It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Comedian Nearly Starts Race Riot With Mexican Heckler In Phoenix

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Black Comedian Nearly Starts Race Riot With Mexican Heckler In Phoenix

www.youtube.com

Katt Williams Disses Mexican Man...Just Jokes? Or Too Far?

Viewer discretion is strongly advised.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Black comedian Katt Williams unleashes a profane anti-Mexican tirade at a Mexican heckler.

When I first saw this video I was alarmed but looking back I think the whole incident may be staged. Anyways this brings back memories of the anti-black tirade of comedian Michael Richards several years ago

It's an absolute shame the Mexican heckler didn't have a microphone

I mean the whole rant is nearly identical to what you would probably read on some political comment board

As a Canadian myself does this incident represent the mindset of the Southwest U.S.A?

Will there by civil war there in the next 10-20 years?

What do ATSers think about this whole situation?

www.youtube.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Black man always be keeping the Mexican man down...

Racial divide is ridiculous...

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by GrassyKnoll

so if a black man does it, its staged?
i think he went overboard.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

To add:

To say it is just about ethnicity is overlooking the context of the tirade. He was speaking about nationalism (another idiot divider) where people should be loyal to their chosen or given nationality and not their native country.

What I find disturbing is how so many people could be entertained by the rant. It is little more than a couple of disillusioned kids talking smack outside of a high school. Zero professionalism, zero wit. Just a battering of egos that should do nothing for the audience.

edit on 3-9-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
OMG thats disgraceful
Such a big man standing behind the security.

Theres a fine line between racial humour and just plain insults and hatred and that guy took a running leap over that boundery. That wasnt comdey and he wasnt trying to be funny , what he said was pure hatred. Imagine if he had tried that rant on the Irish or the Jews?

Dont you guys have laws in America against inciting racial hatred?

edit on 3-9-2011 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I loved it.

This is America.

We cheated the Mexicans out of this land, Fair and square...

We have the receipts...

If you have a problem with the sale...Talk to Spain.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Fights in comedy clubs makes me laugh.

Okay some comedians can go to far somtimes, fact. But if you are the type to get easily aggertated, dont *expletive deleted* go to the clubs!

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
he had a good point "if you love another country more than you love america, get to stepin"

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

A civil war involves in fighting between the citizens of a country. Mexicans from Mexico are not Americans. Do you have any any how many illegal Mexicans are living here right now? About 6 million as per a 2009 survey. That's like 15% of you Canadian's total population lol DHS estimates that every year, half a million more illegals enter this country. Border patrol has stopped around 250,000 each year. The total amount of illegals in this country is thought to be anywhere from 7 - 20 million.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by DoctorSatan

so if a black man does it, its staged?
i think he went overboard.

Umm a comedian performs from a stage so every event may very well be stage.

When Michael Richards did it the whole audience was shocked, you could see it on their faces. Katt Williams' audience seemed to go along with the whole bit.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Katt Williams was on CNN this a.m. and what he said made a lot of sense.

What we don't see is this Mexican started heckling him shouting "F*ck American." What we see on the circulating video is Katt responding to this guy who just wouldn't shut up. If you can catch the CNN interview it makes more sense.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Comedy can be a powerful tool for social enlightenment.... that's why only smart people can do it.

If what he says stings... it's more important to figure out why than it is to silence him.

Of course... comedy also includes irreverent insensitivity as a component... that can be misused... or improperly applied.... their are two kinds of comedians.. those who care about that, and those who don't. It's a choice they make.

link   
Williams pretty much apologized.

I wouldn't have, and I'm half "latino." He was right. Neither Mexico, nor "Mexicans" have any claim to US territory so lets just get that out of the way now, if people cant handle that, too damn bad. Second, the guy is doing a comedy show, the man in the audience heckled his act. Then continued on instead of letting it go. Has anyone else ever seen what comedians do when hecklers pull that mess? They don't like it, and they let you know, in front of everybody, especially when you mess up and act passionate about something that was intended to be a spot of humor and you're wrong.

Lesson learned? Sit down and enjoy the damn show. Keep your smartass comments to yourself and everyone can have a good time.
edit on 3-9-2011 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

link   
here is Williams apology for the rant...

www.cnn.com...
looking for video

more of an explanation of the entire conversation...mostly..Williams may be foul mouthed but he wasn't in the wrong.
edit on 3-9-2011 by CaDreamer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by cry93
Katt Williams was on CNN this a.m. and what he said made a lot of sense.

What we don't see is this Mexican started heckling him shouting "F*ck American." What we see on the circulating video is Katt responding to this guy who just wouldn't shut up. If you can catch the CNN interview it makes more sense.

exactly!

I would have loved to have heard what the heckler said.

Personally I didn't find the whole incident funny but I watched some of Katt Williams other stuff and it's pretty funny...it rivals Chris Rock and Dave Chappelle.

So this thing will be good publicity for Katt Williams whose act I'd never seen before nor millions of others.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by CaDreamer

I love how they Said The Mexican Was a Heckler. When It All Started With "Are you from Mexico Sir, Do you Know where Mexico is? Then Go Back! "

Yeah, The Mexican Was a Huge Heckler.

He Just Was Able to Work the Crowd. and Try and make up # that was Funny. Wasn't a Good Act in my opinion

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I am aware of Katt Williams remarks and what surprises me is that Katt Williams is successfully continuing to racially polarize Hispanics and Blacks with no one stating as such from any major media source.

Katt Williams as of this morning, has apologized for his racial insensitive remarks based on what the news media was reporting this morning.

What amazes me is that Katt Williams angrily belittled a Mexican heckler with being un-American while most blacks refuse to accept anything about America because of course of the slave days and being encouraged to be separate but always unequal in everything American. It is this sudden defense of American values that just seems out of place for a black comedian to be criticizing another person of race who also most likely happens to be an immigrant or new American citizen from Mexico.

Katt Williams through his remarks has helped to promote a continued negative racial hatred between Mexicans and Blacks and while this race issue is by itself a major issue in big cities like LA, it only serves to continue the polarization that blacks have towards Mexicans and vice versa.

Blacks and or Mexicans that love their homeland of Africa or Mexico more than America do have issues to contend with, but spreading racial hatred and calling it comedy is just an excuse for not wanting to be accountable for your actions and words in public.

Perhaps Katt Williams will one day understand that his racial remarks only helps to continue the racial divide that currently exists between Hispanics and blacks. While this racial divide is clearly seen in the violence that shows itself in the big cities, this issue will continue to be fed fuel that I fear will one day explode into a full out race war across the nation.

Perhaps this is what the TPTB want to keep us divided and fighting each other, but I contend that adding fuel to an existing fire is just dumb as dirt.

Anyway, that's the way I see this matter and no one, not even black comedians are above being answerable for their hatred and racial remarks.

Thank you for considering these thoughts on the subject matter of Katt Williams the comedian and his recent so called comedic, bigoted and racial hatred towards other races. While I am certain his apologies are needed to have any future comedic career, I feel that once you show your bigoted racial attitudes, any apology you make will only be beneficial if indeed you mean to apologize for your actions.

If the apology is to appease the public and give the media the basis to say Katt Williams apologized, then the apology is an empty effort that means absolutely nothing in the larger scheme of things. At least that is the way I see things.

Thanks for the thread and for considering these thoughts on the subject matter at hand.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I'm trying really hard to get through this video but I honestly can't understand 50% of what the comedian is even saying.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I think its hilarious, and I agree with Kat. If your mexican and you love mexico and hate usa but live in USA you need to GTFO and go back where you came from.

<<   2 >>

join