It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11 colouring book sparks outrage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Not sure if this should go in BAN, but I found it quite disturbing. Disturbing indeed.
Been browing my fave global news sites, and this was the "Entertainment" headline on Sydney's Morning Herald
www.smh.com.au...

The 36-page book, We Shall Never Forget 9/11 - The Kids' Book of Freedom, depicts scenes from the attacks on the World Trade Centre.

One page portrays the recent killing of Osama Bin Laden, showing the al-Qaeda leader cowering behind a veiled woman as a US soldier pulls the trigger.

"Children, the truth is, these terrorist acts were done by freedom-hating radical Islamic Muslim extremists," reads the accompanying text.
"These crazy people hate the American way of life because we are FREE and our society is FREE."

Oh. My. God.
It's bad enough, in my opinion, that children are now exposed to the world's nastiest and most gruesome "news". When I think back to my childhood which took place in the Vietnam War era I am reminded how little I knew about what was going on. There were riots and much unrest, yes, but I was a kid, a preteen. Was it my parents' doing that I was so naive and unaware? I don't know. But I thank them for it in a way.

There are some things that small children just aren't capable of processing. I think the idea of a "coloring book" about the tragic and disastrous events of 10 years ago has NO PLACE in a child's play kit. This is blatant hate-training and will absolutely cause psychological hardwiring that some of those kids may never be able to overcome.

It's disgraceful. Imagine a coloring book about Racism from the first half of last century. Or one about the abduction of little kids to become geurilla fighters. Or one about American troops rampaging through civilian homes in foreign countries. Or the IRA. Or, well, you name it.

This is absolutely disgusting to me. I pray to any parent reading this to refrain from such negative indoctrination with your children, and to protest any other parents you know sharing this with their kids.

Uggghhh.
Here's what the author's POV is:

But author Wayne Bell claimed he had sold out of the first print run of 10,000 copies and that there was nothing offensive about the book.

"This is history. It's absolutely factual," he said on CNN.

"This book is not portraying any group of people. We're talking about the 19 hijackers who came over here and murdered thousands of people."

Read more: www.smh.com.au...

Read more: www.smh.com.au...

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments, queries or concerns to the ongoing discussion.

Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

new topics

join