It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Americans Die From Intestinal Illnesses Than From Terrorism

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Regarding the topic...maybe if we spent more money on medical science than wars we wouldn't die from such illnesses.

OH WAIT... I forgot TPTB don't want America healthy because it's not profitable... Forget I said anything...

Cheers

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by awareness10
reply to post by Terrion

I'm not surprised, people are overweight, they have parasites, cancer,diabetes the list
goes on and on. Look at the way people eat? If you tried to run your car on #e,
chances are it wouldn't run very well, if at all. Most likely the latter.. yet The American
diet consists of Plastic Food, food grown in #e, literally.. and MonsterSanto Genetically
altered Crap, so what do you people reading this now figgure the reason would be for all
these foreign problems the human body didnt have in the not so distant past? It was back
then, due to uncleanliness, these days people use soap and clean water, so why do we
still grown our food in human feces? And yes, they really do that, not just animals, which
are far more sanitary due to their DIET. Think before you put that burger into your chops.

edit on 3-9-2011 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

Fertilizer is used in soil to help the growth of vegetables and fruits. Burgers are not grown.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet
Unless you fill a really large bathtub with people to drown them for a "cause", or maybe you infect the food of several thousand people with an infectious pathogen, I really don't think these statistics mean anything.

These people killed US citizens for a reason, the deaths you quoted are mostly random, its like comparing "Apples to Oranges".
edit on 3-9-2011 by mileysubet because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-9-2011 by mileysubet because: (no reason given)

Not for nothing, but no it's not (apples and oranges). However, if they were -- they are both still fruit (the commonality in reality is death.) We could invent technologies that make it impossible to drown in a tub or make it illegal to stand and shower, and jail people that disobey (the former is the correct approach, the latter is just wrong.) I'm pretty sure people die in the shower for a reason... It's called lack of friction, which can be avoided a lot more easily than terrorism... however, we do nothing about it?

So... essentially what you are saying is, all people who die under causes that lack an aggressor... we don't care about them. Who cares that they died in a way that was otherwise avoidable and easier to fix?

I.E.

Fix people dying from slipping in the bathtub to intestinal tract problems... save MORE lives than the war on terror.

However, you propose that since some one kills one person for a "reason" that he created in his head -- it's more important? How? People are people, we fight, we kill... we always have, and we do less of it now than ever before... You can't stop every person from killing people, not without increasing the standard of living for everyone and abolishing mental disease...

Then there is the problem of purging ideas and philosophy... How does one do that, but maintain the ability to be free?

The point that I'm trying to make is that death by slipping in the bath tub, automobile accident, or disease happens MUCH more often than terror attacks and have claimed an uncountable amount MORE lives than terrorism ever has...

Yet, we spend MORE money on the pursuit of terrorists than improving the standard of living... which has a nice side effect of curbing terrorism by default.

This argument (Terrorism is worse) is one of vengeance, one of illogical passion, and one of ignorance. Nothing more, nothing less... Every life is valuable and ever loss is mourned regardless of the reason, the more common reasons should be eliminated FIRST, since the end goal is to save lives, you save more going by this structure.

Grow up.

P.S.

Furthermore, cause of death by terrorist is just as much random and "accidental" as slipping in the tub. You create the conditions for an issue to exist and it's going to exist 100% of the time. The root causes for terrorism are mental deficiency, faith in religion, low standards of living, and different ideological beliefs (Also a form of faith.)

People are a product of their experiences and don't often choose which experiences they will have. I didn't choose to be born in NY city, I was. I didn't choose to go to a catholic school, but I did... for 8 years. In a sense, I didn't choose my beliefs, they chose me... I'm an atheist... how did that happen? By chance. My brain happens to be configured in a way that leads me to see through the veil of fantasy... or at least, what I perceive to be fantasy. Again, not a choice... a product of sheer randomness.

Just something to consider.
edit on 3-9-2011 by Laokin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
According to the FBI around 60 people(Americans) die a year from terrorism when hundreds of thousands die from heart related issues. There doesn't need to be an angry person shouting "Allah" to say if a person's death has meaning or not. When you look at how much funding the government gives to heart related research compared to national defense, you realize we live in a mad world. And the diseases that actually ARE treatable like cancer have horrible side effects and don't always work. Imagine if we put all of our passion into things that actually matter instead of some crap dead-end job. We live in the matrix and tptb are the machines. They feed off us. Off of our fear and dependence. The fear agenda is at full swing while the things that matter, child slavery, disease breakouts, deforestation, resource shortage and many other things are being ignored. Wake up.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
"More Americans Die From Intestinal Illnesses Than From Terrorism"

What a stupid analogy. Terroism and people getting ill are too different topics. Anything for a strory. In fact, more people die by gun crime, they both may involve guns but they are two different things.

The lengths spome people will go to to try and sound half intelligent.

Fact is that terrorism exists. If you don't think so, then you are a fool.

Regards

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

I think the argument was that terrorism gets WAY more attention then bigger problems. I don't think anyone was denying terrorism's existence in fact it has been stimulated since 9/11. But it's shocking to see the contrast between funding for home defense compared to research for these illnesses that cause far more death.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Terrion

Its all fear mongering. Fear of the "black eyed turbaned man" we have all heard about. In my opinion its an effort to keep people in fear. Fear is Control.

Give a group of ten men a box. Three will fear opening it. Three will claim opening it will save the world, fearing the consequences of not opening it. Four will forget about the box and be afraid of the conflict between the two dissenting parties.

“Exaggerating, manipulating and exploiting the Terrorist threat for profit and power,” and how 10 years after 9/11, despite limitless fearmongering, terrorists pose no more threat to Americans than drowning in a bathtub."

Dying in a car accident poses a greater risk than being struck by lighting. Thus, I enjoy taking showers and out-door pole-dancing during thunderstorms.

You catch my drift, sparky?

I'm curious of everyone's opinion on the matter.

America has a quite aggressive and active anti-terrorism program. The same cannot be said for much of Europe (though their situation is also greatly complicated by their geography) - where rates of terrorism are substantially higher.

It's difficult to tell if what we are doing is having much of an impact as a deterrent. It's like trying to figure out how many people are actually kept out of your house by your walls/doors. Obviously - people can't walk right through them - but they can find means of defeating them. But what if they weren't there... would you have any more people trying to gain access to your living spaces?

Let's say you decide your walls are doing a good job. What about hiring guards to man posts around your house 24/7? They would prevent any plausible attempt at theft (unless you have something worth hiring a private army to break into your house). But is it really necessary, especially when timed lighting, alarms, signs, and locks are available for much less cost? How about hiring people to patrol entire neighborhoods, splitting the cost up amongst neighbors?

National defense is much the same way. Basic airport security act like walls - only people with clear intent to bypass them are going to take the effort. So, are backscatter machines really necessary? Why not simply have people on airplanes to deal with troublemakers?

Gauging the effect of foreign action and policy is a little more difficult. Are our efforts in Afghanistan really helping to reduce terror rates on our home soil? Enough to be cost-effective by comparison to the value of objectives in Afghanistan?

Humans tend to operate on fear-biased logic. It is a concept born of self-preservation. Fear is a natural born instinct with the goal of preserving one's own life and well-being.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Terrion

Its all fear mongering. Fear of the "black eyed turbaned man" we have all heard about. In my opinion its an effort to keep people in fear. Fear is Control.

I disagree.

It's not fear mongering. Why would American's not recognize the anniversary of the largest terror attack to take place on US soil (regardless of who you believe was behind that attack)? People recognize anniversaries, good or bad. On the anniversary of the attack on Pearl Harbor people will recognize that. On the anniversary which marks the start of the relationship between my girlfriend and me, I am going to do something to recognize that. That's what people do.

Unfortunately, this means that the anniversary of 9/11 would be good day for terrorist to attack. The point of a terror attack is to cause terror and send a message. What better date would there be to do that than the date American's are recognizing the last terror attack.

Also (in reply to other posters), I appreciate all of the concern over what American's eat but the article briefly mentions intestinal illness. It's just a comparison which could be switched out with any "harmless sounding" illness that causes more deaths per year than terrorism (if you hand pick the statistics). Infowars picked intestinal illness to make the threat of terrorism seem minimal.

If anything, this is more of an attempt by infowars to take a swipe at the government/media than the government/media spreading fear mongering.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Styki

Regardless MANY more things than just intestinal issues kill more than terrorism does. Starvation for example. Preventable.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Se7enex

That's true, but it's hard to measure the potential threat of terrorism. If we were to do nothing about the threat of terror, how many would die then?

Beyond that, we have programs which address hunger problems. We are researching ways to fight sickness. We have traffic laws to reduce the amount of accidents. We may not be able to completely solve these issues, but we are making progress.

We can't just ignore the treat of terrorism. It's possible that some policies that have been put into place to address the threat of terrorism are over the top. In that case we may have to adjust a few things, but the threat of terrorism needs to be addressed.
edit on 4-9-2011 by Styki because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Your preaching to the choir.

I have to say this. I used to support ron paul and alex jones. For 2 years I listened to his 4hr show every day and over time ended up finding allot of contradictions. Any ways, just look around and ask questions about him. Keep a open mind when it comes to these 2 characters. Ron Paul would not be in the position he is in if it was not apart of the plan nor Alex. study the whole alex jones clan and ask a bunch of questions. Like how Jesse ventura got a show on trueTV witch is owned by time Warner cable, thats right the company with the all seeing eye for the logo. The tv show is like any other fear tv show, scary music, a deep voice and crappy acting.

Have you seen the movie running man? Its a total new world order movie it has arnold schwarzenegger in it as well as Ventrua, kind of weird 2 politicians that are actors in the same movie.
www.youtube.com...

Caption freedom, to me it seems like predictive programing.

Their is allot of stuff on Alex that I could bring up, I will only give you one example and allow you to UNBIASLY research into it. Hears alex scaring the # out of his listeners by saying russia is invading the US.
www.youtube.com...

I have seen a clip of ron paul saying he does not think 9/11 is a inside job and I have seen clips of him saying it is a inside job. Alex Jones attacked debra madiena (blew it WAY out of proportion) for her agreeing with a talk show host so she can get votes and fix texas. Alex jones brought her up and made her look like a golden girl then all of sudon he brought her down and attacked her for agreeing with the talk show host. These are the same tactics the main stream media uses.
edit on 4-9-2011 by 8ILlBILl8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Styki

Unfortunately the real terrorists are the guys in suits, the guys that flatten entire towns and cities for oil. Our war has killed 300 times the people killed in 9/11. Terrorism is a threat but I don't think it's as big of a deal as some of the other things that get 1/100th or less funding than it.
edit on 5-9-2011 by Se7enex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Intestinal illness caused by stress that was caused by the fabricated war on terror?

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

The CIA is more scary then most people want to believe.
MKULTRA, the project that intentionally brainwashed hundreds. The wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. Makes me wonder if Saddam gave in to their demands if we would have actually invaded?
edit on 9-9-2011 by Se7enex because: addition

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by LargeFries

Originally posted by awareness10
reply to post by Terrion

I'm not surprised, people are overweight, they have parasites, cancer,diabetes the list
goes on and on. Look at the way people eat? If you tried to run your car on #e,
chances are it wouldn't run very well, if at all. Most likely the latter.. yet The American
diet consists of Plastic Food, food grown in #e, literally.. and MonsterSanto Genetically
altered Crap, so what do you people reading this now figgure the reason would be for all
these foreign problems the human body didnt have in the not so distant past? It was back
then, due to uncleanliness, these days people use soap and clean water, so why do we
still grown our food in human feces? And yes, they really do that, not just animals, which
are far more sanitary due to their DIET. Think before you put that burger into your chops.

edit on 3-9-2011 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

Fertilizer is used in soil to help the growth of vegetables and fruits. Burgers are not grown.

True.. Burgers are not grown however, vegetables and fruits and hell knows what else
are fed to animals, Pigs Cows etc. they eat this Monsanto garbage and then Humans
eat what they've just eaten.. Fertilizer is Crap taken from what they've 'pooped out' and
it all goes into the food supply, recycling i think they call it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join