It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are some of your most profound realizations about life?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

Some of the ancient cultures and the Aborigines even today believe that reality is the dream and the dream state is reality. That's a mind bender!

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I think dreams is when your soul is in control of your brain telling it what you need or what u dont, i think we all come from that way to this life, a way in wich we are part of all the space, feeling everything thats is good and bad around.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

I hear you,

I had the same realisation, came mostly from buddhist teachings and meditation. It felt like a big change for me at first, but now I'm working on conditioning myself for it. We're still humans and societies pressure on the "right and wrong" question is still very present. The challenge is not that knowing there is no right or wrong, it's by reacting like so and by being able to fully appreciate the present moment, which I'm still having hard times with.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
That humanity is inherently insane, and we'll ultimately be the cause of our own demise.

..oh yeah, and LD is a hoot. Many bizarre, and enlightening experiences with em.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Whenever I have a profound realization, it seems to fade away unless I constantly keep reminding myself about it in the days to follow.

I have had the profound realization that all is one, all is love, and materialism is the root of all evil. I've had many others, but they all stem mostly from those.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
For me its got to be the realisation of one own mortality and death. When it suddenly clicks that one day you're gonna die is a bit of a bummer.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I came of age with the counterculture memes of hardcore feminism ("a woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle") and moral relativism (Richard Bach, and if it feels good do it, and, there is no good or evil, only what you -feel- about something) and I had a profound realization when I got older, that those are very diabolical destructive spiritual DECEPTIONS.

My best realization is, your own blood family is where you will find the fulfilling love you were seeking elsewhere.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I've been on the verge of death some years ago and today, if I'm alive with a radiant health, it's due to hand mudras (this thing nobody cares about) so one of my most profound realization is that the human body is an extraordinary machine that can entirely heal/regenerate itself, even in the most extreme conditions, with mudras.

edit on 3-9-2011 by D1ss1dent because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by EnigmaAgent

Or...the birth of a new existence!

When you were in the womb...all cozy..floating with a nice heartbeat music and food pumped in...didn't you like that? You probably thought that was a bummer when you came out in the harsh bright lights to a slap on the *ss! Well, death may be like that! But, once you make the transition, you will forget about the birth and be in wonderment!

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
That life cannot be described by language alone, because we are a result of it and concepts or thoughts are byproducts of life too. The maker described by the made, I don't think so.

Life is made to be experienced, passed through, lived! Like a traveler going through a road, there will be rain and danger, but there will also be joy and peace. The ultimate gift we have is the ability to choose our reaction to the events of our travel, to choose what will be our next card.

Life is also the ultimate Irony, as you are born alive but with your fate already sealed, you'll die. No wonder we human beings have a tendency to believe in "after" life, death seems inevitable from day 1.

Ending of brain fart... carry on..

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
One of the most important realizations I had about life, is that you do control your emotions. Obviously there are instances where this doesn't work, but most of the time you control how you choose to feel about something.

For example, when bad things start to happen, you can choose to be upset about them, or you can choose to keep your head held high and keep a steady mind and move on. Bad things will happen whether we get upset about them or not.

It took me a long time to realize this and I still don't practice it fully, but I noticed that when I do, it makes me feel a lot better about the situation when I choose not to immediately get upset and down.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
That it is not serious.

Unless you want it to be.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Thanks for so many insightful replies. I've been so busy with projects it's tough to make the time that I would like for the forum. The fact we exist, have intelligence and are capable of emotions is also profound and amazing. Despite the world's problems it's a miracle that we exist at all, something worthy of a little celebration from time to time!

I realize you are all amazing.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
meditation changed my life..

also reading the ancient mystery school texts from the hermetics, gnostics, alchemists, etc. amazing information!

i recently came to the conclusion that the "truth" is everywhere to be seen, even in the things I do not like, hate or dismiss. that we are all truly linked in ways we do not fully realize, good/bad, positive/negative, etc. are all human perspective and biases, they are just apart of this illusion. they have no meaning without us.

easy to understand on an intellectual basis, hard to live everyday...

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
True happiness comes forth out of suffering.

I haven't yet realised but at least I know!

The bible teaches life!

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I tink alot, yes me tinking right now too!! i do alot of tinking...like,, is i clean bum with same papper, me bum never clean, and when i do # very big i tink, oohh man what am i tinking? some time i confuse? when i tink alot i # meself in pants......shhhiii man i smell # right now

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Life i too short, so enjoy it while it lusts!

Namaste.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by blazenresearcher

Some of the ancient cultures and the Aborigines even today believe that reality is the dream and the dream state is reality. That's a mind bender!

I suppose it is a mind bender, but then when we are in dreams our view of this reality is often replaced with the reality that is the dream. That said, I'm not able to dismiss the idea that reality and dreams share relativity to one another.

Having had precognitive dreams in my life, I've seen first-hand how a dream can be a future event in reality, thus in respect to it's precognitive nature, reality but in dream form.

Amazing.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   

first off, it was odd seeing this thread lean toward lucid dreaming before getting on topic ("What are some of your profound realizations about life?") but it was fun reading.

Hate is the only emotion that lasts -

love, kittens and rainy days may inspire a plethora of corny songs and haiku, but something you hate, something that really pisses you off - that can inspire seven pages of creative seething, wild description and imagination unreal. like it or not, it's wise not to underestimate what hate does to people.

Only thinking makes it so -

another poster wrote of this at length. I'm mangling a line from Shakespeare (above) but it's so on-the-money it must be shared. IMHO it is the epitome of psychology and the line that exists between black and white, ying and yang, whatever. it's but five words and we could write volumes about it. it's all in your mind.

You are not in control of everything that happens but you Can be in control of how you respond to it -

yet another poster touched upon this. i can't stress enough how import learning control is. a little discipline is nice, a lot of discipline and you can rule the roost. the most successful people i've known keep a poker face and keep their cool when deep inside they would like to choke the living shiat out of someone for what they just said or did. learn to be Joe Cool: never speak in anger, never let them see you sweat. in time you'll almost always have the winning hand.

If you are not in control of your sexuality, your sexuality will be in control of you -

very similar to the previous paragraph but important enough to stand on it's own. so many young people's lives are set on an unwanted course for lack of control, so the earlier one learns this lesson, the better. and because there are those who will understand it more well differently worded, i'll mention the ballsiest tattoo i ever saw. this guy had inked on his neck: "bitches ain't sh#t". worse than youthful horn-dogs are middle-aged and even older suits and ties that still salivate uncontrollably as if they've never seen curvaceous breasts or an attractive backside before. others notice this behavior, and it gives a really pathetic insight/reflection on the fellow who is 'that guy'.

Don't worry, it almost never happens anyway -

sad but true, a heck of a lot of people spend a lot of their lives worrying about things that never come to pass. how sad is that? be prepared, do your thing, but leave worry to the fools who don't know better. worry is counter-productive, it produces stress & anxiety, and ages you before your time. make your choice, pick your path, and stay the course. don't worry, be happy.

When all is said and done, most things don't mean a shiat -

observe the really old folks in your life, and those you may meet here and there. they've seen it all and done it all. in their golden years they speak their mind and they don't tolerate nonsense. i realized from old folks, and from growing old myself, that life is full of way too much inconsequential bullshiat. and when it comes down to brass tacks, most of it isn't worth jack squat. the sooner one realizes this the sooner one may find nirvana.

-- for what's it worth, that's my two cents. thanks for taking the time to read.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alkolyk
reply to post by Bluesma

I hear you,

I had the same realisation, came mostly from buddhist teachings and meditation. It felt like a big change for me at first, but now I'm working on conditioning myself for it. We're still humans and societies pressure on the "right and wrong" question is still very present. The challenge is not that knowing there is no right or wrong, it's by reacting like so and by being able to fully appreciate the present moment, which I'm still having hard times with.

I don't bother trying to act in a way which expresses this knowledge. I have a certain respect, or acceptance, of collective ethics, and so "when in Rome, do as the Romans". If something in considered bad in the environment I am in, I refrain from doing it.

The only difference is that I feel emotionally detached from these social rules, and fairly flexible to adapt from to another. I realize that I can respect the ethics of any society, and still have freedom because if I personally want to step outside those ethics, I go to the grouping or country in which what I want to do or how I want to live is considered good. Luckily this world has enough variety for everyone!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join