It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A special thank you to those who have talked and/or warned us.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+234 more 
posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Posting your knowledge or experience on ATS is not very rewarding when you have disinformation agents and people with low Iq's posting snarky remarks. Then there are those who want proof. Example: pictures or it didnt happen. Aside from all of this, there are those of us who want to hear what you have to say. We can do research on our own. We dont need proof. We just need enough for you to tell us in your own words, what happened to you or what you believe you know. This is the one place where the truth can be told . Most people who really do know something, end up dead shortly after they share the information. Hopefully those of you who dont want to die keeping secrets from those who need to know, will take the chance to share here. For those of you who have already shared what you know, I for one thank you. I believe very little of what I read on ATS but having said that I can also say I've learned a lot. The truth IS IN HERE. Anyone who agrees with me please let our informants know.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Magantice

S&F for you! Excellent post! I agree whole heartedly!

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
You deserve way more S&Fs than you have for this. I like proof, but I like to put my conscious on things too. It sniffs out the good and the bad. We're not always going to have proof and it's good for us to wonder and question. Thanks for this thread.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Magantice
Posting your knowledge or experience on ATS is not very rewarding when you have disinformation agents and people with low Iq's posting snarky remarks. Then there are those who want proof. Example: pictures or it didnt happen. Aside from all of this, there are those of us who want to hear what you have to say. We can do research on our own. We dont need proof. We just need enough for you to tell us in your own words, what happened to you or what you believe you know. This is the one place where the truth can be told . Most people who really do know something, end up dead shortly after they share the information. Hopefully those of you who dont want to die keeping secrets from those who need to know, will take the chance to share here. For those of you who have already shared what you know, I for one thank you. I believe very little of what I read on ATS but having said that I can also say I've learned a lot. The truth IS IN HERE. Anyone who agrees with me please let our informants know.

Mod nomination.

Perfectly stated...much props, and so true. Snf

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
A lot more BS than truth here, just sayin'.

Amusing site though. Better than GLP at least.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logman
A lot more BS than truth here, just sayin'.

Amusing site though. Better than GLP at least.

Glp is so garbage...their site had to be made by a 5th grader.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I agree...not that I believe every little thing that I read here, but I do believe those who appear to be sincere.

I have been one of those who didn't have "proof", or "pictures" to prove what had happened...but I chose to share it any way...just like a lot of those here.

Personally, I would rather read of others experience, and pictures are great, but we don't always have a camera, recorder, i-pod, or cell phone on hand.

I know the night I saw a UFO, a couple weeks ago...my phone was on my desk (not that it would have caught what I saw in a great video), my daughter and boyfriends phones were either dead, or in the truck up the driveway...so I decided to share, minus the "proof".

Years ago, a story was just what you were told. There was typically no "photo", "video", or "proof" of what others encountered, except their word. That is no longer good enough. I understand that...that is how (I believe) most of us found ATS...looking for answers, the truth, etc. Knowing how much our government(s) lie to us,...who can blame most people for being suspicious? I can't. I have learned that in this world I thought that most were trustworthy, before earning my trust, is not so. Sadly now I see it as you have to prove you're trustworthy, before I can believe you. How far we have fallen as a humans......

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
The key to all of this is to ASK QUESTIONS... People forget they have this ability. Stop swallowing everything that is shoved into your mouth.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by BeyondPerception

I agree that asking questions is a good thing if done politely. Unfortunately there are those who thrive on trashing someones infromation and/ or thread. Again thank you to those who "Tell it". Much love and appreciation.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   

You couldnt have put it any better

Good to have people like you here!

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   

thats how a real opend mind works mixed with kindness and ego in check. wish alot more people would think like that.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   

reply to post by BeyondPerception

I agree that asking questions is a good thing if done politely. Unfortunately there are those who thrive on trashing someones infromation and/ or thread. Again thank you to those who "Tell it". Much love and appreciation.

You're taking my statement slightly out of context. I'm not referring to 'direct questions' in response to what people say.

My point was that people tend to draw conclusions too easily in this day and age, and don't question anything anymore. They just accept that things are hunky dory because a few talking heads say it is. Kinda what you were covering in your OP, that you should often do your own research on things, and not take everything someone say's as factual, regardless of who they are. And sometimes, it's best to just eep an open mind, and not even draw a conclusion in the first place, without conclusive evidence of something.

I find that I have an open mind about most things, whereas I don't draw conclusions unless it's absolutely unquestionable. Not too often I find myself surprised by anything, really, which I kinda like.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
i take most of what hear with a grain of salt especially on the internet. its hard to just take someones word for it most times. proof is essential without it, its just your anonymous word against my judgement.
edit on 9/3/2011 by toothpastert because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I enjoy reading other peoples experiences. While much of what is posted must be read with filters in place and discerned with some common sense and logic, there are a few posts which gain merit. As far as having pics or didn't happen I do not hold pics or video as empirical evidence. The event may have happened before the common advent of such tools, a person many not of had a cell phone or cam on hand at the time, and/or pics and vid can be altered or doctored.

With that being said, pics and video and great eye candy and do add an element of visual aid to what the post is concerning. It is sad that there are so many out there that are ruthless in their replies and seem to wish to derail a post. I have read many posts where the topic started off as interesting and suddenly take a sharp turn towards nothing more than a virtual fist fight. The main OP is lost and thread is for all common applications derailed.

I say let us ask questions, weigh the story and evidence provided and each come to their own conclusion of the event. ATS could be a much more powerful tool if people worked together to find the truth rather than against one another. It is refreshing to find a thread where members work each other in a civil manner to to find a common consensus of the topic.

S&F for you!!

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Yeah its funny how little kids will come on here and say "pics or it didnt happen" then they go right back to posting threads about aliens

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Great Post, S&F.

I agree wholeheartedly with what you've said, there is a lot on here which is a load of rubbish, but with a bit of sense, sifting and determination even the most of extreme of the stories can have truth to them. After all, the people who write it are very likely to believe what they say in their mind, so who are we to say it is wrong?

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Well said OP.

There are a few people on these forums that could do with reading a statement like that before they start ridiculing others.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

I agree with you , and am sorry to say that i have been one of the people with low iq's and snarky remarks at times.
I am turning over a new leaf though.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Ok good that you believe us becouse... I am really the one who is abducting people. I do make some experiments but most of the time i just do the anal probing. I can fly but.....most of the time you will see me runing around, you know like Captain America i guess, just that i, well i like to insert instruments in anal cavity. Hey did you see Captain America? well that wasnt me man I SWEAR!!!
edit on 3-9-2011 by Gloster because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Me IQ is purdy low. I hope I aint a ruinin yu post.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join