It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Homophobics Gay?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by dolphinfan
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

I could care less. What I do care about are these agenda driven "scientific" studies that folks bandie about to claim some ideolical driven truth, regardless of what the issue is. That folks spend time on them is one thing. That they are used to inform public policy is outrageous and if tax payer funds are used at any level on this kind of rubbish is criminal.

I feel the same way about studies that suggest that kids that come from heterosexual families are more well adjusted than those that come out of stable gay families. The very definition of "well adjusted" is ambiguous at best and by definition is one that conforms to social norms. Whos norms? Typically the norms identified by those who create the baseline of the study built predicated on a composite of behaviors or traits that they find desirable. They define "well adjusted". How exactly is that done? Whos to say that conformance to those traits and behaviors infers any thing other than that - conformance? Why would conformance be deemed positive? I certainly don't think it is.

All of this stuff is not worth the paper its written on.

No offense intended but sounds to me like you are a hairs breadth away from banning books and magazines.
You gotta take the good with the bad. You can't base everything on a few lines in the Bible and Christian Fundamentalist dogma...Can we?

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

Approved of, no... Accepted, yes! Until we can live in a world where we have the same rights, freedoms and protections as everyone else, until we can live in a world where we do not have to live in fear when we leave our own communities, until we live in a world where what one does in the privacy of their own bedroom has ZERO effect on the rest of their lives, we will be in your face to change the world and society... GET USED TO IT!

reply to post by dolphinfan

Would you be saying the same thing if the study had proven the exact opposite? If not, then the bias is yours...

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Ban books or magazines? Thats good.

When I read the Lord of the Rings, I did not come away thinking there was a place called Mordor.

I take these "studies" about as realistic as that.

They are meant to entertain, not to enlighten and using them for enlightenment is about as reasonable as orienting the defense budget to combat the Dark Lord.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Are Homophobics Gay?

Well, the term 'homophobic' is a political label meant to belittle and identify those who do not immediately agree with what could be roughly referred to as the gay agenda. This name is plastered on anyone and everyone without an ounce of consideration as to why a person may not fall into the preferred thinking.

So... the name means nothing except as an insult.

Beyond that, this stereotypes everyone who is tagged as homophobic, which is no different than racism that identifies the worst traits of a few, to an entire race. If the gay community wants mainstream acceptance, then they probably need to stop acting like those worst examples of our species and start leading by applying something better than their opposites.

Finally, asking if your stereotyped group is in itself gay? Who really cares?

edit on 3-9-2011 by redoubt because: typos

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Read my posts.

No. I think that all of this psuedo science is just that,. psuedo science. It is not science and all of it is crap. Might be interesting to some, but it is not something that anyone should take the least bit seriously.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by dolphinfan

Ban books or magazines? Thats good.

When I read the Lord of the Rings, I did not come away thinking there was a place called Mordor.

I take these "studies" about as realistic as that.

They are meant to entertain, not to enlighten and using them for enlightenment is about as reasonable as orienting the defense budget to combat the Dark Lord.

Heathen!
Mordor exists.
(there was a study done on it)
Mordor Exists

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Meh, this argument is a tiresome one.

Not everybody who has a problem with homosexuals is gay. Sure some of them may be hiding their true feelings behind a wall of ignorance, others are just not comfortable with their own sexuality and feel threatened by people who are.

People are people and some will always disagree with others, we should not try to find ways to label them further. Homophobes are simply confused and as far as I'm concerned just need a bit of patience and understanding.

Ignorance and bigotry always have a root cause, and it's usually not because that person just wanted to hate a group of people. They are usually taught to hate.

~Keeper

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I agree this study like many is circumstantial and can be easily biased in one way or the other, so honestly I would take it with a grain of salt.

Seems like more propaganda to make people accept gays. They are pretty much claiming that if you are a Homophobe you are likely gay, But if you are a homophobe who happens to not be gay you must have deep issues and hatred for yourself.

Honestly to me, even the thought of homosexuality is really disgusting.
Im a guy, and It's instinct that I was born with that makes me see this as wrong, not religion, media, or family. I was born with a normal male brain that only sees women as sexual/relationship partners. Also the way many of them talk and act like women annoys crap out of me. Alot of them seem to want to draw attention to themselves, and that also annoys me. But that goes for all people gay or not. Most gays do it though, I dont need a study to back that one up.

I suggest running around saying most homophobes are really gay to people, you might get punched in the mouth.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by redoubt

Are Homophobics Gay?

Well, the term 'homophobic' is a political label meant to belittle and identify those who do not immediately agree with what could be roughly referred to as the gay agenda. This name is plastered on anyone and everyone without an ounce of consideration as to why a person may not fall into the preferred thinking.

So... the name means nothing except as an insult.

Beyond that, this stereotypes everyone who is tagged as homophobic, which is no different than racism that identifies the worst traits of a few, to an entire race. If the gay community wants mainstream acceptance, then they probably need to stop acting like those worst examples of our species and start leading by applying something better than their opposites.

Finally, asking if your stereotyped group is in itself gay? Who really cares?

edit on 3-9-2011 by redoubt because: typos

Nothing political about sex.
And that is what this is all about.
So it is not a political label, that is quite original though and I give you points for coming up with it.
It is a word to define and describe people who are overtly, vocally, acutely and demonstrably pushing an anti-gay agenda forward. And re: your last query...I don't really think anyone but the homo-phobics and anyone else on the Hateraide really does care. Just trying to make it a little harder for people to air their dirty laundry and petty hatreds for all the world to see.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Are arachnophobics Spiders?

Are dendrophobics trees?

Are anthrophobics flowers?

Hmmmmm seems not.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
maybe homophobes were sexually molested by the queer uncles and now they're ashamed and only rage towards queers is their only outlet????? HMMMM this is most likely the case

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I'm sure a fair amount are gay.
The others are simply "flame retardant".

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by anumohi

Or they where molested by that uncle and and never want it to happen again. (I wonder if its the same uncle that molests them all?)......

If I sodomized you against your will, you would be looking over your shoulder from then on

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Again this topic.....

Well homophobe is a BS term that generalizes just like bigots generalize gays. It should be dropped, it just continues this stupid cycle of labeling each other in the most derogatory way as possible because of some deep seated anger that we have from a past experience. I have met one "true" "homophobe" who would not sit on something I had sat on because I am gay....he pretty much said that verbatim. Irrational is a better term I suppose....

Unfortunately, it won't change no matter how much we protest at eachother. People have beliefs that they think is the right way and should be adhered to by all or else as a whole, the world suffers or most likely because they just flat out don't like it (from both sides of the argument).

Everyone seems to have a need to come out on top.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignant
in my experience so far, theres definitely a high correlation.

i noticed tough-acting kids from jhs who would dwell on calling more whimpish boys forgots compulsively, i bump into them in odd places in nyc and its obvious they are gay

during my adolescent summer odd jobs i experienced pretty much the same:

many religious bashers of homosexuals = gay themselves
many macho/ overly muscle-concious 'act straight' folks = gay themselves
many fathers who are mad their son turned out gay = living fake life, molested their own kid(s)

thats what i've observed and im sure many others have.

people tend to project hate toward others' behaviour based on what they don't like about themselves.

their way of dealing with it without confronting it, perhaps distancing/displacing themselves from the underlying self-hate. that's gay.

You seem to know a lot about gay behaviors. You must be gay yourself.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnmcandiez
This is like saying are neo-nazis all secretly jews?

Well wasn't Hitler part Jewish?

Originally posted by Nikola014
Why do you keep opening threads like this?

This is a conspiracy forum not a Lesbian and Gay support forum,good God.

Stop already.

edit on 3-9-2011 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

Maybe OP thinks there is a conspiracy towards gays, all created by homophobes...
edit on 3-9-2011 by blackrain17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nikola014
I came on this forum to read about conspiracies not about gays and lesbians.

Administrators should really consider to forbid threads like this.

You, my dear, have just validated this Thread!

You just couldn't help yourself could you?

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Lol, that's like saying Atheists are closet Christians.

edit on 3-9-2011 by Frontkjemper because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Are bisexuals terrified of homophobes or would it be asexuals? I am so confused
if I am terrified of all phobics then I am fearless?

I think there are more causes of phobia than there are phobias

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
White supremacists are all secretly black.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join