you are the only real consciousness and that everything else is a figment of your imagination. This is an indirect way of claiming one's self as God. It's just far too arrogant and self-centered for my taste, sorry.

So I cannot help but reject it based upon well founded observations combined with ethical reasoning as well.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

And still the sunset that you observe never actually is in your eyes. It travels to your brain via nerves and electrical impulses where it is interpreted by your brain to be a sunset. Its still waves, light waves or sound waves, that is interpreted by the brain recieving the waves. Even the light does not enter your brain only the optic nerve after that its just information no longer light.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

Well Chin Xuan Lam would be aware of himself, so he would keep himself as a particle body.

This is a very interesting field of study that should be getting more publicity, so we can more effectively come to a final objective conclusion.

Everything is intelligent energy stemming from intelligent infinity. The energy is intelligent infinity focused on a specific direction whereas intelligent infinity is just the capacity for any possible direction of learning.

I think this is the beginning of an understanding of faith based manifestation. It is an example of how beliefs shape your reality or focus it from an infinite range of potentials, possibilities, and probabilities.

When a particle became a wave it becomes infinity and showed the most likely outcomes of all potential outcomes. So there is a possibility/probability relationship there.

So you have all particles that come from waves that get focused into a probable outcome by an observer expecting the outcome. The observer has the power to determine any one of the possible outcomes, but in order to do so, they must have a faith that is directly proportional to the improbability of the event.

So there are two slits in the double slit experiment, and the most probable outcome is for the particle to hit directly behind one of the slits. The second most probable outcome will occur on the adjacent wave intensity region on either side of one of the slits. The third most probable outcome will occur on the wave intensity regions on either side of those.

When intelligent energy has knowledge of something, the object cannot teach anymore because the observer is not learning anymore. Teaching is the descending action of intelligent energy from a place of known information. When you know something, you can teach. When you are observing, you are learning, and by existing, you are teaching what is observing your existence.

So if you know something stronger than the object you are attempting to influence knows something, you will hold the capacity to teach that object and it will have the capacity to learn. If something is learning, then it doesn't know, and that means that it is influenceable by some teaching.

In order to teach, you must know though, which theologically translated means you must have faith. By you teaching the object that it will hit the plate in a two slit formation, then it will. But if you decide to have the knowledge that it will hit somewhere else, then it will.

Without you teaching the object, and without it knowing what will happen, then it will happen in an infinite realm of possibilities corresponding with its probabilities.

What I'm saying is, the wave isn't influenced by an observer as much as it is a teacher.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Discuss it like buttah! LOL

If there is one unified field of consciousness including the universe and we are essentially all "cells" within the "God" Body Consciousness...wouldn't our space bros and sis' be within our conscious field?

IDK...I read this stuff and watch the vids and think about it...it's like running this stuff down the rabbit hole and then you come up with the same...well I don't know for sure but its nice to ponder.

Many say that there is no reality just wave forms and consciousness. It is the "observation" or conscious awareness that creates the matter. You know...if a tree fell in the woods. If you are not there to observe it...would it just be wave forms??? Like...we can only know this universe as far as our consciousness allows.
edit on 3-9-2011 by blazenresearcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

The entire philosophy of " I create my reality with my perception" is easy to disprove and entirely arrogant. It assumed that you are the only real consciousness and that everything else is a figment of your imagination. This is an indirect way of claiming one's self as God. It's just far too arrogant and self-centered for my taste, sorry.

But you are "the only" real consciousness...because there is only one consciousness. Perception is your take on it.

I don't claim to be right...I'm not the expert on it. Just my understanding.
edit on 3-9-2011 by blazenresearcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

Nice, thought provoking thread.

Or......!

What if the simplest-- most elemental -- aspects of the common reality perform (within their natural confines) as the higher form, represented by man, requires of them?

It avoids the extreme-existentialism, but allows for the apparent reality that human perception causes simple reality to manifest itself according to our expectations.

So, our experience of a photon subjects the photon, to a degree, to manifest itself as we seek to measure it. Wave or particle. Whereas our experience of higher reality-- other humans for example-- have far more subtle effect due to the greater complexity.

The visualization technique is often used in sports preparation and other contests, yet that is not far from the ancient practice of prayer-- regarding objects and regarding other persons. Therein, perhaps, lies the metaphysics? What we think of what does exists-- does effect it, but the existence not dependent upon us.

Lastly, perhaps an even greater Reality is perceived by man in imagination and creativity, and so just as what we cause to be manifest, we are also subject to that Greater Reality-- that is, changed by it.

This would explain why we find music and math universal; yet not found in nature, why we can predict what will follow in a song, and find it delightful or inwardly "moving;" why we create stories of fiction and so often describe the source as a "muse"-- something outside of self, which poets and musicians also claim describe the creative process; why we create art which is beautiful and meaningful, but has no common reality depicted in the image; and why we humans, across time and culture, share so many common symbols, spiritual believes, codes of behavior, and community forms.

Or so I have entertained these questions.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I like the thoughts on the consciousness by the whales and dolphins. They are consciously aware in fact it has been shown that they are self-aware.

There are so many myths and stories about the dolphins, being from the Sirius star system....they are the keepers of the earth. On their planet, there are actually merpeople...half human and half dolphin(esk)...Great stuff to think about...fairytales...got to love it! What if it's true?

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by blazenresearcher

But you are "the only" real consciousness...because there is only one consciousness. Perception is your take on it.

Incorrect. I will explain the reasons.

"God" is defined as "All" , but we are not "All", I am "part of the All".

Our value as an individual aspect within a system of infinite aspects is represented as 1 divided by infinity, or (1/∞).

Although by default, we could pick any position on an infinite line and it would have several interesting properties, such as that every point in an infinite line is the middle point exactly.

The point is that we are but a figment of the eternal and infinite, we are not the full embodiment of it.

There is an infinity beyond anything we could even dream about.
And it is all happening right now, everywhere around us.

A mere mortal cannot be God, nor could a grain of sand or a star in the sky.
You and I are one of these infinite aspects of the All.

We are limited individuals. We face limitations in our existence.

However the "All" is unlimited, as it encompasses all things.

This post is a cross between a philosophical argument and a semantic correction.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by blazenresearcher
I like the thoughts on the consciousness by the whales and dolphins. They are consciously aware in fact it has been shown that they are self-aware.

There are so many myths and stories about the dolphins, being from the Sirius star system....they are the keepers of the earth. On their planet, there are actually merpeople...half human and half dolphin(esk)...Great stuff to think about...fairytales...got to love it! What if it's true?

I could argue scientifically that plants are self-aware.

It is just hard for people to get their heads around because they utilize other different methods of perception of their surroundings than we humans do.

But anyone who grows flowers or a garden knows, the plants grows towards where the sun comes from. That is the most simple and pure example of how plants are aware of their outside world at least partially or primitively.

I would expect all life forms to have some form of perceptive awareness no matter how complex or primitive it may be. Decision making processes are present if even at the slightest degree. They vary and differentiate depending on their outside environmental conditions.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057

And still the sunset that you observe never actually is in your eyes. It travels to your brain via nerves and electrical impulses where it is interpreted by your brain to be a sunset. Its still waves, light waves or sound waves, that is interpreted by the brain recieving the waves. Even the light does not enter your brain only the optic nerve after that its just information no longer light.

Correct.

Also another funny thing you made me think of, is that we actually don't see anything, we just see the light reflecting off of it!

And no objects have "color" the way everyone thinks of it, all they do is reflect certain wavelengths of light and absorb others. It's all quite the grand illusion of sorts.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

The substance of the universe is consciousness. Your perception and behavior shapes your reality. Reality is holographic. Every thought builds our reality. If your thoughts are manipulated..as we know they are through media and fear, then the reality that is created reflects that. Stop the manipulation, change the reality.

Particles are fluctuations of energy...change the engery field...change the reality.

With our thoughts, we make the world ~ Buddha~

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I think some of what you are talking about is a concept I have nicknamed "population pressure".

It derived in part from a video some friends and I watched about the LHC and that (at the time) they were trying to decide where the additional energy came from that created some unexpected particles. They consolidated several different theories by concluding it was the power of "belief" that provided the extra energy. In essence it was the observers who input additional energy into the system since the act of observation presupposes a two way connection and/or influence.

We talked about how photons are entangled with each other.

We talked about how one individual trying to accomplish a task may or may not succeed but a group working together toward the same goal will often succeed.

We talked about how regional politics, opinions, beliefs and attitudes did not respect the lines drawn on a map.

We talked about recent evidence (no I don't have a link at this time) which seemed to prove that human memory was contained outside of the brain. This same scientific study suggested that the brain was just another organ in the body and acted like a switching mechanism creating "this is unto that and like the other but unlike these" patterns.

We decided that the memory was maintained in the energy field which is prevalent around the body. (I call it the "soul" but this isn't a religious discussion. We can call it an "aura" for sake of argument.)

We discussed magnetism and how energy fields often acted like magnetic fields in that theoretically every magnetic field is "aware" of every other magnetic field but is much more "aware" of nearby fields than it is of fields on the other side of the globe. (Think of iron fileings on a piece of paper over a magnet. Now think of a three dimentional representation of that and how the farther you get from the magnetic source the further apart the field lines seem to be until we can't measure it's influence anymore. Probably, this simply means it's miniscule not that it is gone.)

What it all summed up for me was that on some level every individual human is extremely aware of other nearby humans but is theoretically barely microscopically aware of distant humans.

However this brings up the possibility that when humans identify themselves with a regional group than they might unconsciously "link" together and have an extended group awareness at least of other large groups.

Many groups could form a region.
Many regions could form a country.
And that seems to be where it stops.
It seems that "population pressure" is unable or unwilling to extend further than that.

Perhaps if we one day travel to other planets and form population pressures on them we will have reason as a group to bind together into a world-wide population pressure simply to maintain group awareness of each other.

Another future possibility would involve meeting a representative from an extra-terrestrial population pressure which is currently linked to their home population via the same concept I just described. At that time we might transcend our national boundaries and gain a planetary population pressure.

I'm not sure that I like that concept. It sounds too much like the metaphysical version of a 'one-world-government' to me. That concept frightens me very much. But I would be a liar if I didn't see that as a possible, albeit unlikely progression of ideas.

Sorry, this was such a long response. This concept of "population pressure" is really tough for me to describe.

(Or were you talking about Solipsism? In which case I am either talking to myself, a projection of myself, one of the few other reality producing entities OR a projection of one of the other entities. Heaven forbid a projection of a projection. Just kidding, Solipsism is beyond me. Does that make me someone else's projection? In that case I think they should have put a little more effort into it.)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Okay. Thank you. got me to thinking. so I went and tried to find a website link. And what I found was a scientist named Rupert Sheldrake who talked a lot about morphogenetic fields. (memory being maintained outside the brain and very likely within an energy field around the entity) I remember seeing the article that is the 3rd web link but I don't remember ever actually comeing across Dr. Sheldrake before. Something I've read or someone i've talked to over the years must have however because a lot of what he has been researching is what I was talking about... only a lot more clearly stated.

Anyhow here's a few web links you might enjoy:

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.theepochtimes.com...

new topics

top topics

join