It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Homophobics Gay?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Here is a wild thought that I do not claim to subscribe to, just throwing it out there:

MAYBE, homosexuality is NOT A CHOICE and that they are born that way as

natures way of evolution, so that babies WONT be born because the world is overpopulated

enough as it is...maybe it is in our human code to help control population naturally.......

There have been cases where frogs change sexes, so this isnt too far fetched is it?

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Starwise

Are you comparing Man to a frog?

With suggestions like that, I rest my case.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starwise
Here is a wild thought that I do not claim to subscribe to, just throwing it out there:

Its widly accepted its not a choice.

I knew identical (male:EDIT) twins born minutes apart, one was always very feminine and one was always more macho, they got on fine however.

We asked the buch one if he thoguht his brother was gay because of his rapidly different way, after the inital unconfortable zone he replyed, "i do not know, i know hes not like me, but until he says hes gay, hes just my brother".

About the age of 18 his brother came out of the closet and he was warmly welcomed into express himself how ever he wanted by his family and freinds.

Both twins were my very good freinds and while we may have had to pop the odd guy in the mouth who was out of line (homaphobe) at school, we fully understood, they were both born the way they were and thats that.

So for me i do not hate gays or homosexuals, i trust its born not decided.
edit on 3-9-2011 by Biigs because: added text

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

You have your opinions....well, I damn well have mine sonny boy!

I sincerely doubt you are old enough to call me "sonny boy"...

You people expect us hetrosexuals to accept you as equal yet you deen us homophobic just because we are hetrosexual and we've have had a guts full of your lot?

If you live here in the States, I damn sure do expect you, no make that DEMAND that you live by the Constitution and the principles laid out in it. The Bill of Rights is all about the rights, freedoms and protections of the INDIVIDUAL (say it with me now), not the will of the majority. I don't much care for the majority of heterosexuals who are either uneducated, knuckledraggers, or trailer park residents, but I accept your right to do as you wish, and have put my backside on the line to defend your right to be an ignorant hatemonger (I am a disabled American Veteran who served his country with Honor and Distinction). Quite frankly I've had MY guts full of you lot who think you can impose your will on others...

Look around, open your bloody eyes.......society is sick and diseased because of you.

Really? How are homosexuals responsible for homelessness, poverty, an ever-increasing divorce rate, single parent households, rampant unemployment, bigotry, greed, etc., etc., etc... I can say we are responsible for most of the fashion you all wear and worship, the majority of florist shops that you frequent when you screw up and piss the wife/girlfriend off...

Psychologically and emotionally, you homosexuals are WEAK !

Actually, thanks to you lot, we are MUCH stronger in those areas than you and your kind...

Grow the hell up, the world does'nt evolve around you.......it evolves around us hetrosexuals who will decide the end game!

I think you meant revolve, not evolve... You have little to say about the evolution of the flora and fauna of the planet... What is this end game you speak of, oh Swami of the Straight World? Are you planning another "Final Solution"???

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b8b2dbff0956.jpg[/atsimg]

Good luck with that! Just fair warning: When you come for me, I'm well armed and a sharpshooter...

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Of course I am NOT comparing man to frog. Im giving an example of nature and its balance.....
For the record I am not gay, in case you were about to spew some hatred towards me...

My belief in raising a boy is quite different that yours by the way. Your view is not wrong and neither is mine.

I do want to add that you sound like an old man full of hate in your heart. You better watch out because when you get old and are ready to die, you may just be alone and humbled by having some gay nurse wash your back side when your in the nursing home.......thats called KARMA!

May the Goddess fill your life and soul with light, and not darkness...PEACE

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I've given this a lot of thought because there's any old saying, "that which we resist, persists." Homosexuality in itself has never elicited any real emotional response from me, so when some people react downright obsessively toward it, yeah, I wonder. All the fighting, a lot of it seems... internal.

Have you noticed how many time the frothing-at-the-mouth Conservatives condemning it will call for gays to "resist the urge"? I don't think the concept of an urge would even occur to someone who doesn't know what it feels like. That's just my opinion of course.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Biigs

Its widly accepted its not a choice.

I knew identical (male:EDIT) twins born minutes apart, one was always very feminine and one was always more macho, they got on fine however.

We asked the buch one if he thoguht his brother was gay because of his rapidly different way, after the inital unconfortable zone he replyed, "i do not know, i know hes not like me, but until he says hes gay, hes just my brother".

About the age of 18 his brother came out of the closet and he was warmly welcomed into express himself how ever he wanted by his family and freinds.

Both twins were my very good freinds and while we may have had to pop the odd guy in the mouth who was out of line (homaphobe) at school, we fully understood, they were both born the way they were and thats that.

So for me i do not hate gays or homosexuals, i trust its born not decided.
edit on 3-9-2011 by Biigs because: added text

Very nice story....I do not believe it is a choice either
My son is 5 and if he comes home one day
and tells me he is gay

I will tell him,
Its alright, I have known since you were 2 years old....
AND I WILL ALWAYS LOVE HIM NO MATTER WHAT!!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
This is my take on it.
While it's true some homophobes could be gay I don't think it qualifies as a rule of thumb.

That's like saying someone who hates a specific race actually wishes they were another race and is upset at their short comings for being born into whatever race they were.

Or the men who think women are inferior and visa versa, actually think they are weaker than the women/men and need to lash out to reassert their dominance.
While that may be true in some cases it's not true in all of them; sometimes the person is just a jack ass.

Saying the religious zealot wishes they were part of the other religion because their religious tenants are different and might be better.
Again and this is probably true for some, but far less than the other examples.

The far right, left, center, up or down politically absolutely hating the other.
I'm willing to bet very few of this example fall into the "doth protest too much" at least in terms of wishing they were on the other side.

The bully who hates and picks on the mentally or physically challenged.
I don't think the bully who is stronger wishes to be weaker.
Or the elite intellectual who hates those "below" them in IQ; they certainly don't wish they were something they consider less than them.

The Rich snob that looks down upon people while it may be argued they might not be able to enjoy the simple things in life I doubt their hate of the other stems from secretly seeing a mirror image of themselves and hating it in themselves.

Bigots are bigots, and there doesn't have to be a reason behind their hatred.
The might not even know why they hate xyz, or it could be out of ignorance to something different.
Or fear of something different, but that doesn't mean they "doth protest too much"
It means they are jerks and bigots.

Psychologists like to study and classify everything, but some things can't be explained by such a generalization.

I also question the motives of such a study, it seems to me that studying such a phenomenon as bigotry and hate, or phobias against certain classes isn't without inherent ulterior motives and bias.
Such a study that deals with something so emotional is going to be inherently biased one way or another.

Not to mention when the results of the study can than be used to inflame one set of the study.
Yes these results could sooth the wounds of those hurt by such bigotry.
The results can also be thrown back in the face of the bigot like a knife.
IE "you only hate gay people because you are secretly gay yourself".
If they aren't gay it will just anger them and make them more irrational and harder to deal with.
If they are, and haven't come to terms with it, such an accusation would make them retreat into their hate even further which not only causes them to hurt themselves but more prone to even more hate and irrational behavior.

I guess what I am saying is I don't think studies like this hold much weight.
They do more harm than good, and are prone to far too much bias.

A better study or perhaps exercise, would be to study how to help those in self denial deal with their issues.
Or how to bridge the gap of hate between the bigot and the target of their hate.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

This is how you breed hetrosexual men!

You don't want to know how many gay men I know who were raised just like that and still enjoy all those things (except the squirtin' out the kid part)...

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I quite like this thread, interesting although slightly off-topic for the general feel of this 'conspiracy' sight. A few of my friends all get called gay in banter and jest although sometimes it does make you wonder....! If someone is gay.. SO WHAT.. this is the new age. Why should anyones sexuality bother someone else? It's not our business and to be frank if I was to poke me nose into someones life and comment, I'd be a pretty rubbish human being. Live and let live.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

natures way of evolution, so that babies WONT be born because the world is overpopulated

enough as it is...maybe it is in our human code to help control population naturally.......

There have been cases where frogs change sexes, so this isnt too far fetched is it?

My impression is that all humans are biologically born with a sexually neutral preference.. in other words, we are all born bi-sexual and environmental conditions (population stress, diet, etc.) can lead people one direction or another. I do not think there is a formula for this.. but I get your analogy regarding the frogs. In a population stressed environment, certain species will automatically change genders. Since that is a bit more complicated in organisms such as primates, perhaps sexual preferences are the natural balancing tool.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers
As usually happens in conversations like these, a relatively reasonable question has been overly analyzed and all sense of decorum has gone out the window.

Are all homophobes gay? No. Some of them are strict religious advocates...

Are many homophobes gay? Define many

Are some homophobes gay? Yes, absolutely. We have proof of that in the world of American politics where anti-gay vitriol is slung by politicians who are hiring rent-a-boys or tappin toes in the bathroom.

As for the positioning of this thread, It should probably be in the social issues forum, but that's for the mods to work out.

edit on 9-3-2011 by rogerstigers because: (no reason given)

Wanted to add to this... Some homophobes are just afraid of change. (aka the mythical "Gay Agenda")

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

ATTENTION!!!

Please post in a civil manner....that means no belittling, off topic posts, casting aspersions on another's character, talking down to other members, harassing or ridiculing others.

Further such remarks can and will result in post removals and/or warnings including temporary posting bans.

16) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive, libelous, defamatory, hateful, intolerant, bigoted and/or racist manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

Terms & Conditions Of Use

ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics

Ad Hominem Attacks And You

Trolling, And What To Do About It

The END of Hate Speech, subtle or otherwise, on ATS

YOU are responsible for your own posts

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

I think I am old enough to call you sonny boy! Seen the last remanants of Great Depression? I bet you have'nt.

You don't defend my rights.....our own men are quite capable of doing that themselves. They've seen more great wars than you could ever speak of....and survived them.

Don't bother playing the disabled veteran card with me to try winning me over. Your stint in the military is a whole different issue.

As for the final solution; yeah, my grandparents lost all their relatives in the Nazi Concentration Camps. How dare you use that to put your point across?

I hardly think a veteran knows the rag trade or music industry inside and out.

The reason why the divorce rate is so high is because men today are being feminized and fathers are not doing their jobs!!! As for your country's problems....yep....look who's running the show! Our military is run by cowards, none of whom have done a stint in the military and suffering from tall poppy syndome....it's called Narcissism! Wannabe's in their silk suits, talking big but can't produce! Yeah, good luck with that. Perhaps you Americans will grow a brain come the next Presidential elections. It appears there's little to choose from. Your future as a nation appears bleak already.

What Constitution? It appears it's fallen by the way side and you bloody well know it. Freedom to protect individuals in the USA diappeared after 9/11.

Mate...I won't be coming for you anytime soon. I feel too sorry for you being a disabled veteran and having to deal with a gay son.....I think you have your hands full.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

That's a slight misnomer... It's not the "Gay Agenda", it's the Grey Agenda! ET is coming to make us all slaves, and TPTB is just preparing us for our inevitable enslavement! Luckily, Greys like to keep homosexuals as pets and homosexuals for mine slaves...

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Starwise

Mate......

for your knowledge I'm a woman and I've produced 2 fine young men.

Where I come from we don't dump our parents in to nursing homes! Our family always take care of their own.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
whats mildly amusing is that being gay isnt a choice.
Hating gays is.

so to anyone bashing same sex couples just needs to lighten up.

Theres other things that are still illegal to hate with less abuse from everyone, the polygamists for example

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimnal
what did i say that was offensive all i wrote was extrovert homosexuals are particularly annoying push there ideas and opinions on you when they engage in conversations. and in Sydney city homos carry whistles in case off being assaulted

Well usually a psycho that plans this carries a gun, so I guess
the whistlers would be screwed
if he wanted to assault them.

Whistle half a brain.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b8b2dbff0956.jpg[/atsimg]

Notice those are triangles, not Stars of David on those concentration camp uniforms... C'mon Grandma, you should remember that Hitler's Final Solution applied to more than just the Jews! Now back to your 'end game'...

And for the record, I've got 4 grandkids so I'm NOBODY'S Sonny Boy...
edit on 3-9-2011 by JaxonRoberts because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join