It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Singapore backs Beijing on Taiwan

page: 3
0
<< 1  2   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by zcheng

Originally posted by jazzmaster
Aircrafts carriers are enough to act as runways. Bombers can be launched from Hawaii. Troops can be dropped off by ships onto Taiwan. Like i said, those countries will be not be involved directly because the US can handle it militarily, Japan and South Korea can act as advisors, suppliers, trainers, and border patrol.


Have notice a recent leaked news about Chinese missile test? They are capable to take out Carriers. Do you know why US carriers withrew hundreds of miles in 1996? To some Carrier is invincible, to someone else Carrier may just be a floating coffin. Chinese forces are practicing a lot to sink Carriers since a long time ago.


No and i would love it if you could provide me a link to it. Thanks




posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jazzmaster
No and i would love it if you could provide me a link to it. Thanks

Following is a report in Chinese.
www.wforum.com...



posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by zcheng

Originally posted by jazzmaster
No and i would love it if you could provide me a link to it. Thanks

Following is a report in Chinese.
www.wforum.com...


I can't read Chinese



posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jazzmaster
I can't read Chinese

Sorry I do not have a link or analysis in English.



posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I think i got the article translated ( Im proud of myself)





The domestic product precise cruise missile test fire is successful

China succeeds the testfire by "the precision to be high from star guiding the new missile,the western expert refers to it is extremely" "East China Sea ten" thecruise missile, the firing distance if amounts to 3,000 kilometers,may cover the American Guam and the Japanese base. On the other hand,guards against Taiwan regarding Australian Minister of Foreign AffairsDowner in the association in the standpoint to back down, the UnitedStates State Department refuses to comment, reiterated Americanposition peace solves the Taiwan sea problem.

Chinese aerospace branch labor group third research institute'sResearcher Feng Dawei disclosed on the other day that, a People'sLiberation Army success test fire new missile, "accurately hits thetarget by the extremely high hit precision", arrives personally launchsite Central Military Committee Vice-President Cao Gangchuan toappraise highly, commended grinds the team to establish the greatmerit. American Atlantic's council Researcher in the Liao articlepointed out that, this test fire after August 10, believed is thethird generation cruise missile "East China Sea ten", the test firesuccess demonstrated the China cruise missile already to be able withfrom north star positioning system segment. "Treasure Year" pointedout that, the People's Liberation Army second generation of cruisemissile firing distance is approximately 1,400 to 1,800 kilometers,can achieve five meters accuracies. The expert pointed out, if "EastChina Sea ten" the firing distance amounts to 3,000 kilometers, maycover the American Guam and the Japanese base.

America resists to respond Australian minister of foreign affairs theopinion

Australian Minister of Foreign Affairs Downer day before yesterdayvisited when Beijing indicated, only then raided only then can startwhen Australia and US "Aoniu America Security treaty", other placesmilitary activities could not automatically start the treaty. UnitedStates State Department vice- spokesperson Egypt Rayleigh yesterdaywas not willing to comment the Downer opinion directly, but pointedout US was very clear to the Taiwan Straits tension standpoint,reiterated hoped the Taiwan sea question peace solution, opposed usedthe military force.

In Beijing, Politbureau member concurrently nation PoliticalConsultative Conference President Jia Qinglin, yesterday met Americanformer House of Representatives speaker the kimche leadership Americanforeign policy council delegation. Jia Qinglin stressed that, theTaiwan problem is the Chinese and American Guanzhong is most importantand the most sensitive question, hoped the US earnestly fulfills toChinese government's serious pledge.


The test didn't seem to be leaked to me, but it won't give more information on the test.

[edit on 27-8-2004 by jazzmaster]



posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by jazzmaster
The test didn't seem to be leaked to me, but it won't give more information on the test.


You are great to translate that into English. It is not "leaked", because the news is released by the government. It is "leaked", because releasing it at this sensitive time, China wants potential participants understands the capability of China. If everything is in public knowledge, there will be no need to have CIA, FBI, etc.



posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by zcheng

Originally posted by jazzmaster
We may be able to strangle the imported goods from coming in from the sea, indeed. China's importer partners are all pro-West and they all recognize Taiwan's independence may be except Germany. It is not who is right about what anymore, because surely China is dismissing history of Taiwan. It is now the battle of power, of who is more powerful in the end. China wants nothing more from Taiwan than its economy, nothing more. Who wants to invade a poor country and then make it a part of you and then you have to carry its burderns?


Which nation recoginize Taiwan as a nation? With such a strong support as you said, why Taiwan is still not a member in UN as all other sovereign nations do? Do not masterb. all the time.
I hate to say this but you are right on this point . If Taiwan had the diplomatic support. mentioned above then they would declare inderpendence tomorrow.



posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by zcheng

Originally posted by jazzmaster
We may be able to strangle the imported goods from coming in from the sea, indeed. China's importer partners are all pro-West and they all recognize Taiwan's independence may be except Germany. It is not who is right about what anymore, because surely China is dismissing history of Taiwan. It is now the battle of power, of who is more powerful in the end. China wants nothing more from Taiwan than its economy, nothing more. Who wants to invade a poor country and then make it a part of you and then you have to carry its burderns?


Which nation recoginize Taiwan as a nation? With such a strong support as you said, why Taiwan is still not a member in UN as all other sovereign nations do? Do not masterb. all the time.


Which countries are against Taiwan declaring independence? Which countries are for Taiwain declaring indepedence? If you look at it this way, China and the US are the only countries that have their opinion made up. For over a decade now, China has been blocking Taiwanese from gaining membership in the UN. I guess if Taiwan gained membership, the issue would be on the table of the U.N. General Assembly, that would give Taiwan the advantage. It's not a matter of if Tainwan can gain diplomatic support, it's a matter of when.

On 9 August 1993, seven Latin-American nations sent a letter to UN ecretary-general Boutros Boutros-Ghali, urging him to put the matter of Taiwan on the agenda of the upcoming 48th session of the UN General Assembly. China of course, saying the matter is internal affair.
They replied


The question of Taiwan is the internal affairs of China (sic) in which no country has the right to interfere.


When you want support, you go to the world. But when Taiwan wants it, you simply dismiss it. How is that fair?

[edit on 28-8-2004 by jazzmaster]



posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by jazzmaster
Which countries are against Taiwan declaring independence? Which countries are for Taiwain declaring indepedence? If you look at it this way, China and the US are the only countries that have their opinion made up. For over a decade now, China has been blocking Taiwanese from gaining membership in the UN. I guess if Taiwan gained membership, the issue would be on the table of the U.N. General Assembly, that would give Taiwan the advantage. It's not a matter of if Tainwan can gain diplomatic support, it's a matter of when.

Most China recognize One China Policy, and against Taiwan Independence.
You believe Taiwan will be a member of UN. I say Taiwan will never be a member of UN. Let's have patience and see who is right.



posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by zcheng

Originally posted by jazzmaster
No and i would love it if you could provide me a link to it. Thanks

Following is a report in Chinese.
www.wforum.com...


What a bunch of garbage. It is in the Chinese psudocharacters known as Simplified Script. Quite obvious that this is a bunch of Chinese propoganda with little or no basis in fact. Try a credible source of information.

Oh yeah, that's right. zcheng is so afraid of the truth that I am on his ignored list. What a place of honor I have.



new topics

top topics



 
0
<< 1  2   >>

log in

join