It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mammal-like reptiles

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2003 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I have come up with the idea that during the Permian era, there might have developed a simian-like reptile. I base this idea on the fact that during this era there developed certain mammal-like reptile, and if there were some mammals with counterparts in the Permian then why not pseudo-primates. This could explain things like reptoids and other "lizard" sightings too. But I have not found much info on Mammal-like Reptiles and am wondering if anyone has info on this.

Thanks,
XAOS

posted on Apr, 5 2003 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Is this the new Cryptozoology Forum?

posted on Apr, 5 2003 @ 08:43 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Um, I think that Icke is a great salesman. He knows exactly how to exploit a gullible public into buying his books.

But I'm not trying to say that these Mammatiles are controlling the governments and are using the zionist controlled UN to oppress the world, thats the ramblings of a madman.

I'm just wondering if in all the millions of years that these creatures were around, that some didn't evolve into something like primates. I mean there is a great possibility that ours isnt the first civilization on the planet, and I dont have to be crazy to say it.

Do any of you believe that in all of the millions of years that life has existed on this planet, that humans are the only ones with this type of intelligence. You cannot comprehend the fact, because it would mean that our civilization is liable to completely dissapear with nothing left to show for it, just as the previous ones have.

Can anyone say definitely that there have been no other species capable of civilization ever before us? Anyone?

XAOS

[Edited on 6-4-2003 by xaos]

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 01:45 AM
link   
A mammal like reptile? Sounds like some kind of missing link type thing in which case there is no such thing. Ha ha, David Icke, he doesn't exactly have everything figured out. In response to the intelligent species capable of civilizations: angels. I'm not sure if they actually had civilizations before the fall and stuff but it wouldn't be completely unprecedented. For instance, I've heard stuff on Mars and the traces of things there. Like the face of a sphinx on the surface.

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Um, actually Mammal-like reptiles are a type of reptile found in the permian era. Nothing paranormal about them. search.yahoo.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">Search for Mammal-like Reptiles go ahead, click on any of the websites in there, not a single one mentions anything paranormal. I guess no one on this forum can accept that humans arent the first species capable of civlization on this planet.

XAOS

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 05:58 AM
link   
I didn't say anything about them being paranormal. I searched and skimmed through some stuff on them and they're just dinosaurs. I don't see how you can associate animals, especially nut-sized brained dinosaurs, as being capable of a "civilization" any more than a big family of prairie dogs.

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Is it so hard to imagine? The species we find in the fossil record are only a small percentage of those that have existed on this earth. We have no way of knowing how big brain sizes got, as there are most likely thousands, if not millions of dinosaurs not unearthed. It is hard to say that, in the hundreds of millions of years in the existence of dinosaurs that some did not become even slightly intelligent, or use tools. How long has it taken man to evolve? maybe five million years? We went from the stone age to internet in about ten thousand years, so it is impossible to say that these creatures might not have done the same. Just because there is no fossil exidence (and there might be) does not mean they didnt exist.

Dinosaurs and reptiles are two different types of organisms. Birds are, themselves descendents of dinosaurs, but you dont call birds dinosaurs.

XAOS

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Yes, it is impossible to say that any reptiles ever had a small fraction of the intelligence we have much less used tools or had any "civilization." You don't see aligators going to work or Komodo dragons building a new town hall do you?
Birds are birds, they didn't evolve from reptiles. Evolution is ridiculous. 0 times 0=0, not everything.

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Sorry, I didnt know you were a creationist.

XAOS

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Can't help but think of the Sleestaks in Land of the Lost...
Not as far fetched as one might think though... Certainly, many forms of life share dinosaur descendants... However, given our early history of warring with other intelligent species or sub-species to final extinction, it would appear that such a being likely would have been wiped out. Couple that with the lack of any kind of remains found (unlike, say Bigfoot, in which hairs, feces, bones, have been found), and you get a negative though...

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Dunno if this one was mammal-like, but it's said to be the most intelligent dino ever ... so far atleast

Not a very 'scientific' site though ...

all..._magix.tripod.com/id22.htm

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Actually, Xaos has some facts to back him up.

The latest information from paleontologists point to many dinosaurs from the late cretacious as being warm blooded. This was pointed to in the movie Jurassic Park, but is very new in terms of being accepted. This would account for the physical agility that is noted for many dinosaurs, not seen in modern cold blooded reptiles.

The only dinosaurs that we know to have been coldblooded are the fin back dinos. The fin back acted as a solar collector/radiator.

Also, bolstering Xaos is a strange story that appeared around the time Jurassic Park was being made.

At the time production began, and research was being done on Dinos, the Velociraptor was known to be very small, about the size of a Cocker Spaniel. Hardly an intimidating creature, even when they pack hunted (which they are thought to have done). Speilberg decided to employ a bit of "creative license" in the movie, and make the VR a bit larger, about 2 meters in size, making them considerably more dangerous and dramatic.

After production wrapped up, but right before the movie was released, paleontologists in North Dakota (I think) found a new subspecies of VelociRaptor, that fit the description in the movie to perfection. The new VR was about 1.5-2 meters in size, and had the largest brain-body size ratio of any dinosaur, and was rather close to primates in ratio.

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a rather racist website, looks like Nazi propoganda mixed with alien conspiracy theories

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Birds are birds, they didn't evolve from reptiles. Evolution is ridiculous. 0 times 0=0, not everything. Posted by SandMan

Incorrect.

Do a google search for Archeopteryx.

There are currently efforts underway to investigate an actual DNA link between dinos and birds.

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a rather racist website, looks like Nazi propoganda mixed with alien conspiracy theories Posted by KKing123

*sigh*

Ok, just HOW do you get racism and Nazism on a thread about dinosaurs?

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 10:14 PM
link   
all..._magix.tripod.com/id22.htm

did you look at that website? ^

read it, you'll see what i mean

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 10:17 PM
link   
OK, I see what you mean. Sorry.

I just popped it open, saw it was BS and shut it down didnt read any of it.

Tells you what I think of its scientific appeal.

posted on Apr, 11 2003 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I posted it cuz of the dino info there. I've heard the theory before that's posted there ... The rest of it is pure bull# though.

posted on Apr, 11 2003 @ 11:38 PM
link   
hi! i found something similar to what you're talking about. its called a Dimetrodon. has 2 sets of teeth, eats flesh and vegetables, has a long dorsal fin type of vertebrae up to five feet in height. i ahve a picture in the Holy Tablets by malachi z york, but how do i post it on a reply? it took me for EVER just to figure out how to do an avatar. i have a scanner so tell me how so i can post some of these crazy pictures!!

the human dinos were called Australopithecines, or the Evolutionary Humim. yes i spelled it right. how can i post these pix so u can see what the hell i'm looking at? they are said to be a mix of hindu and reptilian. this is just what im reading folks, dont think i am crazy.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join