It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Only Racist Thinking Believes ....in the notion of assimilation?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by RadeonGFXRHumanGTXisAlien

Maybe you walk around acting the same way you post on here..

That would certainly explain the cool response you'd get from Aussies..

They don't take a shining to arrogance.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

Maybe you walk around acting the same way you post on here..

That would certainly explain the cool response you'd get from Aussies..

They don't take a shining to arrogance.

Nope, i'm polite, and kind in the real.
Australians are just cold and, like i said, highly anti social and rude.
Australians don't take a shinning to reasoning is that what you were trying to say?

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   

I just don't know, I seem to have no worries making friends where ever I go..
Though I'm not 19, 5'3" and 150lbs with a chip on my shoulders..

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
If anything that further adds to what im saying.
So are you implying because im small, australians wouldn't like me?

Because australians are soooo open minded right.

Not that i would trade my height for being a tall tradie, i rather be small, and attend university, then be a 6'0 goon, who plays football, drinks beer and is a tradesmen, there's just no future in that.

It's not physical strength, royalty or the right "conections" or the laughable, "if your born in england", that wins in life anymore, it's intellect that wins, now your in ma' house son.
edit on 4-9-2011 by RadeonGFXRHumanGTXisAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   

lol, don't assume you're smarter than everyone else..
No one is, well obviously one person on the whole planet is.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
No, im just saying those who have to prove their self worth by strength, royalty, or simply being born in a place, i am smarter than them.
I know no one is the smartest, i know im the not the smartest, it was in relation to them, said in that context.
BTW, the most intelligence person on this planet, is so, through due to gene splicing

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Assimilation doesn't neccessarily mean forgetting who you are and where you cam from.

What it does mean is accepting some of the ideals of the country you have immigrated to. To survive as a country, you need to share some common ground and common goals.

Here in the USA, Californians are different than say many people in NC...or Northerners are different than say Southerners....

However, we share a common belief that in life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness... so, if you want to maintain your Chinese or Irish or italian culure go for it...but we hold to the idea that you have the freedom to do so. And that as an American citizen, you have certain rights irregardless of race, creed, religion, or point of origin.

In time, the original culture becomes assimilated into the whole of the country...and the common culture is always transforming.

Here in the USA, Hispanics are coming to the US... I come into contact with many Hispanics...and it always amuses me to see the children interpreting English to Spanish for the parents and grand parents.... The Adult immigrants still maintain the persona of Mexico...but the children....typical and I mean typical everyday American kids... with their SpongeBob T-Shirts...sports sneakers... Levi blue jeans...you wouldn't be able to pick them out of a bunch of kids in the mall...

Basically, we do the the new immigrants what we did to the old immigrants... adapt and adopt....

The hamburger and hotdog were of german origin...we Americanized it...Taco Bell...Pizza Hut... Chef Boy Ar Dee... O'Reily's Auto Parts...

The fears and arguments made 100 and even 200 years ago about immigrants are the same now....

I personally know a good guy, Ahmed...from Egypt and a proud Muslim...runs a pizza shop in a small southern town near where I live. Makes great pizza...and that's from my wife from NJ....and on the walls of his shop are pics and memerobilia of the Beatles, Cape Hatteras Light House, Richard Petty, and Mecca...talk about ecclectic... he has assimilated.

Change comes with time...and so does assimilation

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Thanks for your thoughts.

So what country are you from then?

You bag this place yet you're studying here? Bit ungrateful really, you're lucky Australian Uni's are so accepting of foreign students, other countries are not so.

But look, I'm seeing a common theme with your posts...you post a lot of opinion as if it's fact.

The problem is that when you say things like the Playstation was released in the 80's it's hard to take anything you say seriously.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I was born in 92' so i don't see what was so great about the united states or any country for that matter prior to the 80's at least, nothing would have appealed to me from any place, they had nothing to offer, other than "themeparks" or some "sights" which are missable.
Playstations, laser tag etc are great leisure activities, and Biomed is to know more about life, immortality, i want to know about how the human body works and how to improve it even more.
Countries which invest heavily, and are active in contributing and advancing, gaming, lasertag/paintball and Biochemistry are good countries imo, australia just lacks terribly in this, and its not going to improve.

I'm studying here yes, but thats because i have to, hey i had to go through primary school, and high school in this damn place, so im definitely going to finish it of in university, which is what im doing.

All universities over the world are accepting, if your smart enough to do the work, then you should be allowed in, that is how it should work, studying abroad isn't just as easy as being "accepted" there are limited places, and you have to be in the top of the class to study abroad, so it's not like other countries are just going to accept you, point blank, you need to prove yourself that your capable, in the first few years of university, australia and no country has given me a free ride, or anything for free, it was earned, i wasn't just "accepted".

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gravity215
25% of people living in Australia where not born here. Thats a lot of immigration. And I think you have your own evidently leftist dink academia subgroup who sit around all day drinking in coffee shops bitching about the rest of us, pegged as the majority, which it is not.

If I have a superiority complex where bogans are concerned, the reason why is fairly simple. Unlike them, I don't do the following things.

a] I don't abuse drugs or alcohol.
b] I don't, while under the influence of the above, go out and actively seek violence, due to boredom because of not being sufficiently intelligent to be able to find something more constructive to do.
c] I'm not a white supremacist racist, who tries to hide said racism under the pretext of insisting that immigrants learn English and otherwise become bogans themselves.

Boganism is not a legitimate form of culture. If you want to try and come up with an Australian culture that revolves around more than, as mentioned, football, violence, junk food, and the abuse of drugs and alcohol, then we can talk about you having a culture that needs to be defended from immigrants.

Right now, however, you don't have one.

I think you really must live under a rock, this was not an isolated incident, its a daily incident. This one got a lot of press for whatever reason, maybe all the video footage made for a good separatism themed for the MSM because it showed a lot of immigrants acting like a mob of thugs.

I do engage in a fair amount of effort to isolate myself from Australian society, yes; for the reasons I've already mentioned.

Islam is one area where you *will* get some genuine sympathy from me; the more I read about that religion, the more it is starting to look like a seventh century, Arabic version of the Church of Scientology.

Perhaps you should talk to people outside your circle of friends and learn about the real world.

I've tried that. The result was that I was surprised that I managed to live past 30. The single main reason why I largely do not go near my fellow Australians now, is for the sake of my physical safety.
edit on 4-9-2011 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

Good god petrus4, you used common sense, logic and real life evidence in an argument against an australian....oooooo they're not going to like that.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by RadeonGFXRHumanGTXisAlien
If anything that further adds to what im saying.
So are you implying because im small, australians wouldn't like me?

Because australians are soooo open minded right.

Not that i would trade my height for being a tall tradie, i rather be small, and attend university, then be a 6'0 goon, who plays football, drinks beer and is a tradesmen, there's just no future in that.

You have a real thing about Tradesmen don't you. Im not even going to bother taking apart your story here, but i will deduce this.

You had some kind of disagreement with a stereo typical lower-middle class tradesman, perhaps he stole your girlfriend. The level of bitterness you display is saddening to say the least, i pity you living like this. I expect you will probably feel the same no matter where you go. I hope you don't. It wouldn't be much of a life.

You also seem to have a thing about doctors. I know plenty of Australian doctors. You probably live in the middle of a high multi culture centre, did you even consider that? I also expect you are probably poor. You're probably even using the internet in the library since you claim its slow. I live in the country on a farm and have a nice 24meg connection to my home.

Good luck saving for a ticket.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

reply to post by petrus4

Good god petrus4, you used common sense, logic and real life evidence in an argument against an australian....oooooo they're not going to like that.

Yes he sounds like a typical Australian rite. Anti social? But you like this one?

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4

Originally posted by Gravity215
25% of people living in Australia where not born here. Thats a lot of immigration. And I think you have your own evidently leftist dink academia subgroup who sit around all day drinking in coffee shops bitching about the rest of us, pegged as the majority, which it is not.

If I have a superiority complex where bogans are concerned, the reason why is fairly simple. Unlike them, I don't do the following things.

a] I don't abuse drugs or alcohol.
b] I don't, while under the influence of the above, go out and actively seek violence, due to boredom because of not being sufficiently intelligent to be able to find something more constructive to do.
c] I'm not a white supremacist racist, who tries to hide said racism under the pretext of insisting that immigrants learn English and otherwise become bogans themselves.

Boganism is not a legitimate form of culture. If you want to try and come up with an Australian culture that revolves around more than, as mentioned, football, violence, junk food, and the abuse of drugs and alcohol, then we can talk about you having a culture that needs to be defended from immigrants.

Right now, however, you don't have one.

I think you really must live under a rock, this was not an isolated incident, its a daily incident. This one got a lot of press for whatever reason, maybe all the video footage made for a good separatism themed for the MSM because it showed a lot of immigrants acting like a mob of thugs.

I do engage in a fair amount of effort to isolate myself from Australian society, yes; for the reasons I've already mentioned.

Islam is one area where you *will* get some genuine sympathy from me; the more I read about that religion, the more it is starting to look like a seventh century, Arabic version of the Church of Scientology.

Perhaps you should talk to people outside your circle of friends and learn about the real world.

I've tried that. The result was that I was surprised that I managed to live past 30. The single main reason why I largely do not go near my fellow Australians now, is for the sake of my physical safety.
edit on 4-9-2011 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

Wow i havent heard the term bogans since i was in high school. Are you suggesting that anybody who speaks English and drinks is a bogan? Is Rupart Murdock a bogan? He certainly speaks in public like one. I dunno about that, but when I was in school and I last heard the term, we'd describe bogans as Australia's version of Rednecks.

Are all Americans rednecks? I guess if you lived in the states you'd have to isolate yourself there too? Whats the UK version, East enders or something, i dunno. Maybe somebody can tell us all about cliche's and generalizations from around the world?

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Rupert Murdoch sounds like some uneducated redneck, the only thing that differs, is that he has a myriad of stolen and undeserved money, you don't think he's smart do you?
He sounds like the majority of people here in australia that i run into on a daily basis, always loving the sound of their voice.

Lol, no i don't use the internet at the library, right here at home,
My ISP is Optus, 100mbps, ADSL+2 broadband and a 150gb cap, it's standard internet, but priced ridiculously high.
And it doesn't matter if its the one available here, it COULD be better, many other 1st world countries have much superior internet with no caps, for a better price.

Not really tradesmen, i was just pointing it out, australians really in general are like that, but, tradesmen or people with commerce related degrees are much more profound, they seem to have this self entitlement and an undeserved warrant of self accomplisment.

Hmm i don't think Petrus4 is a "true aussie", i mean you can tell from his post, true patriotic aussies can't see past their stubborn patriotic-ness to even criticize australia.

I'd say i'm poor yes, compared to what others have, yes i would say im poor, but i have enough to study abroad, both for the tickets and expenses, then eventually transfer, and get a job in a new country, a good one at that, not australia.
Most people my age, have a car already, i have saved 7k for studying abroad, im committed to this son.
But hey poor is only temporary when you can get a degree.

And nope he didn't still my girlfriend.
Don't feel pity for me, as i won't feel the same way wherever i go, australia is a unique country, a country where intelligence is devoid, where common sense and logic is denied, i'm just glad it's in it's own little area, a congregation of rude and anti social people in the southern hemisphere, with no real contribution to anything.
I won't miss it, this country is missable, like i said, there is nothing good about it, it's just a really bad joke, in really bad taste.
Truly, as you go down under....you really do go down under.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Haha, that info was easy to extract ;p I do pity you. Not so much for your situation, im rather impressed that you have saved 7k at your age. I remember being a spoiled little brat at that age too, although i had women too spend my money on. I probably sounded like you too. Best of luck with your endevours.

Back on thread i guess, Graphics card child here is the perfect example of free speech you can have in this country when you are a spoiled rotten little kid who things the world owes them everything. His behavior here is similar to what ive seen during my career from immigrants sometimes. Its one of the great things about this country.

The fact that we tolerate it, regardless of how he claims he'd be bashed. His comments are evidents that he's not really fearful at all because as everybody here reading this knows he's and alot of immigrant workers ive had working for me are making most of what their claims up.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Yes well most australians are spoiled brats, so you would remember it.
Nope, me and australians operate on 2 different extremes.

Must be nice being old huh, that's another thing why im studying biology, immortality, australia has wasted a lot of my life, life that isn't expendable, since we have a limit, Biochemistry can break those limits and make it expendable, by making life infinite...achieving immortality.

Australia and free speech?

LOL hahahah, im not even going to reply to that, delusions make me laugh.

I don't think the world owes me anything, i've never thought that.
You sure it's the behaviour of immigrants?
And not australians?
Im pretty sure australian have a greater than thou, the worlds owes me everything attitude, don't point the finger buddy.
What immigrants work for you?
And where do you work?
And aren't white aussies immigrants?
No, no, your right, they were always here, it was the Aboriginals that tried to kill of australians.

"One of the great things about this country"? < - - - does not compute

Thanks for the wishes.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

Hey Dude,

Also with respect I would say if you want to live the life your living why go to another country?
There are exceptions to the rule, for instance if your placed somewhere temporarily for work or something similar but when you choose to leave your former country behind I think its a slap in the face of YOUR CHOSEN country when you reject its culture.
Im not suggesting people should forget or reject their own cultures or customs but some form of assimilation is just courtesy.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Thats the thing
You compare australia to a 3rd world country, why?
Australia has better living standards than a 3rd world country, but there are many 1st world countries that are much better to live in than australia.

Nope, it's you, just acknowledge it

Well, my point was, be grateful dude!

and just wow again to the rest of your posts.

I'm not patriotic in the least- dont know the words to our national anthem, not really up on Australian history, dont eat meat pies, dont say oi oi, dont drink at pubs, dont even drink beer, hate sport. the list goes on.

I havent lived in another country, this is what I know. but I do know we're doing a hell of a lot better than a lot of other first world countries. Go to America, see how great it is there. or maybe England- really great there too.

You have a bad attitude and it's no small wonder people don't like you. there I said it. How does someone so young get so judgemental. Sad.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Australia and free speech?

LOL hahahah, im not even going to reply to that, delusions make me laugh.

Granted I suppose. The media beats up on anybody who states things as they are rather than how they seem to the politically correct morons.

I don't think the world owes me anything, i've never thought that.

You think a 100meg internet connection is slow, you think your poor even when u have disposable income of 150$ a month so you can sook on forums about how hard up you are, while 1/2 the worlds population lives off $2 a day. You rant about delusions of immortality. You sound arrogant and obnoxious as well as delusional.

You sure it's the behaviour of immigrants?
And not australians?

I was just pointing out that immigrants 'i have worked with' not all, have acted within their own cultural restraints ignoring Australian way and laws. (ie.. i was manager of a large technical it department for a multinational operating in regional Australia for 6 years or so. During that time the worst workers where 5 Indians, 1 Irishman, and 1 Australian. And by worst i mean productivity, taking alot of time to perform tasks. I found that every Indian lied grossly on their resume's and they would mistreat women.

One time a fellow said (in front of the entire office full of admin girls) 'All women belong beneath my boot.' another was beating his sister in front of me and called me gay and threatened to kill me when i told him to stop it, because men are alloud to beat on women apparently. I was his boss too.

Like i said., this was just my experience and we also had plenty of very hard working individuals with a great deal of skill. One of the best programmers on my team was Chinese Malaysian and he loves Australia. He went home 15 years ago and we still chat on MSN daily.

And yes I agree, some Australians are pretty slack, and apathetic, but thats sort of part of the culture that you evidently do not comprehend. In my experience it only seems to be the recent crop of uni grads who all think the world owes them everything, more a sign of the times rather than a racial origin thing IMO

And aren't white aussies immigrants?
No, no, your right, they were always here, it was the Aboriginals that tried to kill of australians.

No immigrants are people who where not born here and moved here from another country. We have plenty of white immigrants and we have plenty of Asian, Indian, Greek, etc citizens thanks who are as patriotic as meat pies and work harder than you ever could.

One of the great things about this country

Yes, thats right. We have freedom of speech (to a degree). You can go out in public and say whatever you like and the government will not hang you. Try that in China. Hold up a 'Free Tibet' sign and walk around screaming to the moon about immortality over there and see how long till you're in a organ donor ship bus.

edit on 5-9-2011 by Gravity215 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join