It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House, Trance And Chillout Music.

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
A few tunes im listening to at the moment x www.youtube.com...
edit on 31-1-2013 by TheDoctor46 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Youtube Hopefully working now!
edit on 31-1-2013 by TheDoctor46 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDoctor46

I Remember is one of my favorites.

You're welcome.......

edit on 31-1-2013 by DaphneApollo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Ah right wondered why they were not working. Thanks a lot

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
A few tunes im listening to at the moment, Thanks
. You just gotta love Deadmau5

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

edit on 18-2-2013 by DaphneApollo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Used to love this song

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
This is a great documentary on the definitive story of house music from its roots till present day.

edit on 3-9-2011 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

I was going back through this thread and finally watched this documentary that you posted on page 2, I may have watched it then, but don't remember/or it was so new that it didn't make sense to me at that time.

It said that this genre started in Illinois (America) hmmmm, as an underground thing, much like Disco, as I learned later. I was always under the impression it started in the UK/Europe? Interesting!! Thanks for the docu.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by DaphneApollo

The music came from America, and was being played by dj's iin Europe, Ibiza in particularly. British tourists picked it up and brought it back to the UK, where a marriage of music, drugs and cultural circumstances really kicked things off. One of the most important cultural movements in the UK. There was even a nod to its influence in the Olympic opening ceremony.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

The music came from America, and was being played by dj's iin Europe, Ibiza in particularly. British tourists picked it up and brought it back to the UK, where a marriage of music, drugs and cultural circumstances really kicked things off. One of the most important cultural movements in the UK. There was even a nod to its influence in the Olympic opening ceremony.

I didn't know this. I didn't watch the Olympics, is there a video of this moment? This is why I thought it originated from there, because it seems Europe has taken it to a whole new level and made it their own. Good music travels fast.

I also noticed this video on page 2, are you related? I can tell the man to the far left is Ben Watt, and he looks like he doesn't feel well, just my feeling.

edit on 20-2-2013 by DaphneApollo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Good documentary. I hear different stories on how house music started. I hear uk and i also hear chicago. Who ever started it though started something incredible!. I remember watching farley jackmaster funk not far off my home town in Blackpool. He was incredible. Ps i like your style of music Daphne Apollo. This one's on me!. Used to listen to this track in clubs in Manchester England Uk. Every time it came on it felt like you were being transported through space!

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDoctor46

Ps i like your style of music Daphne Apollo.

Thank you, and to think, I only heard of this music two years ago and just fell in love with it. This is almost all I listen to anymore.

edit on 20-2-2013 by DaphneApollo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Ben watt has had serious health issues in the past. He has had an auto immune disease. The guy with him is my brother. He's not the healthiest individual you could meet either, but that's more through his unhealthy lifestyle.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Im into lots of types of music from metal to pop. But house is my favourite. The place where i live is surrounded by major cities. So within 30 mins drive theres clubs pounding out dance music all night long. Even in my town theres a 15 min walk to a couple of clubs. Not that i ever get there much lol

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Ben watt has had serious health issues in the past. He has had an auto immune disease. The guy with him is my brother. He's not the healthiest individual you could meet either, but that's more through his unhealthy lifestyle.

I am sorry to hear that. Hope they will be okay...

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDoctor46

Im into lots of types of music from metal to pop. But house is my favourite. The place where i live is surrounded by major cities. So within 30 mins drive theres clubs pounding out dance music all night long. Even in my town theres a 15 min walk to a couple of clubs. Not that i ever get there much lol

You are alot like me, I can listen to Heavy Metal and Opera at one sitting. You all are lucky, we do not have clubs here where I am at least, there's only hip hop and I don't like hip hop at all, and usually the guns start coming out in these clubs in America. So sad..

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Deepvibes.co.uk
Rinse.fm
Housefm.net

Some good radio stations playing house pretty much 24/7.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join