It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

NATO kills ex-Guantanamo detainee in Afghanistan.

page: 3
4
<< 1  2    4 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paulioetc15


So this guy got released in 2007 so that he could got back to his sneaky activities to carry out attacks on NATO forces in Afghanistan.

I also know that GITMO was te thing that led to the Bin Laden Compund. I cna't be sure about Guantanamo bay is useful or not. But i mean half of them innocent in prison and some half of them not.

www.boston.com
(visit the link for the full news article)


Worse even than that hypocrisy, NATO has now put a known Al Qaeda man, also an ex-detainee, in charge of the rebels in Libya.


edit on 3-9-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)




posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by hangedman13
All this sympathy and claims of freedom fighting doesn't change the fact the guy was a follower of a back water theocratic regime. The same regime that destroyed priceless historic statues because they didn't fit into their world view. Lets not forget the medieval treatment of its women and of westerner's it captures. The Taliban was not a CIA front they are the disposed leadership of the country! Now granted the replacements are not the best, but at least there is potential for equality denied during the last regime is now possible!


How are Western governments any better? What business have we to invade a country and tell them how to live their lives? Would you like it if it happened in your country?



posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I dont see where one worthless gitmo trash is even worth writing about.

And for the aussie with the bad hair.....35,000 children died today around the world from starvation. If your peacenick hippie ideas could do anything for anybody and have good to them....please invest your time and money there.

Because tomorrow 35,000 more will die. and the same every day until people get their priorities in order.

Its really a shame anyone is giving a two time confirmed terrorist carcass even a second look.



posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
The ironic thing probably is, and this is just speculation, that the man wasn't a terrorist before being imprisoned for five years. If I was wrongfully imprisoned for five years I know I would want to get back at those who incarcerated me.

This isn't to say that is how it happened, but I suppose it's possible. He did get released though didn't he? And five years is what, about average incarceration time for Guantanamo Bay? He may have been a terrorist when sent there though, so I don't know. The alternative was just the first thing I thought.



posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by Kryties
 


This image seems familiar. Weren't there men with rpgs right by them?


Nope. There were absolutely no enemy nearby, no matter how much people wish there were.



posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowalker
And for the aussie with the bad hair.....


I have a name you know.


35,000 children died today around the world from starvation. If your peacenick hippie ideas could do anything for anybody and have good to them....please invest your time and money there.


Please mind your own damn business and don't tell me what I can and cannot do with my time. I don't do it to you, so I appreciate it if you could return the courtesy.


Because tomorrow 35,000 more will die. and the same every day until people get their priorities in order.


Stopping starving people is a whole different ballgame to stopping war mate. If you cannot tell the difference then I suggest you look them up.


Its really a shame anyone is giving a two time confirmed terrorist carcass even a second look.


If he was such a bad "tewwowist" then why was he released hmm?



posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

Originally posted by Shadowalker
And for the aussie with the bad hair.....


I have a name you know.

If he was such a bad "tewwowist" then why was he released hmm?


like the clown on the simpsons!

he was released coz people would be upset if he died from torture at gitmo,

chip his a$$ and let him go. a little GPS majic and no more elemer fud impressions for him.



posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks
 


That is quite possibly the single worst reasoning for ANYTHING that I have ever had the misfortune to witness with my own two eyes.

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.


edit on 4/9/2011 by Kryties because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paulioetc15

Originally posted by Kryties

Originally posted by Paulioetc15
The United States military works to keep collateral damage to a minimum and reduce civilian casualties as much as possible.


Tell that to these Iraqi journalists just going about their daily business.....only to be chopped to pieces by an AC-130 gunship then run over by tanks.......US of course....



Let me guess: Have you been over to Iraq in 2007 or just you mouthing off without the head of the battle? It's easy to say you're not going to do it but you haven't been there. The 2007 Iraq was at that time where insurgents. Besides, reporters who embed with a unit in a combat zone know the risks. If a reporter is going to embed themselves with some terrorists, then they should realize that a hellfire may make an appearance on their camera.

Same with Afghanistan too, it not just the US, a lot of civilians were known for sheltering the Taliban, making them targets.

Also i noticed while they were fired upon, some reporter stick it's camera like a gun making it look like they were firing on them.

That said, there are need some serious ROEs need to be done but the there was an investigation and they were clear on wrong-doing. Don't be so quick to call someone a sociopath when you have never had to fight in a war yourself.

Also there was already an apology letters send by the U.S. to those victims of reporter families. I guess modern times nowadays, some reason people care so much about collateral damage but only when it involves the USA.

Those military fight so that people allow you to post these stuff off.



what threat are those guys to the apache helicopter that was 15 miles away. that would be the only justification for the pilots to fire on them. to save their lives.

that was a massacre. for all anyone knows they were a neighborhood watch protecting their homes from al qaeda, extremists and militants. basically just like you and me living in hell would do to protect your family. band together with your neighbor for protection.

after saddam fell, iraq was in a free for all. #es and sunnis were and are still killing each other by the thousands.

that was the biggest threat in iraq, not american soldiers. that was a time when militants were wearing iraqi police uniforms and executing entire neighborhoods.

scores were being settled left and right. the same thing would happen in america if the government completely ceased to exist in a matter of hours.

no authority what so ever. no one to enforce laws, no court system, no prisons, no anything. you could grab your machine gun, wipe out a shopping mall full of people and completely get away with it. that's the situation in iraq.

you would think that if you're an insurgent and you spot an apache you'd run for life. but these guys are completely unconcerned. maybe another hint that these weren't bad guys.

but hey, shooting unarmed people is the american way.

edit on 4-9-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
So, let me just get this straight, in Afghan, we are fighting Al Queda and in Libya, they are arming Al Queda and calling them freedom fighters? Does this not seem a little odd to anyone else? of course it is the messed up kind of thinking that is gonna come back to bite them on the backside me thinks.

As to this guy, If he was an innocent in the first place, then it stands to reason that he would do everything within his power to fight a foreign government from taking over upon his release, i think he would be a little peed off dont you?, is this not what all of us with any morals would do if a foreign nation were to do that in our country? This is exactly what is going on in america today, it is just that it is being done in a subtle way a little bit at a time, so no one gets too worked up by it, it will come to a head though at some point. Then anyone who opposes will be a terrorist, when we all know that in reality, the only terrorists are the government and the policies they follow.




posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paulioetc15

NATO kills ex-Gitmo detainee in Afghanistan.


www.boston.com

KABUL, Afghanistan—NATO and Afghan forces killed a former Guantanamo detainee who had become a key al-Qaida affiliate after returning to Afghanistan, officials said Saturday. Sabar Lal Melma, who was released from Guantanamo in 2007 after five years of detention, had been organizing attacks in eastern Kunar province and funding insurgent operations, NATO spokesman Capt. Justin Brockhoff said. A NATO statement described Melma as a "key affiliate of the al-Qaida network" who was in contact with...
(visit the link for the full news article)


Related News Links:


edit on 3-9-2011 by Paulioetc15 because: (no reason given)


that is Obama-politics,now he can say:U see if we release them,they will kill again...



posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname

Originally posted by Paulioetc15

Originally posted by Kryties

Originally posted by Paulioetc15
The United States military works to keep collateral damage to a minimum and reduce civilian casualties as much as possible.


Tell that to these Iraqi journalists just going about their daily business.....only to be chopped to pieces by an AC-130 gunship then run over by tanks.......US of course....



Let me guess: Have you been over to Iraq in 2007 or just you mouthing off without the head of the battle? It's easy to say you're not going to do it but you haven't been there. The 2007 Iraq was at that time where insurgents. Besides, reporters who embed with a unit in a combat zone know the risks. If a reporter is going to embed themselves with some terrorists, then they should realize that a hellfire may make an appearance on their camera.

Same with Afghanistan too, it not just the US, a lot of civilians were known for sheltering the Taliban, making them targets.

Also i noticed while they were fired upon, some reporter stick it's camera like a gun making it look like they were firing on them.

That said, there are need some serious ROEs need to be done but the there was an investigation and they were clear on wrong-doing. Don't be so quick to call someone a sociopath when you have never had to fight in a war yourself.

Also there was already an apology letters send by the U.S. to those victims of reporter families. I guess modern times nowadays, some reason people care so much about collateral damage but only when it involves the USA.

Those military fight so that people allow you to post these stuff off.



what threat are those guys to the apache helicopter that was 15 miles away. that would be the only justification for the pilots to fire on them. to save their lives.

that was a massacre. for all anyone knows they were a neighborhood watch protecting their homes from al qaeda, extremists and militants. basically just like you and me living in hell would do to protect your family. band together with your neighbor for protection.

after saddam fell, iraq was in a free for all. #es and sunnis were and are still killing each other by the thousands.

that was the biggest threat in iraq, not american soldiers. that was a time when militants were wearing iraqi police uniforms and executing entire neighborhoods.

scores were being settled left and right. the same thing would happen in america if the government completely ceased to exist in a matter of hours.

no authority what so ever. no one to enforce laws, no court system, no prisons, no anything. you could grab your machine gun, wipe out a shopping mall full of people and completely get away with it. that's the situation in iraq.

you would think that if you're an insurgent and you spot an apache you'd run for life. but these guys are completely unconcerned. maybe another hint that these weren't bad guys.

but hey, shooting unarmed people is the american way.

edit on 4-9-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)


Ya if shooting unarmed people in the American way, Iraq and rest of the middle east could have been flatten a long time ago. Guess what, even our allies shot most of unarmed people in IRaq and Afghanistan so don't take it as it's an American way.



posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by John0Doe
 


To be honest, the guy was released during the George Bush Jr administration.



posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Interesting timing. Just days after NATO have been exposed because the new head of the rebels in Libya is a known Al Qaeda operative, ex US detainee, this news is released.

More propaganda?


edit on 4-9-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Well it's probably going to be the case with most of the people who were detained in Guantanamo. Those who were not terrorists before will probably become some once they are released. Those who were will be even more motivated in their radical views.



posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
reply to post by fooks
 


That is quite possibly the single worst reasoning for ANYTHING that I have ever had the misfortune to witness with my own two eyes.

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.


edit on 4/9/2011 by Kryties because: (no reason given)



that's why in your world all the terrorist win!


in my world, he would be so drugged up, he be wearing a critter cam and let back into the wild.


and i put zero # into what you think about my reasoning.



posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by randomname
 


the "american" forces were a lot closer, they were getting cover on the ground from the air.

too bad they don't have some bi-nocks.

the dumbasses that got shot, btw!












edit on 4-9-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooks
and i put zero # into what you think about my reasoning.


Likewise


At least I can spell, capitalise and form proper sentences.

edit on 4/9/2011 by Kryties because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties
 


no I'm fairly sure there were.....





uh yea. I'd shoot too. 4 minutes in. That's an rpg. And if it's not, well you're damn stupid for being in a war zone and pulling out a long object while taking cover from a wall.




posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

Originally posted by Shadowalker
And for the aussie with the bad hair.....


I have a name you know.


35,000 children died today around the world from starvation. If your peacenick hippie ideas could do anything for anybody and have good to them....please invest your time and money there.


Please mind your own damn business and don't tell me what I can and cannot do with my time. I don't do it to you, so I appreciate it if you could return the courtesy.


Because tomorrow 35,000 more will die. and the same every day until people get their priorities in order.


Stopping starving people is a whole different ballgame to stopping war mate. If you cannot tell the difference then I suggest you look them up.


Its really a shame anyone is giving a two time confirmed terrorist carcass even a second look.


If he was such a bad "tewwowist" then why was he released hmm?


Jeeze...your a little testy there. He did 5 years. thats enough time to change his behavior. But he didnt so he gets what he has coming returning to a war zone to fight.

I was merely pointing out your flawed logic pattern.

Just as soon see all of the terrorists gone. But the logic is still there. 35,000 starving children died yesterday, and 35,000 die today. Thats 70K, and people are that low in the primordial ooze they get lost an a two strikes terrorist? wow.

BTW I did notice later your avatar is the nutter from the History channel. Apolgies for thinking it was you.



new topics

top topics



 
4
<< 1  2    4 >>

log in

join