It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need help forgetting an ex

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Cheaper being single anyway. You'll learn that anyway later in life.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by blackmetalmist

Haha great reply, didn't know you were into starcraft hahah! Things are much better now, I can't wait for Diablo 3 to come out =D

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Lmaooooo, somebody hit it right on the dot ahhaha

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Unvarnished

Oh yeah... Im pretty good at it too. Ive been playing for 10 years now and i must say i kick butt for a girl

Hope your day is a little better !!

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

I rarely find chicks owning in Diablo but when the game does come out we should play online! =D haha ya things are much better just focusing on med school and such, trying to own my classes and get through this hell hahah

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I can say one thing from experience, being alone is one of the worst things after a breakup. Sitting around at home, or just having idle time to stew, is not good. Most of the time it makes your mind run wild with bad thoughts. The best thing i found to do is get out and be around other people. It was so weird how much better i felt just going out with friends, or just being around people in general. It makes you realize how many other people there are in the world, and worrying about one person becomes seriously insignificant. That's not to say you should forget completely, remember the good but accept that it happened, and it's over now. Living in the past will get you pretty much nowhere.

x2, the wallet is heavier as well.
Although when you find the right person, money shouldn't matter to them.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unvarnished

I rarely find chicks owning in Diablo but when the game does come out we should play online! =D haha ya things are much better just focusing on med school and such, trying to own my classes and get through this hell hahah

Add me to the list. I own Diablo.

edit on 26-9-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Funny, the last breakup I went through (which wasn't nearly as bad as the most recent) resulted in me being addicted to World of Warcraft.

Thank goodness for Blizzard, I guess?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by scafling

Diablo 3 is being released in 2012, I can't wait for it, once that game comes out, I'm turning into a hermit hahaha

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Stick with the classics... sex, drugs and alcohol. They always help me forget.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by JackBauer

Thanks a lot for the great advice JB. All I've been doing is focusing on my studies and just taking it day by day. I decided to join the gym, so its been going great, I can't complain. My mind does think about her sometimes when its not occupied but other than that, I'm just pretty much rebuilding myself after what happened. By the way, I love the 24 series dude, I cannot wait until they make the damn movie, I've been waiting for it for such a long time! =D

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by hudsonhawk69

Yeah I know, the alcohol and sex part is cool, I just do not wanna end up in jail because of the drug part lmao.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Dude
your in your twenties right?

A tried and tested solution.
Delete her from your phone fb etc
make sure she has all her pocessions/gifts back
hit the gym
get some new duds
start dating again taking care to make sure she knows about it
eat healthy
sleep well
do not be mean to her, or about her to anyone
are any of her gfs hot, if so hit on them unashamedly
and mostly give up the nerdy game thing (hot chicks find it a real turn off)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
You didn't idolize or idealize her, things change.People change, relationships change. The sooner you figure that out, the longer your relationships will last.

Your both in your early twenties, no offense to other members but even in your early 20s you have no idea what you are doing or what you want.

Neurologists say that people shouldn't make life decisions till your 25, the brain doesn't even get organized till then.

I remember that first heartbreak, I lost 15 lbs that summer. Now I look back and think, what did I ever see in that guy?

The advice about taking care of yourself and building up your self esteem is important. Get in shape, learn to love yourself, get a new hobby.

If you are gonna rebound, do it with someone else who is also rebounding, they are short adn sweet and less of a headache.

You have to feel your emotions whether you want to or not. If you push them back, they only show up later and much more stronger. it is ok to be sad.Aknowledge it, let it pass.

When grief no longer serves a purpose, it is time to forgive and move on.

Most people don't grieve for more then a year, especially at your age. If it goes on longer then that, seek help.

Just remember that millions have been through this and lived. This too shall pass. But it is ok if it doesnt' feel like it.

Be prepared for a day when you have a setback, they happen. Have a plan in place in case you do.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by scafling

funny most of mine end up in giving up games... lol

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by hotel1

Hey man, thanks a lot for your advice! Yeah, I've been hitting the gym now for about a month solid and its been definitely working out for the better along with eating healthy and sleeping. I've been taking care of myself and so far everything has been going good! I just wanted to ask, I haven't talked to her since the day she dumped me, I deleted her AND her friends from facebook, I feel like if I flirt with her friends I'll only just stoop down to her level. Is there like a reverse psychology when you say not to be mean to her? I deactivated my facebook so nobody has really heard from me for months, but its just weird, I have a lot of anger towards her but something inside is telling me to say things behind her back, which I haven't. How do chicks usually react if a guy doesn't say anything bad about them?

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Thanks for the post nixie, I really appreciate it. Yeah things are going good, I joined a gym and just heavily focusing on medical school right now since the amount of material is insane. It's just really annoying how people say they'll stick with you through the thick and thin and in the end just end up leaving you out there on your own. I guess I just have to live and learn from this experience.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Your welcome dude to answer your question its not reverse psychology as such its just that sour grapes make you less attractive to the chicks. Your doing it exactly right so keep at it your taking your first steps on an amazing journey. Im really pleased for you

Kind regards

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by hotel1

Oh okay, I hear ya, yeah I'm definitely moving on, I'm not looking back, I know if I ever contact her I'll end up becoming laughing stock bc that's how a lot of girls are, they'll just show the patheticness to their new dude they are talking too. I don't ever want to be a sucker.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Hey dude I perhaps didnt explain that well what I mean is if you encounter your ex give her a cheerful greeting and go on your way, but if you happen to meet any of her gfs try hitting on them just for practice/fun but just have a dgaf attitude towards them. Just remember men age like wine, and women age like beer.

Best wishes

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join