It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Masons in Milwaukee Area

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Hi all, Im wondering if there are any masons on this board from the milwaukee area. Recently I made a delivery to the 32nd degree/ scottish rights building in Milwaukee and was enthralled by the murals of George Washington and all the medals on the walls. Its seemed as though I was in a ghost town as there was no one milling about, lol.




posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   



posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by s8nlovesme
Its seemed as though I was in a ghost town as there was no one milling about, lol.


It's summertime, and most Masonic and Para-Masonic bodies shut down during July and August.



posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Masonic Light, yes that is exacly where I was. I especially liked the upper floor, where the school is. I absouluty loved looking at all the huge paintings and all the displays of varios medals, cloths, etc....Was weird though. I was buzzed into the entrance and wandered around by myself for 20mins before I found someone to tell me where my delivry went, LOL.

Thanks for the link.

The Humphrey Scottish Rite Masonic Center houses one of the largest private art collections in Wisconsin, primarily gifts from Scottish Rite classes dating back to 1909. Stained glass windows, antiques and artifacts provide a unique setting for meetings and conferences. A collection of historic Masonic aprons, for example, dates back to the Civil War. For these reasons and many others, a national historical registry designation has been awarded to this unique building.

The building has been the home of the Wisconsin Scottish Rite since 1912 when the the cathedral was purchased from Congregational Church and converted for Scottish Rite use. Early leaders of the Scottish Rite included such Milwaukee luminaries as Henry L. Palmer, Frederick Pabst, Robert LaFollette, Joseph Heil Sr., Albert Puelicher and Walter Schroeder.



Can someone explaint to me what scottish rites is?

[edit on 8/22/04 by s8nlovesme]



posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by s8nlovesme
Masonic Light, yes that is exacly where I was. I especially liked the upper floor, where the school is. I absouluty loved looking at all the huge paintings and all the displays of varios medals, cloths, etc....Was weird though. I was buzzed into the entrance and wandered around by myself for 20mins before I found someone to tell me where my delivry went, LOL.


lol...during the day, usually only salaried office employees are there. My Scottish Rite Temple only has 2 full time employees: the General Secretary and office secretary.


Can someone explaint to me what scottish rites is?


The Scottish Rite is a "branch" of Freemasonry. In most of the US, Canada, and UK it is considered (although not completely accurately) an "appendent" body, meaning an organization you can join once you become a Master Mason.

Official website for the Supreme Council 33 of the Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite of Freemasonry, S.J., USA:

www.srmason-sj.org...



posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by s8nlovesme
Hi all, Im wondering if there are any masons on this board from the milwaukee area. Recently I made a delivery to the 32nd degree/ scottish rights building in Milwaukee and was enthralled by the murals of George Washington and all the medals on the walls. Its seemed as though I was in a ghost town as there was no one milling about, lol.


I assume your delivery was during the day. Usually there aren't many people around Masonic buildings during normal working ours. Our meetings (except weekend meetings) tend to be at night (7 p.m, 7:30, etc.) and many Masonic groups only meet one or two nights a month. On those night though there may be dozens of cars in the parking lot and a LOT of people milling around. The Scottish Rite typically has one or two business meetings a month that several people attend and twice a year or so they confer the degrees at meetings called "reunions" Then there will be a LOT of members around.

Regards,



new topics

top topics
 
0

log in

join