It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

350 NATO Militiamen killed As They Tried To Advance Towards Sirte

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

350 NATO MILITIAMEN KILLED AS THEY TRIED TO ADVANCE TOWARDS SIRTE

ozyism.blogspot.com

LJBC reported that over 350 NATO militia has been killed as they attempted to storm Sirte, while NATO militia begs for NATO to continue terror operations.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: All Caps In Title – Please Review This Link.
edit on 3/9/2011 by Sauron because: All Caps in title converted to lower case

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I think this means LJBC is up again, LJBC was down when NATO entered Tripoli from sea and from Tunisian border.

For those who don't know, LJBC is (Libyan Jamahiriya Broadcasting Corporation). This was I think the official state owned TV station, it was targeted by NATO bombs before, killing I think 3 employees.

That being said, there has been discussions about preparations to attack Sirte, one of the reasons why they continue delaying this attack is because they can't (duuh), second because NATO hasn't finished its carpet bombings yet, and third because of strategy.

It is much more complicated than one might think, there is too many factors on the ground, and they fear Jamahariya sleeper cells in Tripoli might start the assault if they send most fighters towards central Libya, that means the attacks will come from the south, and from within Tripoli making it an excellent counter attack that would most likely bring the capital back in the Jamahariya government's hands.

In that case NATO dead line will come, and they will have to vote again to whether continue the assault.

Tick Tock..

ozyism.blogspot.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I tend to distrust any state media. I think LBJC is probably pulling a Baghdad Bob on this. I don't think Libya deserves tis and we shouldn't be responsible for it but what is done is done. Nothing saves Libya at this point.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Fearmongering Fearmongering, how are you?
Why is real news so far and few?
A unbiased report is long overdue...

edit on 3-9-2011 by DoctorSatan because: this is not towards the op

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
More fear scaremongering i see.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by RadeonGFXRHumanGTXisAlien
More fear scaremongering i see.

How so?

I would like an explanation if possible.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I remember Comical Ali reporting there were no tanks in Baghdad when they were 1km away.

I trust this info about as much as I trust him.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flyer
I remember Comical Ali reporting there were no tanks in Baghdad when they were 1km away.

I trust this info about as much as I trust him.

Recently it is hard to trust anyone, as Al-Jazeera which became the alternative media joined MSM in its bombardment of lies against Libya.

So who to trust?

No one, merely take all sides of the story, like what real investigators do. They don't listen to one side, and if the other guy tries to tell his side of the story, he surely isn't beaten up by investigators, his story is listened to, then a conclusion and unbiased conclusion is derived by reviewing both sides of the story.

What we have now, is NATO bombing and hacking the other side to shutup and stay silent, while NATO media, and Qatar media rampantly spread disinfo which has been exposed here over and over again, right here in ATS.

So I understand why you wouldn't want to trust either side in war, but it is important to consider and listen to both sides of the story.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Dont know where the desert fox is right now, but hes definately leading Nato a merry chase.
Unfortunately the Libyan people will end up by far the loosers in this war.
The nato troops will eventually go home, but the Libyans will left in their desert without water, and with fewer homes.
This is the rape of a country you are watching, it is blatant, with few rudimentary propaganda attempts to whitewash it, because TPTB know the west will roll over for the promise of yet more oil to supply the gluttony.
We are tacitly approving this crime by not standing en masse together for the relief of the people of Libya.
Is it because deep down we know the oil will keep on flowing our way for another decade or two?
Is it because we are subconsciously aware it is WE the people who will benefit from this slaughter.????
I hope not........................................

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Hmm..

Wasn;t there a member who went by the name Oozyism? I remember him being a bit of nut job, totally unable to grasp any kind of logical debate and prone to making stuff up.. Anyhoo...

An unsourced blog citing Gaddafi controlled media as a source?

really?

Seeing as the Rebels (or should we say Government now?
) are not advancing and won't be for another week, I am calling total BS on this.

Even a Russia Today report would have been a better source than the one you have posted. It has the same kind of veracity as one would have if I started a blog and claimed Obama was having sex with my mum.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

I think it is absurd to claim that NATO won't advance for a week, because they said so, what do you think?

That being said o you think any report can be trusted at times of war? We have 99.9% of information coming from one side (NATO), just turn on your TV and watch, while NATO actively tries to silence the other side (and it looks like you're helping NATO with that job. Why?). They bombed Libyan TV, now completely off the airs. This blog suggests that the TV station is back up, finally giving us a chance to find out what is going on in Sirte after deadly bombardments by NATO, and maybe some information from Bani Walid, another town being bombed.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by confreak
I think it is absurd to claim that NATO won't advance for a week, because they said so, what do you think?

I think it is absurd to claim that they are advancing (and NATO isn't doing the advancing..the rebels are) just because a arandom blog with a suspiciously familiar name says so, with no corroboration. What do you think?

That being said o you think any report can be trusted at times of war? We have 99.9% of information coming from one side (NATO), just turn on your TV and watch,

Well, that's just not true, is it? I've seen just as much crap come from the pro-Gaddafi crowd as I have from the "NATO" side. It isn't just NATO doing this though, is it? Arab forces are involved as well and it was the Arab League that requested NATO get involved. People forget that...

while NATO actively tries to silence the other side (and it looks like you're helping NATO with that job. Why?). They bombed Libyan TV, now completely off the airs.

The TV station was hit, as part of valid 3C targetting. But Libyan State TV was still on the air up until last weekend. Missed that bit, didn't you?

This blog suggests that the TV station is back up,

it only went down when the Gaddafi regime ran from Tripoli last week, not because of NATO.

finally giving us a chance to find out what is going on in Sirte after deadly bombardments by NATO, and maybe some information from Bani Walid, another town being bombed.

They have been asked to surrender and are being given that chance. Any bombing is likely restricted to the Gaddafi loyalists closer to the front along the road. Over Sirte, Libyan State TV has said NATO has been dropping leaflets, not bombs. Missed that bit, didn't you?

See, this is what I have been saying all along. You lot cherry pick any random article than vaguely backs up your position, but ignore anything that doesn't.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

I think it is absurd to claim that they are advancing (and NATO isn't doing the advancing..the rebels are) just because a arandom blog with a suspiciously familiar name says so, with no corroboration. What do you think?

That's odd, I thought the militia was controlled by NATO, meaning NATO is actually doing the advancing, or do you think the militias weren't lead to Tripoli by NATO special ops? Maybe I read those reports incorrectly, and maybe I read the reports which suggested that NATO commanders lead the militias from the early days of this conflict, or maybe the reports that NATO secret services were operating in Libya, organizing militias way before any unrest, or the reports of Haftari militia being created, funded, and harbored by US/CIA since 1990s for the soul purpose of cause a regime change.

From where I'm standing, it looks like NATO is running the show, the militias work for NATO, take commands from NATO, enter cities and towns after NATO bombings... Do you see what I mean, or is it too hard to comprehend?

Well, that's just not true, is it? I've seen just as much crap come from the pro-Gaddafi crowd as I have from the "NATO" side. It isn't just NATO doing this though, is it? Arab forces are involved as well and it was the Arab League that requested NATO get involved. People forget that...

No, I said turn on the TV, what do you see? Al-Jazeera, BBC, MSNBC, FOX News, VOA... All one sided propaganda, even PressTV. As I said before, they have been consistently trying to silence the other side, why? Regarding the Arab League, I don't think Arab League has any say in this. Arab League asking NATO to attack Libya is like NATO asking NATO to attack Libya. The Arab Leadership is comprised of mostly puppets.

The TV station was hit, as part of valid 3C targetting. But Libyan State TV was still on the air up until last weekend. Missed that bit, didn't you?

Nope, I didn't miss that, but you missed my point by a mile, I said they consistently try to silent the other side, from bombings, to even hacking. I think it has something to do with "controlling the flow of information". Why do you think they want to control the flow of information?

it only went down when the Gaddafi regime ran from Tripoli last week, not because of NATO.

Nope, it went down when NATO militia and special ops entered Tripoli, abducting anything that resembled a Jamahariya supporter, including reporters, movie actors, black migrant workers, black Libyans... Early estimates suggests at least 50,000 civilians have been abducted only in Tripoli.

They have been asked to surrender and are being given that chance. Any bombing is likely restricted to the Gaddafi loyalists closer to the front along the road. Over Sirte, Libyan State TV has said NATO has been dropping leaflets, not bombs. Missed that bit, didn't you?

We are talking about bombs, not leaflets.

See, this is what I have been saying all along. You lot cherry pick any random article than vaguely backs up your position, but ignore anything that doesn't.

I don't see what you mean.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   

That's odd, I thought the militia was controlled by NATO, meaning NATO is actually doing the advancing, or do you think the militias weren't lead to Tripoli by NATO special ops? Maybe I read those reports incorrectly, and maybe I read the reports which suggested that NATO commanders lead the militias from the early days of this conflict, or maybe the reports that NATO secret services were operating in Libya, organizing militias way before any unrest, or the reports of Haftari militia being created, funded, and harbored by US/CIA since 1990s for the soul purpose of cause a regime change.

So often we read "I read reports", "I heard that.."Everybody knows this to be true.."..

But where are these reports you are fond of reading and quoting? More unsourced blogs?

NATO isn't leading the militia. There is co-operation between the two, but NATO isn't leading them. Their own Commanders can barely lead them for crying out loud, they're hardly a well organised force. Had they been trained by the CIA or NATO, they'd have a much better C&C structure, be better armed, have better gear and wouldn't be the collection of Doctors, Dentists and Lawyers they are.

From where I'm standing, it looks like NATO is running the show, the militias work for NATO, take commands from NATO, enter cities and towns after NATO bombings... Do you see what I mean, or is it too hard to comprehend?

Then you need to get a better view.

The rebels lead the show and when they need a tank removing, they get on the Sat phone to the NATO batcave and a 1,000lb is dropped within 45 mins, or your money back.

I think it is you who has the comprehension problem, to be honest. It is known there are NATO observers working alongside the rebels, but they are not leading them and couldn;t if they wanted to. You're actually doing the Libyan people a disservice by claiming that they couldn't possibly have organised this on their own and it is arrogant to assume they needed NATO to lead them.

No, I said turn on the TV, what do you see? Al-Jazeera, BBC, MSNBC, FOX News, VOA... All one sided propaganda, even PressTV. As I said before, they have been consistently trying to silence the other side, why? Regarding the Arab League, I don't think Arab League has any say in this. Arab League asking NATO to attack Libya is like NATO asking NATO to attack Libya. The Arab Leadership is comprised of mostly puppets.

So even the anti-west, Iranian state TV service is in on the act now along with the Arabs and perpetuating the Western propoganda? Do you not see the foolishness of perpetuating this nonsense?

You're basically saying that factions on this earth that usually go out of their way to make each other look "evil" are now suddenly singing from the same hymn sheet!

Nope, I didn't miss that, but you missed my point by a mile, I said they consistently try to silent the other side, from bombings, to even hacking. I think it has something to do with "controlling the flow of information". Why do you think they want to control the flow of information?

Have they really tried to silence the other side? Because I have seen plenty of the "other" side having their say. They even give the Libyan State TV air time on Western media. If they really wanted to silence them, they wouldn't even carry the stories from the Gaddafi side, but they do. Your arguments do not hold up to even the simplest of logical examinations.

Nope, it went down when NATO militia and special ops entered Tripoli, abducting anything that resembled a Jamahariya supporter, including reporters, movie actors, black migrant workers, black Libyans... Early estimates suggests at least 50,000 civilians have been abducted only in Tripoli.

I don't suppose there is a source for this at all? Or is it another of these "estimates" you saw on a "report" that somehow has managed to avoid being seen by anyone else.

We are talking about bombs, not leaflets.

Nice attempt at deflection, but my statement was in reply to your claim that NATO was bombing Sirte. They aren't, otherwise the Gaddafi crowd would be playing it up and claiming civilian deaths. The only news of NATO aircraft over Sirte is dropping leaflets and this is from the Gaddafi controlled media.

I don't see what you mean.

Of course you don't.

top topics

join