It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to tip in restaurants..

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by IBM
Hmm im waiting for Esther to show up and comment on this thread. I think she is a waiter or something.

Doesn't matter about Esther, you better tip well, you're IBM for cryin out load.

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Perhaps most of the posters here are younger and have not seen the suggested tip go from 10% to 15% to 20% while the prices of the food have gone up in accordance, but some things need to be kept in perspective.

Now let me say that I do not think it to be fair that waiters/waitreses do not make minimum wage. They should be payed for the job that they do. With that said, I get no tips for doing a good or bad job. I get payed or I get fired. It is as simple as that.

If someone is particularly upbeat and pleasent (even if the food is not prompt because that is the cooks fault most of the time), I will give 15%. However I have the same problems as you: Rent/morgage, college debt, credit card bills, utilities, car bills, etc. Why should one person get extra when another does not. We are all in the same corporate bitch boat in the US. Deal with it and stop complaining or get a new job. Life isn't fair and I never said it was.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join