It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Slavery The Game.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Has anyone heard about this?? A trailer hit the internet for a supposed video game based on the 17th century slave trades, where as you play as a slave trader.

Personally I think (and hope) its a troll, I've found nothing on the company Javelin Reds Gaming, and the number given leads straight to a Google voice inbox apparently and the email address given is non functional. If this is a joke its not a very tasteful joke.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
clearly not real. This would be a death sentence for any studio and publisher. Not even worth posting.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Though it might be a hoax, I can sadly say that there is a market for games like this.

There are twisted evil souls out there.

GM

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
A HOAX! I am a pretty heavy gamer and have been all the way back to the regular nintendo days. And never in all the games I have played or checked out in magazines or online ever had the name of the developer shown in the trailer attached to any of them. Also if this is a new company trying to break into gaming goodluck if this is your first game. Your company is already off to a bad start. This game actually has a website jus like any other game would but the difference that i believe proves it to be crap is THERE IS ZERO INFO on the game. I mean if you are seriously trying to promote a game you are going to at least write something about it. Besides all of that the graphics dont look worthy of any of those systems. So I say this can safely be called a hoax.
edit on 7/9/2011 by JROCK2527 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   
While I agree that everything points at it being fake (no details about the company, no domain registration info, bad concept, no working telephone number, etc.), it's hardly the most "shocking" game concept of the year.

Grand Theft Auto that deals with everything from murder, drugs and prostitutes to everything else that could be considered illegal is doing quite well for itself. Not to mention the endless string of war games such as Call of Duty, Shellshock and Homefront, which offend a lot of people (usually the "baddies" of the game). Just look at the countless games banned from Germany because of Nazi references. Then we've got games such as 50 Cent: Bulletproof and Manhunt which is simply put: Gruesome. Not to forget the Doom/Dungeons and dragons games that upset most religious groups...

So the concept isn't really "over the top" compared to some other games out there.

Let's pretend it's real: Will it outrage thousands of people. No doubt about it. Will it sell? If the actual game is any good: Yes. Will it get endless “free advertising” because of the thousands of outraged folks? You bet.

But I wouldn't hold my breath for the game to be released (not that I would support such a game in any case). The folks with the deep pockets over at Microsoft and Sony won't allow the game on their consoles (Playstation/XBox), so if it's ever released it will probably only be available on the PC. A bad move for anyone hoping to make money... In more ways than one.

On a side note - and an interesting tit-bit, I read on one of the sites discussing this same issue that "Javelin Reds is an anagram for 'De Slavernij'", which is Dutch for "The Slavery"...

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
i agree very sick joke, seems like it was made by a dutch guy

new topics

top topics

join