It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World’s Longest BBQ Marathon for Prostate Cancer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   

World’s Longest BBQ Marathon for Prostate Cancer

The Prostate Cancer Foundation of Australia and Commonwealth Bank have joined forces to host Australia’s Guinness World Record attempt for the World’s Longest BBQ Marathon!

including bacon and egg rolls, sausage and steak sandwiches,

All funds raised will help PCFA continue their vital research into the cause, treatment and prevention of prostate cancer.

Link

Meat Consumption, Cooking Practices, Meat Mutagens, and Risk of Prostate Cancer

Abstract

Consumption of red meat, particularly well-done meat, has been associated with increased prostate cancer risk. High-temperature cooking methods such as grilling and barbecuing may produce heterocyclic amines (HCAs) and polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs), which are known carcinogens. We assessed the association with meat consumption and estimated HCA and PAH exposure in a population-based case-control study of prostate cancer.

Link

I know lets do something known to cause prostate cancer to try and help stop prostate cancer, whoever came up with this idea should be out of a job.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
My hero George Carlin (rest his soul)
Would have said, "This is like F***ing for virginity"
or perhaps "Fighting for peace"
WTF,OVER???
Seriously?

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
just not the meat , the sauce as well, MSG, artificial sweeteners, chem that i can only guess at saying so ya go stuff your self with BBQ, in 10-20 years, see doc to have tumor removed.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   

All funds raised will help PCFA continue their vital research into the cause, treatment and prevention of prostate cancer.

With all due respect to the OP, if this statement is true, I'll eat an entire horse.
Any 10 minutes worth of Google searches for a cancer cure will question and discredit this "search for a cause/cure" for cancer nonsense fundraiser crap. 5 decades + for many of these things and still no progress?

What's the point, people see what they want to see, and believe what they want to believe, always have always will.

top topics

join