It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mammal-like reptiles

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2003 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Australopithecines (i dont think thats spelled right but close enough) were proto-humans, they were apes which walked upright, they became humans, they had nothing to do with dinosaurs

posted on Apr, 12 2003 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I don't think any of you can.

Xaos.........so Icke is a madman but you are not? How is his theory anymore insane than your's?

[Edited on 12-4-2003 by Abraham Virtue]

posted on Apr, 12 2003 @ 08:58 AM
link   
the human dinos were called Australopithecines, or the Evolutionary Humim. Posted by Isis

KKing123 is correct, Australopithecines were early hominids. The first proto human found was found by Richard Leakey, and he labeled her Australopithicus Afarensis (Southern Man, located in the Afar region of Tanzania). This skeleton later became known as "Lucy" as it was determined to be an adolescent female.

Australopithecines were essentially highly developed and evolved apes. Although Lucy was not fully bipedal, she was found to be capable of bipedal movement for extended periods, with modern apes only able to do so for short distances.

Lucy was estimated to have lived about 5 million years ago, which is far after the end of the dinosaurs, who died out at the end of the Cretacious period about 65 million years ago.

The Dimetrodon you mentioned is a very early dinosaur, dating back to around 150-200 million years ago, into the Triassic period. This dinosaur *was* cold blooded, as evidenced by the fin back. Because cold blooded animals cannot move or do anything very energetic until thier internal temperature reaches a certain temperature, and due to the relatively large body mass of Dimetrodon, it evolved that fin back. It is estimated that the fin contained a large network of blood vessels, and when its temp was low, it would sit 90 degrees to the sun, presenting the max surface area to sunlight, heating its blood. If it began to overheat, it would turn face on to the sun, and allow heat to radiate out into the air.

posted on Apr, 12 2003 @ 10:05 PM
link   
well ok i believe yall did your research, but these tablets i have disagree w/ your info. im not saying i know who is wrong or right, i would just like to scan the pics and pages of the tablets so i can show you what i read. please tell me how i transfer a pic from my files to a post. i have a lot of interesting pictures from several different books i would luv your opinion on. thnx.

posted on Mar, 8 2023 @ 06:19 PM
link   
This thread may be 20 years old, but during the Middle-Late Permian and Early Triassic, southern Africa, Brazil, European Russia, China, Laos, and India were home to multiple extinct therapsid lineages like biarmosuchians, dinocephalians, anomodonts (including the famous dicynodonts, gorgonopsians, therocephalians, and thrinaxodontids. Dicynodonts outlived the mass extinction at the end of the Permian and survived into the Triassic, and the most well-known dicynodonts from the Triassic include the burrowing Lystrosaurus and the bulky kannemeyeriiforms.

Links:
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join