It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A special thank you to those who have talked and/or warned us.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donkey_Dean
reply to post by Magantice

Me IQ is purdy low. I hope I aint a ruinin yu post.

No man i dont think you is stupid, you didn,t have to edit once wow.
edit on 3-9-2011 by Gloster because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
how does one get away from a crap eating dog....
climb a tree & it will starve to death

you new age stuff is ok for the kum-byah-yaas in life, but having a conviction about the reality one 'sees' is not proof--- i should know i'm a schizo that sees & hears things all the time...
but my filter might be skewed too

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gloster

Originally posted by Donkey_Dean

Me IQ is purdy low. I hope I aint a ruinin yu post.

No man i dont think you is stupid, you didn,t have to edit once wow.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I agree with your sentiments, OP.

I think many disinformation agents and the like will often tell you that what you are doing online is a worthless endeavor and laughable, and that we as a group are "lunatics" or "crazies."

But behind closed doors, they say that the internet is the biggest threat to their global dominance schemes that has ever existed and must be stopped right away.

As such, you can be damn sure that they WILL shut us down, as soon as they possibly can without destroying the entire global economy (which is tightly wrapped up in the internet at this point, as I am sure we are all aware.)

However, your efforts to spread truth and discard lies are NEVER in vain, and I hope that those who hace chosen this life, come hell or high water, will know that there are many many more of us out there just like you who appreciate your efforts and who do research further the information you give to us.

In short, I just want to say thank you, to all those truthseekers who can before me and to all those whom I will hopefully inspire to seek the truth as well. People with open minds are the ONLY people who could POSSIBLY turn this doomed planet around again. Thank you for risking your life and your sense of comfort and safety, for the greater good, and for the people of the Earth.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
You have no idea how happy it makes me to see that ats isn't completely full of closed-minded people that dismiss things at a glance just because it doesn't happen to fit in with their paradigm. Yes it's always important to take the stories that are really "out there" with a grain of salt, but it's never okay to outright dismiss a story immediately when it doesn't agree with your opinion. Star and flag from me sir or madame.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Guys, you are so emotional today. Now, where did I leave the tissue paper?

I want to hug you

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
This is why we dont abduct donkeys!!

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Logman

I would say its about 50-50, politics and world affairs are usually spot on, conspiracies are pretty accurate for those of us that really know how the worlds corporations and governments are intertwined, but there is also wild speculation on these topics which usually detracts from the original thought. We need to keep our minds open but not claim what we know is truth unless we have some evidence to back it up, we should relay our testimonies and stories but not write it off blindly or accept it blindly. Saying "This is what was told to me and here is who told me it" instead of "This is going on definitely, and to back it up this guy told me about it".

The Brigadier General Secret Space Program thread is a good example of how information should be posted, he gave his story and said "this is what I was told and by whom it was told" and allowed the reader to decide for themselves, we need more threads like that one. However this thread will not change people's mannerisms and I assume business will go on as usual despite this thread. People who blindly debunk without posting any real information to back up their claims are prevalent here. If you're going to debunk, at least have something to back up your statements, otherwise you are most likely a disinformation peddling weasel.

edit: @ the post above me, LOL. Wow, fat man powerless to will of the donkey. A belt may have helped him out some, but I can't help not feeling sorry for him for being so fail.
edit on 9/3/2011 by smarterthanyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
The Disclosure Project was a great example, many of us believe this is smoking-gun type evidence, however it is still only testimony, albeit VERY good testimony. Until we get hard evidence, (something like The Bob White Object, google it) or something similar, it is still just testimony. However the motives of those in the Disclosure Project are not money or anything of the sort, at most 1-2 people wrote a book of their experiences but again I doubt it due to the fact that they were still bound somewhat by their former employer to secrecy. For any of you who have not seen the Disclosure Project press conference, it can be found here. www.youtube.com... Watch this and decide for yourselves if these people are credible.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Like everything on ATS, you just gotta run it up the pole and see who salutes it! Some of it is drivel, some of it has merit. What one person posts, someone may laugh hysterically at it while another can see the tack your taking. Heck, I've posted stuff that people have ridiculed, I don't take it personal. Don't get mad, improve your argument. I think we all know sometimes getting from point A to point B takes alot of sub-alphabet to get there. The thing that I most enjoy about ATS are the things that I research and run into dead ends on; I find someone else on here on ATS researching the same thing. Now and then, they give me a new road to explore. The first thing anyone has to understand is this, there are no absolutes, anyone who says differently is closed minded or brain-washed. Understand? Absolutely!

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Great point, and I share in the gratitude. Sure there is plenty of seedy speculation and snarkiness at times, but overall ATS has been a great mill to run so many of the fascinating theories and postulations through, in an effort to weigh out and determine some degree of truth for ourselves. The sources/links and opinions are a great benefit to our truth pursuits, and ATS attracts a certain group of people that often cannot find others in life to share and ponder these subjects with(enough). I feel that I would enjoy hanging out with many members here and am proud to participate in our ATS hood.

2012 will be a lively time here on the boards, for better and worse I reckon, but interesting and fun never the less.
I think it is important to remember, that many here are new to the game, and so we often see the same subject and perspective over and over, but I try not to condemn, because some have to go through a learning process, as many of us have, shedding faith in some charlatans, learning how to assess SOHO, Stellarium, and incoming airplanes that resemble ufos (
). That is what is great about the 'deny ignorance' notion, it is not meant to be condescending, but rather educational me thinks.

Peace,
spec

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Posting your knowledge or experience on ATS is not very rewarding when you have disinformation agents and people with low Iq's posting snarky remarks. Then there are those who want proof.

Not all "experiences" or "knowledge" posted on sites such as these - and any other - equates to reality.

There are people on the internet who tell the truth, and many who lie.

How do you differentiate between the two?

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Beamish

The problem is, even if someone IS telling the truth, they will still be labeled a liar or copy/paster by roughly half of the people here. So we need to be objective, but not blindly. Getting evidence to post on a conspiracy site is hard because any real evidence would want to be taken to a congressional hearing or press conference or the media. That is where the hard evidence will likely end up if people want to get the truth out quickly before they are shut down. But we still try here at ATS, so just continue doing your best to supply the most evidence you can for whatever you are claiming. Again, that Secret Space Program post, the guy posted where he was working with the officer and some other very detailed things, before someone told him to edit it. In my opinion, this did give quite alot of credibility to that post, although it is dangerous for that particular officer if there are people on here whose only goal is to detect and to silence.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
amen to the thanks, op. any warning is welcome as long as it comes from anyone but a benevolent though. their warnings are scrambled with biblical messages, no good, no good

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by smarterthanyou
Getting evidence to post on a conspiracy site is hard because any real evidence would want to be taken to a congressional hearing or press conference or the media.

hmn. no evidence is needed on a site where 100% of the doom predictions turn out to be null and void anyway. now that's what i'd call the very evidence at its best.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by smarterthanyou

The problem is, even if someone IS telling the truth, they will still be labeled a liar or copy/paster by roughly half of the people here. So we need to be objective, but not blindly.

How do you tell they are telling the truth?

I could write the most compelling, in depth story on ATS. How would you tell I wasn’t lying?

…that Secret Space Program post, the guy posted where he was working with the officer and some other very detailed things, before someone told him to edit it. In my opinion, this did give quite alot of credibility to that post, although it is dangerous for that particular officer if there are people on here whose only goal is to detect and to silence.

It sounded right. That’s all.

Sounding right is not difficult.

So, how do you differentiate between someone who has seriously done their homework with an intention to deceive, or someone who has chosen to endanger their – and their family’s life - by telling the truth?

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Its difficult to post any opinion when someone is lying in wait to attack anything you may have to say..whaich is just what happens when you post....but I do try to keep my answers informative....what tires me is the obvious hatred and bias against America and Americans and the opinions they use to attack you...but your post is appreciated

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logman
A lot more BS than truth here, just sayin'.

Amusing site though. Better than GLP at least.

The great thing about this site, is that if you come across a Thread that you think is full of BS, then you can always ignore it and not contribute to the thread.

However, what I have found is that people lurk the boards in order to pounce and require photos or other sources to back up claims. I can understand this if you are passionate about a certain subject, but really some people on here turn up on a spectrum of subjects. Surely they cannot be experts in all fields? Or can they?

edit on 3/9/11 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Magantice
Posting your knowledge or experience on ATS is not very rewarding when you have disinformation agents and people with low Iq's posting snarky remarks. Then there are those who want proof. Example: pictures or it didnt happen. Aside from all of this, there are those of us who want to hear what you have to say. We can do research on our own. We dont need proof. We just need enough for you to tell us in your own words, what happened to you or what you believe you know. This is the one place where the truth can be told . Most people who really do know something, end up dead shortly after they share the information. Hopefully those of you who dont want to die keeping secrets from those who need to know, will take the chance to share here. For those of you who have already shared what you know, I for one thank you. I believe very little of what I read on ATS but having said that I can also say I've learned a lot. The truth IS IN HERE. Anyone who agrees with me please let our informants know.

I agree with your sentiments, with reservations.

I came to ATS in 2008, and have been a regular reader and poster here since. I think this is probably one of, if not THE best website to discuss issues and topics that are outside of or skirt around the mainstream.

Having said that, since joining and participating i have become aware, as have other members, of a general tendency for members who are relatively new, or have a low post count, to either post personal accounts with just hearsay to go on, no other clues are offered as a route to validating their account, and there are other members who simply and rather obviously are out to rubbish and discredit, sneer and jibe at members who do attempt to provide evidence or a route to our validating their stories along with their posts.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with posting personal accounts of sightings, of hearsay (my friend told me..i heard this from a co-worker) or some such, but the problems arise when it is pointed out that the OP is devoid of any means of the ATS membership checking it's authenticity, the OP then becomes aggrieved, or insulted.

Trust obviously has to be earned, it's not something that in good conscience can be handed out like sweets. Taking someone's account on faith alone is one thing, if the member posting is considered in good standing and of good character, even though they are essentially anonymous. An essentially unknown member with a very low post count and so on, very little can be gleaned from their 'tone' or previous style, is another thing entirely.

There is a danger here.

Not just to personal pride, although that is a factor, but to ATS and the credibility of it's content and of the members who post that content.

Floods of 'unknown' members posting controversial personal accounts, based on nothing more than hearsay, with no route to verification may be an amusing way to while away a few minutes or so, but it can also be detrimental to the standing of ATS and it's membership. These posts, will be used against us as they often are and used as some kind of cumulative proof the members are 'tin foil hat' loonies, who's gullibility knows absolutely no bounds.

I'm sure most will agree this isn't good for any of us, ATS or indeed and perhaps most importantly the issue or the image of all 'alternative forums' that attempt to reach that truth. This is highlighted in recent comments emanating from the US Government, where it was stated quite plainly that 'conspiracy theory websites' are dangerous places that breed malcontents and anti-government thinking...i think the 'T' word was even used too.

Then we had a promise from US government reps that 'conspiracy theory' websites *WILL* be infiltrated to disrupt, distract and throw us into disarray. A software company tasked with aiding this US government agenda, has been featured on ATS extensively, their remit was/is to construct software for US agents to use online on websites such as ours, in order for a single agent to appear as many individuals posting their own accounts. This is not fantasy.

Because of this, i personally believe *every* unsubstantiated 'personal account' of a 'friend told me' or my 'Great uncle Albert said' etc. be submitted to either the 'story' forum, or the hoax forum until or if evidence or some other verification is forthcoming.

If we do not do this, given the US governments *own admission* of their purposeful intent to corrupt our communications using fake accounts and posts designed to be used as proof of our gullible lunacy, the genuine reports with checkable facts or evidence, and on a larger scale ATS and sites of a similar nature, are seriously at risk.

So while a 'story' may be interesting, it may also be contributing to nailing the coffin lid down on our collaborative efforts to expose corruption in various areas of our lives, and our combined ability to shine a light on the truths we seek.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

I see where you are coming from, but many people (including myself) are called 'disinfo agents' purely because we disagree with something, or simply because we want to debate an issue. Surely if we were all to think the same and agree with each other, this site would get a little boring in no time at all.

When I began my journey here on ATS a few moons ago, I would argue with people who offered scientific reasoning and to those who didn't think like me, simply because I wanted to believe everything to be real. Now a few years down the line, I can see just how valuable it is to have sceptical / rational minded people on the other side.

Without them the FACTS would become buried under the fantasies that thread starters churn out from their overacted (sometimes bored) minds.

Not everything is a conspiracy

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join