It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nibiru: The Movie !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Looks like the film industry is tuning into these theories.

Lars Von Trier is far from the Hollywood-norm, the Danish filmmaker played a key part in the collective that brought us the highly low-tech film-making approach called Dogma (no lighting etc.).

Trier is a very respected artist/filmmaker who has won many times at the Cannes Film Festival. He hit the headlines this year when presiding over Cannes he made remarks about Nazis.

Due for release shortly his new movie, Melancholia is about a planet that slowly collides with Earth. The planet's name is 'Melancholia'. Interestingly, folk in the movie appear to have been told that the planet will pass by, but of course this turns out to be a lie, or an error.

This film will certainly make Nibiru a topic of general coverstaion for the brief period it is released, at least among the art film lovers and possibly in the MSM.

Does the guy know something we don't, or is he just a conspiracy fan?

Here's the trailer - the film does look stunning:

movies.yahoo.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

www.imdb.com...

FYI:

www.bbc.co.uk...

Then again, this isn't a new idea to cinema. In 1951 there was of course the Hollywood epic When Worlds Collide:

www.imdb.com...

Which is slated for a remake soon:

www.imdb.com...

I wonder if they'll also call there rogue planet something other than Nibiru...?

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   
looks real interesting...will look forward to seeing this

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
It's been mentioned here several times already, this other one too.

www.foxsearchlight.com...

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
hello

this movie is just beautiful... nothing more nothing less... just beautiful.

it deals more with our sensitivity and the approach we face our own extinction.
what would we do, our choice would have the same importance ? the planet melancholia is only a pretext for shown that we humans when we have to face our end, we realize our mistakes.

I encourage you to go watch this film, intelligent and well directed, and the actor are very good.

edit on 3-9-2011 by pitchdragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by McGinty

I for one am always interested in seeing another side/possibility of this saga. Looking forward to it at the end of the month! Thnx for posting, I hadn't heard of it prior.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Well if the Niburu story is true,we will all be gone long before any of the films even get made!
edit on 3-9-2011 by paperface because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by paperface
Well if the Niburu story is true,we will all be gone long before any of the films even get made!

Well, supposedly according to the unofficial/official reports, Nibiru is about 8AU away from the sun and at least a year out. It is supposed to be following on the same path as Elenin, which is almost here now. There's going to be a bunch of movies. How about "Big Mama Confronts Nibiru", or "Godzilla vrs Nibiru". Also music videos could include Nibiru.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourmamaknows

Well, supposedly according to the unofficial/official reports, Nibiru is about 8AU away from the sun and at least a year out. It is supposed to be following on the same path as Elenin, which is almost here now. There's going to be a bunch of movies. How about "Big Mama Confronts Nibiru", or "Godzilla vrs Nibiru". Also music videos could include Nibiru.

Oh goody...I can hardly wait.
I thought Nibiru was supposed to be RIGHT behind Elenin, not another year out. So we'll be hearing about phantom invisible planet sightings and watching movies to scare everyone for a year? Oh, when will they invent a hibernation chamber? I need about 18 months.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Maybe an off Broadway musical about Nibiru. Or a James Bond movie.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourmamaknows

Well, supposedly according to the unofficial/official reports,

I would like to see these official reports please, any links?

Also the movie looks a bit dull, a slow burner love story. Shame because it has potential.
edit on 3-9-2011 by pazcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Thanks for pointing that out

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by McGinty

I find it interesting that the movie is called 'Melancholia', the word meaning 'a mental state characterised by dejection and misery' what with a recorded increase in depression now established in teenagers and even children younger than that. Again, we are having a movie based on events some believe will occur at the back end of 2012...obviously we don't have all that long to see if they will check out, and if they don't we can rule them out...unless of course we then decide to allow further 'extra time' for them to fulfill.

So for now, at least, the movie adds to a Collective Unconscious projection of the state of play on earth right now - a tangible and recorded one......negative pychological states on the increase. That in itself is worrrying..and depressing.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourmamaknows "Big Mama Confronts Nibiru"

It's gonna take a lot more latex to make Martin Lawrence look like Nibiru

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by pitchdragon the planet melancholia is only a pretext for shown that we humans when we have to face our end, we realize our mistakes.

Nice post. Maybe Nibiru itself (if it exists) is also a pretext of sorts - a meta-physical body, as well as a physical one. After all there's far more to there's likely far more to the universe than we can possibly concieve and a planet that move this way may well be on a rogue trajectory, or may be propelled under it's own power somehow, even sentient in its own rich. Or, as a pretext, part of a plan to evoke our evolution via its breaking of what we perceive as the rules of physics....

Then again it could be a giant clutter of space rubbish that a previous terrestial civilisation put into space when they'd no more space for land fill !

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by etidorpha

I'm sure you've gauged Trier's intention very well there.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by McGinty

sure brother,

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by McGinty

I am optimistic by nature, but actualy I can not find an interest in the thing we do every day
it is a very real profound challenge... how to live in this world when you think it's masquerade
the film has opened a new perspective on my vision of the world, finally I do not understand why we are here to defend our ideas to argue and find a solution to make this world better,for me the silence has become the only option.

I ask why you come here and post images and ideas?

... Matrix is a metaphor become reality, today there are two worlds in a single entity ... those who want live in this reality and others the survivor.... this movie is a reflection of this state of mind.

edit on 3-9-2011 by pitchdragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I for one will most likely rent it when it comes out. That is if we are still here?

new topics

top topics

join