It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A special thank you to those who have talked and/or warned us.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Magantice
reply to post by nightbringr

None of us will ever know what really happened now will we? It doesnt take a genious to figure out that plane wrecks leave body parts. Missles on the other hand incinerate.

Not sure where you got that information from. Missles explode, but fuel tanks on the airplanes themselves contain a vast amount of avionics fuel, very high octane and very flamable. In case you have never witnesses or seen pictures of plane crashes that are NOT caused by missles, i suggest you look online.

Are you assuming that a missle will destroy everything on a plane of that size when it strikes? If so, maybe you should peruse this article about Korean Air 007 which the Soviet Union admitted to shooting down with missles during the height of the cold war.

en.wikipedia.org...

While bodies were not returned when the Russians finally owned up to destroying the plane after the fall of the Soviet Union (they were disposed of at the time or left where they fell into the ocean), numerous pieces of clothing were found among other items.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Magantice

At the end of the day, what the “Truth” is what I, or you, have the capacity to understand what is happening , and when, and for what reason. After all, if you believe as I do in some of the basics of quantum mechanics, the “truth” or reality we perceive is only what we as individuals are capable of perceiving. Then the best we can hope to do is take as much information in as we can, through what ever sources we have, and then, guess what? Use your common sense. Is it ever enough? Not for me, but you know what? It’s all I or any one else has. Then take your best shot.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by arbiture

You are exactly right. Thank you. hopefully anyone responding to this tread can do it with some sense of decorum. I welcome anyone to disagree with this thread if they so choose but I also thank the people who are polite. The bottom line is this.........people who share stories and/or information deserve our graditude. The research is ours to do.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
A special thank you to those who have warned us of real things (can you direct me to someone's thread in here who did that and his prediction actually came true. I'm not being sarcastic, I seriously mean it) because all the time I've seen warnings about things that never happen. Show me why I haven't read enough threads.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
has everyone been so busy agreeing and posting their opinion of the original poster that they have missed the entire point of the topic?

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by scheezy

I am so often concerned with pontificating what is “right, and just ,and decent” I sometimes lose track of what are “the facts” I was trained and will die a scientist by heart. But long before I was a scientist, I was born a human being, and it’s to that I give my fist allegiance. Sure, I have a pathological need to know whats going on, (it has gotten me in to trouble, but it’s also been fun!) but I hope a greater need to always do what is decent. I hope I have the wisdom to do whats right, even when I don’t have close to the level of “facts” I feel comfortable with. At the end of the day, I must ask the question; “with what you DO KNOW is it the best you can possibly do? I can only pray the answer I give is “Yes”. And then I jump into the abyss. And pray for rain, to wash the sins from my sol. What choice do I have? Hide under my bed? Sorry gang, not my style...

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
AMEN, OP!

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

only prob with GLP is everybody is named Annon ####### . Seems nobody on that site from what I've seen ever takes the time to create an actually "screen name " for said site.
edit on 12-9-2011 by LucidDreamer85 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by MuchTooSerious

Originally posted by Magantice
snip

snip

Another issue i have with the above post are the lines:
quote "Most people who really do know something, end up dead shortly after they share the information. Hopefully those of you who dont want to die keeping secrets from those who need to know, will take the chance to share here. ".
This statement is. i'm sorry, pure sensationalism. Could you provide real world examples, where it is shown the person was killed for what they said.

Dead / Jailed /Missing Scientists & Individuals Affiliated With The BP Oil Disaster

To connect it with posting on ATS is, to me, absurd. The OP implies that posting on ATS could, under certain circumstances, get one killed. I'm sorry, but that is far fetched.

I quite personally disagree that it is 'far fetched'. There are dangerous and powerful interests that treat everyone below their positions of power as assets or liabilities with nothing in between. Killing the 'tomb builder' is at least as old as the Pharaohs in terms of maintaining secrecy, and the reality of it is that people are removed from this mortal coil everyday for representing the 'bad seed' or no longer maintaining asset status . In truth it is nearly always better to financially ruin , or discredit a "whistleblower" but killing is a reality , though a somewhat ham-handed one ( that in my opinion stems from sloppy management ).

organized crime is somewhat famous for killing people (notably The "Iceman" , whom himself may have been killed for 'talking too much'

although the timing of his death has been labeled suspicious; Kuklinski was scheduled to testify that former Gambino crime family underboss Sammy Gravano had ordered him to murder New York Police Department Detective Peter Calabro.

) ,
and so are the FSB or KGB ( what do you mean you never heard of the prussic acid pellet airgun or the Bulgarian "umbrella gun" )

the compressed air (or gas) fired cane gun...snip... Poisoned pellets and darts have been fired from similar weapons by communist intelligence agents (for example, the Bulgarian “umbrella gun” used in several prominent assassinations). A related weapon is the tubular “gas gun” which uses an electrically fired charge to expel a small cloud of prussic acid directly into a target’s face, resulting in death from cyanide poisoning. Blowguns have also been incorporated into canes.

let us not forget the tools available to the CIA and other a U.S. alphabet soup counterparts:

Predators, with high-precision zoom lens cameras, and video cameras with both electric optic and infrared capability that can see at night, can lock on a target for their two Hellfire missiles when they are so far away that the target can neither see them (unless the drone is below 15,000 feet (4,600 m)) nor hear them.[7] Predators ...snip...can fly at speeds up to 135 mph (217 km/h) and at heights up to 25,000 feet (7,600 m). They can fly 400 nautical miles (740 km) to a target, loiter overhead for 14 hours, and then return to their base.[180] Reapers...snip...can fly at speeds up to 300 mph (480 km/h), and at heights up to 50,000 feet (15,000 m), and can fly for 14–28 hours (14 hours fully loaded).[181][182] "Nano-drones" are now being developed for targeted killing, that are about 2.5 inches (6.4 cm) long, which like little killer bees will be able to follow their target, even entering a room through an open window.[4] Aerial refueling tanker drones are also being developed that will allow these drones to refuel, without ever landing.[4]

Is it likely that ATS will get one killed ? no, but it is a hard fact that information can and does get people killed. And if someone whom "really did know something" from ATS HAD been killed due to posting how would we ever know of it ?

The best piece of advice I can give to those reading or posting on ATS is this: BE A SKEPTIC...snip...
We should always question any information given us. As the OP'er implies, the ATS is a great place to learn. It's not an end but rather a jumping off point. People should post their ideas and experiences here. Sharing is important.

I couldn't agree with you more

edit on 14-9-2011 by Silverlok because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by arbiture

Like you, I need to know. I even resort to involving other in my plight (much to their dislike). Its all about perception and our abiliy as humans to decipher any given tidbit of information. A few humans on earth have the ability to see the colors of music. I am one of those people but.....Can I prove it?, no I cannot. I can only tell you that it is a fact. I want to know what others believe as fact as a basis for my research or at least tell me something of interest to consider. If Mr. Tesla had kept his facts to himself, where would we be today? Was he a weirdo back then?....................uh yeah. Because of members who talk, Im a hell of a lot more informed than I was a couple of years ago. But because of the members who feel the need to keep quiet a little longer, I may die never knowing an important truth. After all.....................its all been a lie. (ok mostly).

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Silverlok

I so agree with you when you say that if someone were killed because of sharing information , how would we know? We don't have to know each case. It happens. You all know it happens. But is it worth i...t to perhaps save many lives? My answer is yes. Knowing key information will not always help humanity by sharing it. This is where disgression is a key factor in ones decision to share...or not.
In my short story Verdin, although it is a fictional story, anyone with a curious manner would likely have researched the Compton Effect. In the short future, understanding this just may be of importance eih?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by scheezy

Don't be a hater..................
The purpose of my post was for people to take the oppurtunity to thank people who "talk" which they have done. So what would you like to share? You haven't thanked anyone that I can see.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by thyextendedself

Who mentioned predictions? Not me.
I mentioned information that can be researched.
Do you have anything useful to add to this thread?

I give you 10 points for snarky remark.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by nightbringr

I assume you are an expert on missles? Do you have any real information on the advanced technology of the U.S. Air Force?? I bet not. However please do share any knowlege you are keeping on this matter.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Two people in Mexico were killed yesterday for blogging about what the drug cartel was up to. It takes guts to reveal the truth. You risk death.
www.globalpost.com...

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Magantice

Right On The Money And Thanks To You All.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Sometimes in this life, intelligent people with clear consciences accept offers to do work for other people who have the motive and means to research things many would find controversial, if not immensely stimulating. These new workers may, at times, be asked to research unusual things only after they have set their curiosity aside for a very quick few seconds to sign a non-disclosure agreement or similar document. In many cases, sometimes after years have passed, these same workers, now older, wiser and a bit less self-involved than before start applying their innate intellect to the information they have acquired by choosing this path. They begin to weigh the needs of the many against the desires of the few. It is worth saying that probably nearly all of these bright people would never even consider sending a bullet in the body of any other living thing, but they begin to think about what their employers could do with all of the exciting information they now have and jealously guard from the rest of the world.How can I let the rest of the world know some of the things I have learned without endangering myself or those dear to me? If only there was some forum where I could anonymously share my information so that some may research for themselves about the things I say, perhaps all my good work won't up being used in a harmful way. ATS is just such a place. If a reader wants those with just such information to come here and to share it with you, then welcome them and save all your snarky little remarks for other websites where such remarks are deserved.Make them feel their posts will be respected right along with the extraordinary risks some of them have taken to post here. Show them you have at least enough of an IQ to recognize that not all disclosures are BS, that while you are right to have some skepticism you won't embarrass yourself or the rest of the members of the website with your disrespectful, despicable little posts. ATS has the power to become the greatest refuge for those carrying the information to which we all have the right. I honor them and I thank them for coming here to post.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Ok we are geneticaly engineered and our eyes are modified and we exist on a planet that has a dimensional disequilibrium causing two timelines that interleave at specified moments, there is an agenda for people to be able to exist on the "positive" side before the transition with some form of technology however the biosphere of Earth is losing its energy because of thier actions.

Our reality is stabilised as our eyes are controlled, if the control is removed then we will see as we are meant to see and many other "E.S.P. abilities" will be a part of our existence and we will have power over our perceptions - however, the aliens that control Earth need thier special field so that they can prevent the "fall" to the natural Earth densities.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join