It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soft disclosure?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Before i start, i understand the scenario of 'seek and you will find'. So i'm not here to argue the fact that its more then possible to create some kind of hidden story behind a legitimate article or news source etc. I'm not here to debate the legitimacy of disclosure.

What i want to know is, has anyone noticed a slight change in the general media we have been getting lately?

I read a lot of news, multiple times per day, i don't have a specific target, i just look for the interesting topics and ones that have some kind of relevance to society - as well as not using just one news source. But what i have noticed is that there is an influx of NASA related space travel topics and in my local news (here in Australia) there seems to be an influx of media about aliens (putting it bluntly) and how apparently we may anger them if they were to see the state of our society, or earth.

Being skeptic, yet still entirely open (I find it hard to believe something without seeing proof, however i will still always be open to new ideas), i decided to ask my mother a general question about news. Now she doesn't live with me, and she doesn't even live in the same state. When i asked her this she said to me "well now that you mention it, i have noticed an usual amount of alien related news articles in the paper" . I did not mention anything to do wit ET's prior to this conversation, so i did not put that idea in her head to begin with.

So i ask you, have any of you noticed a change in the type of news stories you've been reading lately? This doesn't have to be related to ETs or space travel etc, i am more curious as to whether or not people have noticed some kind of small change.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeforeTheHangmansNoose
What i want to know is, has anyone noticed a slight change in the general media we have been getting lately?

No, nor have I noticed any change in the number of people who are suggesting that disclosure is about to happen.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f7c150129772.jpg[/atsimg]

Google trends doesnt go back to the early 1990's, but the X-Files TV series has a LOT of people convinced that "they were preparing us" and disclosure was about to happen.
Nothing has changed since.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I haven't noticed any change in the news media apart from more activity by NASA and Fermilab. My guess is that because of the US debt crisis they try to raise their profile to avoid budget cuts.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Feels natural to me, if not slow. I mean, we tested for life on Viking over 30 years ago and we have not went back to confirm or deny irrefutably? The man who designed the experiment, Levine, or who is principally responsible for it, now believes the experiment confirmed detection of extraterrestrial life. And other results, like the discovery of a potential circadian rythm in the soil experiments, further bolsters the case for life being there. And this is from old data. Seems very odd to me. I wonder if they worry about us knowing about life on mars? Maybe they're afraid that the environmentalists will prevent us from going to mars if we discover life there?

God forbid that we tamper with the life on mars inadvertently or, worse, intentionally!

Bleh. If this is what they're doing, they lose some of my respect for them. They're halfway responsible for the apathy and delirium on this planet. Maybe people aren't ready, but keeping them in the dark about something so incredible and implicating is a sure fire sign that they have a kind of god complex. Reminds me of the heisenberg uncertainty principle. By observing and controlling for peoples ways, they unintentionally encourage the very thing they doth protest.

But this is all speculation and I am in left field doing this. They don't deserve any wrath, yet.
edit on 2-9-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
S & F

Yes, I have noticed the 'ever-so-slight; change in the way that the media discusses the topic on Aliens & UFO's.

It seems like just 2 years ago, the topic was being ridiculed an mocked anytime it made headlines;

Anchor 1:"Today, some people reported a bright, shiny object hovering at (x) airport. Many think it was a UFO..."
Anchor 2:"Exactly,,,they actually believe that Earth is being visited by 'little green men' from a far away planet...."
Anchor 1
giggling) "I wonder if the aliens were on some mission" (smirking)
Anchor 2: "They want to be 'taken to our leader'...let's give them a map of DC...."

Both anchors laugh and smile as they introduce the next headline......

Now, with all the new evidence that life existing elsewhere is not a far fetched idea ( Mars soil, Mars rover pics, Climate and seasons on Mars, DNA on comets, planets that are similar to Earth and the MANY many new accounts of UFO activity), its kinda hard to continue giggling through the segments..

Now conversations go more like this...

Anchor 1; "Today, a mysterious object was seen hovering over (x) airport. Many citizens saw this and the FAA nor the military can vouch for the craft being theirs.'
Anchor 2: 'Yes. I actually saw the footage earlier and it definately does not look like any regular craft that I've ever seen...
Anchor: "We'll keep you updated as we gather more information...."

I think that with shows such as Ancient Aliens, for one, gaining so much popularity and people becoming more and more interested in the cosmos, the TPTB know that the pill is getting easier to swallow.....

We are not alone and have never been.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by BeforeTheHangmansNoose

Sure there's more programming geared towards UFO/Alien conspiracy's etc and it's simply because there's more media, period. 1,000 TV channels and the internet?!?!?! ... even still, cable programming is based on one thing only...making money.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Personally, I've been noticing peaks and troughs as far as the MSM coverage of UFOs & ETs go since the 90's.

I will add this though. I think if there ever were to be a full disclosure about the existence of this stuff, it would most definitely be a "soft" one.

I mean think about the backlash that would happen if the major governments of the world came out and said, "yeah, this stuff is real, and we've known about it for roughly 50 years or more". No one would be happy about the ruling elite lying to the public all this time. Trust would be blown out the water (as if they didn't already have trust issues with the public).

So yeah, if disclosure ever happens, my money is on a long term and "soft" disclosure.

Good post OP

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   

I'm in agreeance with ya. I think the release of the FBIs Vault, the MSMs attention on UFOs, & everything else in between could very well be a form of soft disclosure.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
One other article i found that lead me to consider soft disclosure was one posted on space.com where they say "Hollywood has Alien fever"

I understand we are essentially entering the space age, which is absolutely fantastic, but the idea of 'aliens' in any sense, regardless of how you look at it, seems to be the main point of interest in these films.

I'm interested to know just how many 'alien' related films there are these days, compared to say 5 years ago. Because regardless of time, man has always had a love and sheer fascination of extra terrestrial experiences which only seems to be getting stronger.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   

I'm interested to know just how many 'alien' related films there are these days, compared to say 5 years ago.

Internet Movie Database has a "keyword" search feature.
So... movies, sorted by year, with the keyword 'alien'...
IMDB

2000 = 14
2001 = 13
2002 = 12
2003 = 15
2004 = 9
2005 = 16
2006 = 18
2007 = 19
2008 = 26
2009 = 34
2010 = 25
2011 = 30

Sure is a lot more 'alien' movies around nowdays, but maybe it also has a lot to do with the fact that there are more movies in general of every category being made. The list above includes 'shorts', which anyone with a digital camera and software can do nowdays whereas 10 years ago it would have been real (expensive) film work.
If somebody would like to do a similar list for 'comedy' or 'drama' this theory could be tested to see if the 'alien'; category is higher as a percentage.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

I'm interested to know just how many 'alien' related films there are these days, compared to say 5 years ago.

Internet Movie Database has a "keyword" search feature.
So... movies, sorted by year, with the keyword 'alien'...
IMDB

2000 = 14
2001 = 13
2002 = 12
2003 = 15
2004 = 9
2005 = 16
2006 = 18
2007 = 19
2008 = 26
2009 = 34
2010 = 25
2011 = 30

Sure is a lot more 'alien' movies around nowdays, but maybe it also has a lot to do with the fact that there are more movies in general of every category being made. The list above includes 'shorts', which anyone with a digital camera and software can do nowdays whereas 10 years ago it would have been real (expensive) film work.
If somebody would like to do a similar list for 'comedy' or 'drama' this theory could be tested to see if the 'alien'; category is higher as a percentage.

great post! I never thought about checking imdb, will have a bit of a browse later on.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
I check this site to tell 'Asylum studios' to stop making movies - the crappiest amateur studio that makes parodies and cheap amateur wannabes of famous movies such as Avatar, Battle: LA, Thor.

But that's what I thought too, the number of alien related movies has increased, I noticed it myself. Is it an attempt to bring disclosure to people's minds? Maybe, but these are just producers no one knows if something is to be revealed any time soon
edit on 3-9-2011 by Imtor because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by mazeofSiriusC

Sure there's more programming geared towards UFO/Alien conspiracy's etc and it's simply because there's more media, period. 1,000 TV channels and the internet?!?!?! ... even still, cable programming is based on one thing only...making money.

Correct, their only objective is to make money and they are providing these types of programs because this is something that many people are interested in. Do you think they make these shows on the history channel or the science channel because there is only a fringe interest in the subject? No they make them because there is great interest. The shows will get viewers and the advertisers will keep sponsoring these types of shows because they get viewers.
I do know that I've seen Nick Popes face an awful lot lately. So much so that my husband even knows who he is and he has little interest in UFO's or the subject.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

I think its safe to say that the tv program is out to make money, thats what they do. So you have take it lightl. The media is controlled.... so the "content" would be controlled.... But based on that problem, I dont think we could use what we see in the media as evidence for something.

top topics

join