It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Animals Talk To Each Other With Words That We Will Never Be Able To Understand?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

What my source is saying is that Hebrew was spoken in the garden of Eden, by Adamu and Eve. We both know both of them came before Israel.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
this link explains the time lines of the earliest alphabets and earliest languages > en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by applebaum
reply to post by blocula

My husband and I have four dogs. Each comes with a very strong personality. They are loving pets. I know how to interpret their barks. I know a certain barking sound means someone is intruding, they hurt, they are happy etc..
That is all I know about their communication with me. However, they understand their names and simple phrases.
In some ways "dogs" at least are smarter than humans. They understand more of our language than we do of their language. When you think of it in those terms, maybe, we humans aren't as smart and superior as we think we are. Just sayin...

our pug understands english and cantonese, lol!

animals have complex behavior and sounds to go with it, most do anyway.

as do humans, to communicate with each other for various things, food, mating, distress, etc.

so yes, you could call that language.

eta; anyone with pets can and will understand what they want us to do for them, lol!
edit on 5-9-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

I've thought about this recently too.

I think the biggest form of communications between dogs is body language. I have two dogs, a very intelligent german shepherd... and a smaller, very weird terrier/jackrussel thing, so i see a lot of communication between them.

However i've got this idea that they have a stronger feeling of sixth sense then we do. Let me explain, often if i am in the lounge, and the smaller dog is on the lounge across from me asleep. Sometimes, i only have to dart my eyes over to her and she will open her own, and look at me. I'm not making any sound or movement that she should could see or hear, but still, she does it in perfect sync to when my eyes go to hers, she knows im looking at her.

But other then that.. its mainly just body language. Humans have very complex facial expressions, vocal tones, eye contact and body language. Being able to read these things will give you a very indepth view to that persons feelings, motives, behavior, actions etc.
So dogs, being much more simple then us, would also have their own dog version of these body language signals, which they would have been adapted to pick up, over what i assume would be the species evolution and their own personal upbringing, for it is more important to them as they have no native tongue or language themselves to use.

I assume most of their actions are based on essentially reactions, they will explore what their senses see and feel, and respond to that. But i cant imagine they would actually be thinking in sense of any time, like planning out their day or wondering when their master is going to come home. they would just wait until their master comes home. So by that their body language would just be a series of reactions?

/rambleoff

Just my 2c.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
once i watched a squirrel on one side of a chain link fence chattering away at our dog barking at it from the other side.they were definitely vocalizing at eachother,there was nothing else there.they were only about ten feet apart and staring right at eachother.i dont know what they were saying,i wish i knew...

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
They is only one man who can really talk to the animals Dr do little.
I once saw two black bird's and a fish. Is this a sing from the god's And can cheese be evil.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
i think that birds have the most complex language. just within our backyard in the evening, theres something like ten different species all flying around eachother singing and chirping away in a symphony of sounds that we cannot comprehend the meanings of. but they effortlessly distinguish between them all...what are the saying?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
They are communicating in the only way they know. Years ago someone was developing a device that decodes what a dogs is verbally saying in its bark. I have not heard anything about the device since tho.

I hear forieghners talk and To be honest i understand a dogs bark more than i understand their speak.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
think about the fact that "modern humans" have been evolving on earth for about 200,000 years and "mammals" have been evolving on earth for about 200,000,000 years,thats 1 year for us for every 1,000 years for them! and surely this means that they have developed a sophisticated language beyond our comprehension to understand or translate...would'nt they have had to?!?!

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
In a way it would be kind of ignorant or naieve to think that humans would be the only species only the whole planet to have their own personal language.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
exactly,just like humans are naive,egotistical and dominating.we think that we are superior to every living thing on this planet,when this might not be the case.unfortunately for ourselves and the animals around us that we ruthlessly hunt and capture,cage and train,domesticate and experiment on and we eat them as well....just what do they really think of us? i dont think we would like the answers...one things for sure,we are the greatest at earning massive amounts of negative karma for ourselves and we can only earn so much before the karmic bubble bursts...again.
edit on 7-9-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadLights
We all used to speak one language which was Hebrew if you go by the Hebrew txts.

So are you trying to tell me that the American Indians spoke Hebrew as well as the ancient Chinese? I do not think your statement holds truth. Maybe in that eastern part of the world only, but in other parts of the world they were speaking several different languages.

The world's oldest book in the history of mankind written in Etruscan, the language that is now lost, can be seen in Bulgaria's National Museum of History before Hebrew was spoken.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Of course they have their own language and talk and think in their own ways. Humankind is just another species and we just evolved in a different way then the other species, don't ask me why though since I don't have a clue.
Just keep in mind that our minds can't be compared with that of a dog. The same goes for the mind of a ant and a dog and yet they all communicate in their own way.

More "similar-minded" species tend to communicate with each other too, something I can clearly see between my 4 year old dog and my 4 month old kitten, not the mention them with me. I just wished that I could understand more then their ways of asking for food, attention and other basic stuff.

On side-note, my kitten keeps on "attacking" my hand so I think that he wants some attention and my dog is staring at me in his "I-wanna-go-outside look".

edit on 8-9-2011 by Amanda81 because: typo

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
hi...from your perspective you perceive a "i wanna go outside look" ,but from the dogs point of view it could mean something totally different...

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
hi...from your perspective you perceive a "i wanna go outside look" ,but from the dogs point of view it could mean something totally different...

I've known him since he was 3 days old and have had him since he was 8 weeks old (August 29th 2007) and combined with it being around the time I normally walk him, it's "that" look.

It's also the only time he'll only stare at me.
If he wants a treat for example (which he only gets at set times), he'll try to give me his paw and if he wants attention, he'll grab a toy or put his head on my lap.

His language is simple towards me since he knows from experience that I understand that and that he'll get results (unless I have a important phone call or something) but towards the cat or other dogs, his language is a lot more advanced.
He's half Akita, half 5+ breeds mix (his parents were strays) so a dominant dogs but even in his dominance you can easily see various ways of him handling other dogs. You can see friendships blossoming but also dislike towards those that attack him (he never fights back though, he's a barker, not a biter) or dogs that jump up at me since he's very protective of me.

All I know is that you can learn a lot from animals, and especially your pets, and they do the same.
edit on 9-9-2011 by Amanda81 because: spelling

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmArTbEaTz

Originally posted by DeadLights
We all used to speak one language which was Hebrew if you go by the Hebrew txts.

So are you trying to tell me that the American Indians spoke Hebrew as well as the ancient Chinese? I do not think your statement holds truth. Maybe in that eastern part of the world only, but in other parts of the world they were speaking several different languages.

The world's oldest book in the history of mankind written in Etruscan, the language that is now lost, can be seen in Bulgaria's National Museum of History before Hebrew was spoken.

WOW you really need to go back and read all my responses!

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
On the Jay Leno show someone has decoded part of the mysterious language that animals use to communicate with each other and us.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
when animals listen to us talking to them, all they hear is gibberish and random sounds, exactly the same things i hear when i listen to someone speaking in a language that i dont understand like chinese or russian.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join