It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humans don't belong on earth?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by RadeonGFXRHumanGTXisAlien

Mother nature does want us dead, that I agree with. People who say the Earth is fine-tuned for life are absolutely out of their minds and then there are those who go one step further to say the Earth was fine-tuned (by God of course) specifically for human life. Which explains all the diseases, deformities, disorders, poisonous animals, the fact that only a sliver or terrain is actually inhabitable (at least without technology to alter said terrain and make it liveable) hurricanes, quakes, etc. Yeah, real fine-tuned

As for your other points, not so much, other animals have disease and deformity too, it's not just humans. Human life is related to all other life on this planet by clear lines of evolution, our bigger brain allows us to adapt and survive and thus we don't really need all the other major defenses and super-keen senses that other animals have. Also human beings are very social animals, we thrive in groups and rely on others of the group to survive, in a way we evolved to be social in order to avoid natural selection and we evolved empathy so that even members of the group which might be left to die amongst other animals are cared for amongst humans (not that other animals don't have their own brand of empathy, they do of course). I don't mean to suggest evolution intended it this way either as obvious said process doesn't have any intentions, merely that having empathy and being social animals aids our survival and things that aid our survival aid our ability to pass on those traits.

edit on 4-9-2011 by Titen-Sxull because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-9-2011 by Titen-Sxull because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   

humans are the earth.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by RadeonGFXRHumanGTXisAlien
Think about it.
Cats, dog etc, have fur, feathers, scales etc to protect them from their natural enviroment, they dont need to live in houses, they are born perfect without dissabilities, due to evolution and the survival of the fittest.
Hell horses on their first day they are born, they are running around, not that i like horses, just pointing it out.

edit on 3-9-2011 by RadeonGFXRHumanGTXisAlien because: (no reason given)

- Humans are born helpless because our brains would not fit through the birth canal if the gestation period was any longer. From an evolutionary perspective, the advantages of a bigger brain as an adult must outweigh the disadvantages of a helpless baby stage. Smaller brained animals can gestate longer and therefore be born with more self-sufficiency. We're at the top of the food chain so I wouldn't sell our abilities down the river so quickly.

- Many of the animals you reference do not have color vision. - Advantage
- I would be interested in seeing a dog climb a tree without thumbs. - Advantage
- The ability to climb gives us access to new food sources and provides a haven from ground-based predators.
- Our bipedal walk allows us to see over obstacles like tall grasses to spot predators or animals to hunt.
- We are immune or resistant to numerous bacteria and viruses that could easily be deadly to someone with no exposure to our planet's microorganisms.

edit on 4-9-2011 by andrewh7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

It is not by the principals of humanity that man lives or is able to preserve himself above the animal world. The natural systems we hold so dear are doomed with or without us, and the save a whale attitude most hold is suicidal. It is only by mastering and controlling these natural systems that humankind will endure. The Earth should be used for the single purpose of supporting human life, and population of a trillion should be our goal. Only this forcing will push us to the stars and require that we completely master our eco system. Envision a planet wide city and the technology and resources required to achieve this goal.

The Earth is a single point failure for humankind and unless we lose the save a whale attitude we will not survive. Necessity is the mother of all invention, and struggle is the father of all things. If we follow the save a whale logic and keep the human population low then we will be actively repressing our full potential and maybe even dooming ourselves to extinction.

Try as we might the notion of humans hurting planet Earth is entirely fictional. Consider that 98% of all species that have ever existed are now extinct, and consider why. There are countless events in Earth’s history that make the entire history of human impact seem trivial.

Mother nature loves man because it is man that may carry the torch of life to other worlds.

edit on 4-9-2011 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
your right we dont fit in with them

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Actually dolphins, a mammal, will die if they fall asleep as well. A dolphin has to consciously make the decision to take a breath. If they ever fall asleep, or get knocked unconscious they will die. They only lightly doze for a few min, then wake, take a breath, and doze off again.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Hmm, humans have innovative intelligence, can adapt to any environment and we live much longer, ok dogs live 15+ years and learn quicker but die faster humans take more to learn but live much longer and we take in a lot more then animals. We learn how to talk, cook, read, etc. I could be wrong but doing more tasks takes more energy and time, again could be wrong!

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Yes but those are cats and dogs who are bred.
Those animals were bred, they're not wild, im talking about wild animals, when i say cat, i mean the wild cat, the cat family excluding domesticated cats, and when i say dogs, i mean wolves, hyenas etc, not domesticated dogs.

If you take any animal that doesn't run on pure instincts out of its natural environment, feed it, and make it unnecessary for it to learn to survive in its natural environment it of course won't be able to. Much like we humans have done to ourselves. Lucky for us and our over-sized brains, if we had to RETURN to the wild we could easily adapt and make due. Well, maybe not easily but still make due. To be anal hyenas are not dogs. They are a very weird type of animal.

Most, animals can see well at night,...

A lot of animals sleep at night. They don't need night vision, so they don't have great night vision nor advanced alternative senses for the night. We are one of them. There are animals that live in zero light and they evolved to not even have eyes, and yes, they use different senses to explore their world. Humans may very well be in the lower end of night vision sophistication, but we are designed for the day time.

Birds build their nests with whats around them,

Which is how early humans made shelters. All you need to make a shelter is sticks and leaves really. If you want to step it up you can use animal hides for good rain proof ceilings. To step it up even further you can use logs. Beavers do this. Concrete, bricks, and metals only began to be used after we discovered them, and we didn't discover them until relatively recent times.

People CAN live outside...BUT WITH GUNS, humans can't hunt WITHOUT, guns, so it's not living in the wild, it's once again adapting nature to fit with us.

No, I'm sorry but we haven't always had guns. Again this is a recent invention of ours. In fact its far more recent then concrete. If you look past guns there were bows and arrows. Of course you don't think this planet can produce animals that use tools on its own, so that still isn't wild. Spears? no? Rocks? ok.....While for us now it would be next to impossible without limited use of guns or other weapons until we don't need them, we could very well train ourselves to ambush and attack animals that we can over power. We could also just live a vegetarian diet until we managed to capture one. For protection it would generally be harder to not use any tools, but still possible to survive as a species. Where I live that would be no problem, as there aren't many predators that would dare attack us just because we are so much larger. By the way, there are other animals that use tools.

Ok so SOME animals, are born "weak" but they become stronger much quicker than a human, it takes them less than a year to become predators, it takes most, word of the day here people, most...not all..but most humans many years of religious indoctrination and false education, to become predators

Yes, and they have a far shorter lifespan then we do. If you go by percentage of life I'd say its about even. I don't understand what you mean by it take years of religious indoctrination (again recent invention) and false education for us to become predators, as we, being omnivores, are naturally meat eaters. If that crap is just another way of saying we learn from parents and others around us, then I get you, but all mammals do this.

Animals are born in perfect balance with the ecosystem, go out on a safari or look in the wild, there are barely any with disabilities, and the ones who do have them, have them due to humans interfering and giving them those disabilities.

Maybe i just don't understand what you mean by disabilities. Are you talking about genetic deformities, mental problems, or what? What does that have to do with being in balance with the ecosystem? In actuality perfectly balanced ecosystems are impossible. Its an every day struggle. In Africa its a war zone. This in fact limits "disabilities". The more hostile the environment the thinner the herd will be trimmed. Whereas, we take care of our disabled, animals in the wild lack the time, resources, and intelligence to do so. Therefor our disabled have a better chance of passing on their traits. Though it is a rarity things like albinos may pop up. That certainly is a disability considering the animals normal color is camouflaged specifically to its environment. There are other thins I'm sure, but yes, I agree less then humans as our unenviable traits are passed on more.

We may have been designed for this planet, or have come from another.

Yes I know that's what you believe. .... Okay, if this planet were to make a species that was as intelligent as us, or the aliens that made us, how would that species live, and what would be some of its trait

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by juveous
Even though the OP has been ripped apart, this is still an interesting thread.

It's really an argument on Evolution.

Bipedal walking and running are efficient modes of locomotion. People can cover greater distances over time than any other animal. Walking enabled our ancestors to travel into unexplored territory, which in turn led them into new and often dangerous situations.

With the freeing of the front limbs, the hind limbs had to adapt to bearing the entire weight of the body. The human back was not originally “designed” to support upright posture (which partially explains why back pains are a common complaint). To support the additional weight, the human pelvis grew thicker than that of the great apes. As a result, the thickened pelvis made the female’s birth canal, the opening through which infants are born, much smaller. While the birth canal was becoming smaller, however, the fetus’s brain and head were growing larger. If there had been no evolutionary correction for this new disadvantage, the human species would have eventually died out because of inefficient childbirth. The evolutionary solution was to have human babies born very early in their development.
www.humanjourney.us...

Ok, this is exactly why I don't think evolution explains everything.

They talk about the human pelvis growing thicker for back support. They are really saying they think over thousands of years, there were mutations which just happen to thicken the human pelvis and due to natural selection, this trait eventually appeared in all humans.

So why didn't the back just develop into something which would allow for standing? You think developing this trait, instead of the thicker pelvis, would be something beneficial for survival. Why the evolutionary "correction" of babies being born early instead of the "correction" being a stronger back?

I also hear about fur and fangs being discarded - which doesn't make any sense. Even a smart animal could use claws, fangs and fur. Humans might be smart enough to obtain it from other sources but that doesn't mean we didn't need it. Under evolution, a characteristic had to make it less likely to survive for it to die out. I don't see how these things would have made survival less likely.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daughter2

Under evolution, a characteristic had to make it less likely to survive for it to die out. I don't see how these things would have made survival less likely.

No, it just has to be less attractive. In the real world you are the current state of being of a life form that was first born eons ago. With each generation this life form gains knowledge and experience which is passed on to the next generation, and so it goes for millennium. If it makes you feel better this inherent knowledge or intelligence is god like and is well beyond current human understanding. I would say in this regard that God is in everything that lives or has lived.

Who, are you to say how God made man? Following this genre I only know what God has allowed me to know friend. Should I really deny the world or word I see before me for a dogma written thousands of years ago by ignorant sheep herders? What would God really want from me here?

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Great post daughter2....but watch people will only reply to you in the confines of their confirmation bias, most likely outright ignore your post, and then proceed to spout the evolution agenda.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I am just going to say. We use to hunt with sticks and rocks. Not guns. Don't look at modern times and say we do not belong. Instead of building "nests" or bird houses like mice and birds do we lived in caves. We did not build them we found them and moved in. We walked and migrated with the food source. Stop looking at now and look at our past it is pretty easy to see evolution.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Did you read my post? I think I mentioned God at least 5 times.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
But what if we didn't evolve?
Caveman used sticks and stones, what if we don't come from them?

We may share some of their DNA, but thats due to genetic engineering, we have the the creators DNA, and the DNA of earths native inhabitants.
Our people, our human people started with the Sumerian's, and they used bows and arrows to fight, they used weapons against the beasts on this planet.

And cats have been domesticated for a long time, all the way back since ancient egypt, the domestic cat, was also engineered for us, they're our companions.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Donkey_Dean

Did you read my post? I think I mentioned God at least 7 times.

There's no such thing as god, religion is there to distract you from the truth.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Like I said, I only purport to know that which is clear to see. I seek a middle ground and do not deny the possibility of intelligent design.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I like your analysis of human children. Although the whole 18 years thing is a bit off, my 5 year old daughter could probably physically survive in the wild given the proper training by a wild version of myself.

When you look at new born or even a 2 year old child, the don't look remotely like animals. My kids where all most at home in the water. Certainly don't behave like primates.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Donkey_Dean

Like I said, I only purport to know that which is clear to see. I seek a middle ground and do not deny the possibility of intelligent design.

I believe in intelligent design as well.
But not a god, it was a team/group of people/annunaki who designed the human race in their image, whilst mixing their DNA, and the DNA of the original inhabitants of this planet, to make us.

Think about it, humans are disabled, we're dumb, we're smart, we're kind or hateful, this is due to gene splicing, these are all errors that happened during the engineering of humans, but the annunaki didn't care about us, so when a mistake was made, it wasn't corrected, the only things that have helped us are great humans who helped everyone, with their knowledge and skills.

Like me, my meniscus in my left knee was torn i couldn't even walk when it was torn, i thankfully can now, if this was way back when i would be dead, since my genes wouldn't have been strong enough to continue the lineage, a few years later, it was my turn on the medical list, and it was re-attached, it was no god who did it, it was man who helped me, religion has never helped anyone but to confuse people, and evolution too is pretty much a religion, it's the religion that is entwined with atheism.
Which is equally is guilty of promoting nonsense like christianity.

Anyways, the Annunaki or the Creators, they then invented religion to keep us distracted from the truth, we are their slaves, look around you, your in a prison, a prison you can't feel, touch, taste or smell, and how do you escape it?
Can you even escape it?

But here's the thing, everyone makes mistake, i've read that when we were being engineered that, the creators purposely, made it so we weren't too dumb, but not too smart, but if that were the case, why do they kill us by putting poison in the water, food and air?
Does it mean the creators made a mistake?
And that we ARE indeed smart, but are they sabotaging us from achieving intellect?
Did they accidently leave unlocked intelligence within us?
Intelligence that can be unlocked?

Google "Racetams" it will tell you the answer, i believe the creators did accidently make us too smart, either that or we still possess the ability to think as fast and efficient as they do, it's just that they are locked, and need to be unlocked.
edit on 4-9-2011 by RadeonGFXRHumanGTXisAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   

But what if we didn't evolve?
Caveman used sticks and stones, what if we don't come from them?

We may share some of their DNA, but thats due to genetic engineering, we have the the creators DNA, and the DNA of earths native inhabitants.
Our people, our human people started with the Sumerian's, and they used bows and arrows to fight, they used weapons against the beasts on this planet.

And cats have been domesticated for a long time, all the way back since ancient egypt, the domestic cat, was also engineered for us, they're our companions.

Okay, we didn't evolve, but fossil evidence says "cavemen", not the neanderthal variety, were in fact human. We not only share some of their DNA, but all of it that doesn't change between individuals. If you put sticks and stones together in certain ways you can get bows and arrows, spears, and a variety of weapons. What is a mystery is why we took so long to progress from a simple sharpened stone, which was the only technology we used for a very long time, to the bows and arrows and such.
What of, say the native americans? They migrated to the Americas long before the Sumerians became a civilization. They then were completely isolated for thousands of years. Do you mean that men were genetically engineered in the time of the Sumerians all around the world? Do you think all of it is just a lie? Do you have any evidence of this besides that you think we don't fit, because we have advanced technology that makes an illusionary boundary between us and nature?
What if these alien genetic scientists spliced different species from earth and didn't use any of their own DNA?

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
That's silly, take a human away from Earth and what happens? I would say we are very dependent on said planet, therefore I don't see how we couldn't belong. Sure we may abuse her, but that's hardly the majority I'd say.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join