It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Turkey navy to escort aid ships to Palestinians in Gaza

page: 8
55
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Leaving the sabre rattling and who invented what for one moment, would Israel be able to finance a long drawn out war with Turkey?

If the government has to take men and women out of work and into the armed forces, not only does the economy suffer but the cost of fighting a war today is prohibitive regardless of what one produces.

Would all the people in Israel support a war against Turkey, especially as the Turks are unlikely to invade. Also aren't some Israeli's wanting peace with the Palestinians. Perhaps the Israeli government might not be able to take all its people along on this particular war. No one wants to fight an outside enemy and worry about the support of the people on the inside.




posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally
reply to post by rigel4
 


Unless of course Jews control the world.


Anyone who believes that the ' Jews ' controls the world really need to have their heads examined .



posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
This thread started out great, but the usual suspects have completely derailed it from the actual topic to the same old story whenever someone brings up either Israel or Palestine.

Can we try keep this on topic, and avoid bringing your obvious bigotry and hatred onto an intelligent discussion ?

I've seen plenty of videos / news reports showing just how bad both sides can be. There will never be peace when both sides won't budge an inch and the value of life isn't considered.

Please, try keep this thread on topic. I'm so sick of reading through what I think will be a great thread, only to see it hijacked by the usual suspects who seem to pop up only when Israel/Palestine is mentioned.



posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lynda101
Leaving the sabre rattling and who invented what for one moment, would Israel be able to finance a long drawn out war with Turkey?

If the government has to take men and women out of work and into the armed forces, not only does the economy suffer but the cost of fighting a war today is prohibitive regardless of what one produces.

Would all the people in Israel support a war against Turkey, especially as the Turks are unlikely to invade. Also aren't some Israeli's wanting peace with the Palestinians. Perhaps the Israeli government might not be able to take all its people along on this particular war. No one wants to fight an outside enemy and worry about the support of the people on the inside.



Considering the US sends Israel $246~ Million a month, in foreign Military aid alone - I'm sure finances wouldn't be a problem. However, the Middle East is waiting for someone to take the first step in bringing down the oppressive Israeli government. If Turkey and Israel engage in combat, it's almost guaranteed Iran, Syria, Egypt, Lebanon, Jordan...ect, will all attack Israel.



posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp
Notice the West Bank, which is controlled by the Palestinian Authority as opposed to Hamas, is NOT blockaded.


Correct... and what is Israel doing there? Stealing more and more land from the Palestinians every day.

Maybe Israel should just stop the illegal land grabbing, even the US told them to do so and they ignored it.


I hope none of the involved parties will make a mistake or this will end in bloodshed.
edit on 3-9-2011 by ALF88 because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I could only wish more countries would see this unethical blockade and stand up to israel also. If it was any other country with oil, we'd be invading already.



posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Ryanssuperman
 


I wondered whether that aid would be compromised as Turkey is a member of NATO and would obviously lobby for that aid to stop by demanding America stop arming/financing a non NATO member country.

Also I suspect an ever increasing number of Americans are getting pretty fed up with that money dripping out of their economy. Were that aid stopped it would be hard for Obama to kick start it up again later. Israel has relied on that money for a long time and probably functions to that level of financial income. A loss of the size you mention could cripple her as she would be hard pressed to earn that sum whilst fighting a war.



posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Ryanssuperman
 





Example: Do you think it would be justifiable for the United States to bomb a building in Canada or Mexico, because they believe it is a threat to them?


Mexico and Canada are enormous. Its not exactly easy to shoot a rocket from Toronto to NYC; it has to travel thousands of miles.

Gaza (which is what youre probably talking about) is a few miles outside of many important Israeli cities; Ashdod, Ashkelon, Rehovot, Kiryat Gat etc.

Additionally, Hamas wants to DESTROY Israel, as its own charter says . Most countries dont have psychopathic enemies with stated goals such as:


"Israel will exist and will continue to exist until Islam will obliterate it, just as it obliterated others before it." (The Martyr, Imam Hassan al-Banna, of blessed memory).



"The Islamic Resistance Movement believes that the land of Palestine is an Islamic Waqf consecrated for future Muslim generations until Judgement Day. It, or any part of it, should not be squandered: it, or any part of it, should not be given up. "



"There is no solution for the Palestinian question except through Jihad. Initiatives, proposals and international conferences are all a waste of time and vain endeavors."



"After Palestine, the Zionists aspire to expand from the Nile to the Euphrates. When they will have digested the region they overtook, they will aspire to further expansion, and so on. Their plan is embodied in the "Protocols of the Elders of Zion", and their present conduct is the best proof of what we are saying."


With enemies as implaccable as this, the only rational response would be to carpet bomb the Gaza strip, and get rid of Hamas all together.



posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
If there were a war, it would be a short war.
But it would be devastating.
Like someone said a few posts back, the rest of the ME would also attack Israel.

Roll out the Sampson option.

The Sampson Option would also include Europe, Russia and others. If Israel is going down
then their taking the rest of us with them.

Now that's what I call very Godly of them.



posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally
 


You avoided my question my friend. I was actually not speaking of Gaza. I'm talking sovereign rights. One country attacking, or using any military action, in another country without any approval. Blatantly bombing targets in neighboring countries.

I just want to know your opinion. If you think that type of action is justified, if not at war.
edit on 3-9-2011 by Ryanssuperman because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Id like to know, how Israelis are going to get fresh water from now on. Its all about the water for them. If they had plans to get some from Turkey, they will not attack.



posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by nusnus
Id like to know, how Israelis are going to get fresh water from now on. Its all about the water for them. If they had plans to get some from Turkey, they will not attack.

Interesting post, where do they get their water from at the moment? I had no idea they had water problems.

May be God will provide for his chosen few.



posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo
 


Wait this is still going on since, like, a year ago?

K. I bet Turkey gets some order from someone to stop and they'll go away because they can't stand up to them.

As far as I care, the whole region is pathetic. A good couple of nukes wiping out the lot of them would proably make the world a better place.



posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.



posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally
 


Im sure these people didn't get out of bed one day and decided to be terrorist. They see the suffering everyday around them and had no other choice but to stand up and fight.
If i was living in that state of mind day in and day out and see no way out of the situation these oppressors put me under I bet your a** il launch me a rocket to0!!

We are well aware of the suffering your people went thru during the holocaust now your doing the same thing the nazi did to you to the Palestinians. Free Gaza from this Prison Camp or the whole world will turn on you.



posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Ryanssuperman
 


Not really. Also it's probably not T&C to call me a moron. But I will not call you one.

If I look at the history, I see a history of violence, and no matter what the time, only under the ruler ship of a foreign super power has the region known peace.

The only logical conclusion is that something about the environment is detrimental to human reason. And such a place, with everyone being guilty on both sides of not only supporting the death of one side or the other, but also voting for war hawks, the only solution is the complete and utter destruction of that area of Earth. A nice glassed temple mount



posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Ryanssuperman
 


It'd be nice to stop playing these games. What are you asking me to comment on? Is it justified for Israel to attack Irans nuclear facilities?

Why do you care what i think?


If you are certain that the enemy is preparing to destroy you, then i think its justified. Irans leader - Ahmadinejad - said he wants the zionist entity wiped off the map. What does that suggest to you??

Also. Consider this. Jewish esoteric writings like the Zohar - a 2000 year old composition *at latest* - predicts that at the end of days Paras - Persia - Iran will attack Israel.

Even if you ignore this little prophetic tidbit, its still disconcerting that Ahmadinejad has taken such a deep interest in opposing Israel, the zionist entity, and even hosts conferences for holocaust denial.

The comparisons between him and Adoplh Hitler in the 1930s isnt very different at all. Hitler, albeit used less religious rhetoric than Muslims do. But the hate is the same, or perhaps has a potential to be even greater.

Eschatological writings seem to have a relevance to the times were living in. Jewish esoteric writings predict a certain situation that just happens to exist today. Islamic writings also predict a period at the end of days where the Muslims will destroy and finish off the heretic Jews

“So that Jews will hide behind trees and the tree will say “Muslim! The servant of Allah! Come, look there is a Jew behind me, he hid here, behind me, come and punish him”. Only the tree Gharqad will not say, for it is the tree of the Jews.”...



posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by HAMO2011
 


Not Jewish.



posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Lynda101
 

This is interesting in light of the recent expulsion of Iraelis Ambassador Robert Berger and the subsequent cutting of military ties.
I wonder how much the U.S. is involved in this decision.Seems to me they are setting Israel up.



posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally
reply to post by Ryanssuperman
 


It'd be nice to stop playing these games. What are you asking me to comment on? Is it justified for Israel to attack Irans nuclear facilities?

Why do you care what i think?


If you are certain that the enemy is preparing to destroy you, then i think its justified. Irans leader - Ahmadinejad - said he wants the zionist entity wiped off the map. What does that suggest to you??

Also. Consider this. Jewish esoteric writings like the Zohar - a 2000 year old composition *at latest* - predicts that at the end of days Paras - Persia - Iran will attack Israel.

Even if you ignore this little prophetic tidbit, its still disconcerting that Ahmadinejad has taken such a deep interest in opposing Israel, the zionist entity, and even hosts conferences for holocaust denial.

The comparisons between him and Adoplh Hitler in the 1930s isnt very different at all. Hitler, albeit used less religious rhetoric than Muslims do. But the hate is the same, or perhaps has a potential to be even greater.

Eschatological writings seem to have a relevance to the times were living in. Jewish esoteric writings predict a certain situation that just happens to exist today. Islamic writings also predict a period at the end of days where the Muslims will destroy and finish off the heretic Jews

“So that Jews will hide behind trees and the tree will say “Muslim! The servant of Allah! Come, look there is a Jew behind me, he hid here, behind me, come and punish him”. Only the tree Gharqad will not say, for it is the tree of the Jews.”...



My point is that Israel has consistantly attacked bordering countries. Here are a few examples:

Israel bombs Syria Nuclear plant
Israel bombs Lebanon
Israeli forces enter Egyptian borders
Israel bombs Iraq nuclear plant
Israel threatens to attack Iran in fall of 2011

These are only a few of the actions Israel has taken on its neighbors, without declaring war. The Israeli government has a pompous attitude. They think they can go into any neighbouring country, claiming it is in defense of Israeli citizens, and blow up and kill whomever they want.

This is absolutely ridiculous. And you sit here, defending such a country. I didn't even list Gaza, because we all know that story. I'm talking separate COUNTRIES, with separate BORDERS and sovereign RIGHTS.

If Israel goes around bombing whomever they want, damn right the middle east is going to want them gone. Hell, the world wants them gone. Its all politics at this point. They are the aggressor here, and have been since 1948.
edit on 3-9-2011 by Ryanssuperman because: (no reason given)



new topics

top topics



 
55
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

log in

join