It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Online Beta "The Secret World" - Kick...**se

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
You can choose to be in the

A) The Illuminati [USA]
B) The Dragons [China]
C) The Templar [Britain]

I'm in A catagory.

Looks to be a bad arse online MMPG. Watch their trailer.

www.thesecretworld.com...

Yeah, More Aliens.

What is the Secret War?

The Secret War is the battle for world domination between the Templars, the Dragon and the Illuminati. It is fought in boardrooms, on the battlefield, and now -- even online!

By participating in the Secret War experience you get to:

Share assets, recruit friends as agents, and unlock achievements to earn points
Progress through six secret society ranks by earning more points - with rank six automatically granting you guaranteed beta access!
Work together with other members of your secret society to capture countries on a global map - ultimately unlocking an exclusive video for your secret society!
Unlock exclusive in-game items such as clothing, weapons, titles and more
Access and share all-new assets such as screenshots, videos and even articles

Way better than Second Life..
edit on 3-9-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-9-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Oh YEAH! I'm checking this out!

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I don't know about you but I want that chicks house in the second vid before it get destroy-ed-did. Looks like it might be fun I hope the controls arn't sh# .

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Part of the illuminati lol waiting for further instructions

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Newz2387
Part of the illuminati lol waiting for further instructions

Yeah me too.. I can't wait.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jonco6

I just want to have those "fire hands" she whips out....I could find good use for that in my real life!

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
when do i get my email to start the 2nd part and actually play?

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   

when do i get my email to start the 2nd part and actually play?

I know after I signed up, I was like so ready to play. Then it said I had to wait for another email. Bummer.

Once I get it though, I'll be there.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

almost 24hrs later and still no email. did i join the wrong side or something?

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

You won't get one, it's just beta registration right now.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater

Another pretty pointless thread by you then .
You're building up quite a collection .

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by tpg65

Originally posted by Manhater

Another pretty pointless thread by you then .
You're building up quite a collection .

www.abovetopsecret.com...

If you have nothing to add, then don't bother posting.

Secret World is just a pre sign up at the moment. I had to wait a year just to get the sign up email. Hopefully the game is almost completed and their ready to begin opening the site. Patience is a virtue.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
The game is quite large. Took forever to download all the patches. Not too buggy though which is good for a new game. I wish when you talked to characters that they wold just tell the whole damn story. It's annoying to have to keep clicking on the same subject for more info. Graphics hopefully are better through DX11. Would be interesting where they got most of their info for the game from. It's like they took most of what's been posted on ATS and turned it into a game.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruptedstructure

YUH, when were you able to download it??? I haven't gotten the download link yet... Dang, point me in the direction please.......... I've been waiting to play this.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Not sure really, they just randomly started sending me emails because I played Anarchy Online for a minute which required a Funcom account. One day a few months ago they sent me an e-mail saying if I was interested that I was selected to try the beta if I wanted to. So I signed up and they kept sending me email news updates for a while once about every week or two. Then eventually they sent me a Beta Access Key number and a link where to download it. Took me a while to finally get it configured but I finally just got it going yesterday

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruptedstructure

Man, I'm hurt now. I wasn't offered as a BETA...

Nobody loves me..............

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
This is the email I received minus my Access Key number of course
:

The Secret World Beta Update

WELCOME TO THE BETA TESTING OF THE SECRET WORLD

Congratulations!

You have been selected to participate in the closed beta phase of Funcom's upcoming MMO, The Secret World. You will automatically be included in all future beta events for The Secret World.

Your exclusive Beta Access Key is:
--------------------

Setup/Installation

To set up your account:

1. Visit the following site: register.thesecretworld.com...
2. If you already have a Funcom account, log in and enter the Beta Access Key in the Key Registration section on the bottom left.
3. If you do not already have a Funcom account click on the "click here" link under New Customer and enter the Key given above.

After registering your account you can download the client from the account page by clicking the "Game Download" link and saving the tsw-en.exe file to your computer. When it has finished downloading you need to run the executable and following the installation prompts. After the game has installed the TSW Patcher will automatically launch.

Beta Schedule

The beta is currently open and we are doing invites in waves. Your account will be activate from Tuesday May 8th at 5pm EST, however you are able to create you account, install and patch the game before this time. For more information, please see the beta forum or the game launcher. We have chosen to conduct the tests targeted towards specific areas and/or features of the game we want testing and feedback on. As the beta progresses you will have access to more content than these targeted tests and the length of when the beta will be open will also increase.

Disclaimer

Please keep in mind this is a beta and that the primary function of a beta is to uncover technical and gameplay related issues so that we can iron these out and improve the game before release. This means that there will be issues with both content and features that will be detrimental to your experience. Your role as a beta tester is to identify these and report them to us so that we can fix them. Also keep in mind that we are currently testing only specific content and features, and as such you will only discover a portion of the finished game's content. Over time as we get closer to the release of the game, we will be adding more and more features and content that you will be able to discover, test and help us improve.

Beta Schedule

You account will be activated for the PvE Tech test scheduled for Tuesday May 8th. For more information, please see the beta forum or the game launcher. We have chosen to conduct the tests targeted towards specific areas and/or features of the game we want testing and feedback on. As the beta progresses you will have access to more content than these targeted tests and the length of when the beta will be open will also increase.

Forums

During registration you will automatically be added to the TSW Beta Forums. You can find the forums here: forums-beta.darkdaysarecoming.com... You should use the forums as your main means of giving us feedback. We will use the forums to organize test events, give news about new content arriving on the beta, and much much more! Be sure to check it and participate in the conversations as much as possible.

Bug reporting

To report a bug in game use the in-game bug reporting tool. Click ctrl-b and fill out the form. Please include as much information as possible to help us in reproducing the bug. In addition to this you can post feedback on the TSW Beta Forums located at: forums-beta.darkdaysarecoming.com...

Have fun with the Beta! We look forward to hearing your feedback.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Bah, I'm hurt. I did all the advertising and they selected you. instead of me.

new topics

top topics

join