It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Singapore backs Beijing on Taiwan

page: 2
0
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11
Taiwan should be seen as an independent state but the world dosnt have the guts to stand up to china. Now Im not one of these people who protest this & that war but isnt it a bit lame when Bush speakes of democracy in Iraq when he gives his support to china a dictatorship.
P.S. this is not just a chance for some bush bashing I am aware it has been like this since the 1970s.


I wish US has the gut to recognize Taiwan as a full sovereign nation and Taiwan has the guts declare outright Independence with name like "Republic of Taiwan", not using name like "Republic of China" or recent "Taiwan, ROC". So the Unification war will start in earnest and China will be One.




posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 11:51 PM
link   
The reunification of China is a must,it has nothing to do with democracy or
dictatorship,but I don't want china to go into another civil war(there has been enough last century),I hope those Taiwan leaders will not declare independence so as to give peace a chance.



posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by suihx
The reunification of China is a must,it has nothing to do with democracy or
dictatorship,but I don't want china to go into another civil war(there has been enough last century),I hope those Taiwan leaders will not declare independence so as to give peace a chance.
Wheather or nor Taiwan declares its independence there will be a war between the two countries. If the USA fights along side tawian it would spell economic doom and the end of the reds regime. Much would depend on the involvement of Australia and Singapore in any conflict in the region.



posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11
Wheather or nor Taiwan declares its independence there will be a war between the two countries. If the USA fights along side tawian it would spell economic doom and the end of the reds regime. Much would depend on the involvement of Australia and Singapore in any conflict in the region.


It is just the restart of the unfinished civil war. If US dear to interfere, it will spell the end of US superpower. US lose the world, China will unify with a destroyed Taiwan. Australia and Singapore has declared they will not support Taiwan, if war breakout because of Taiwan Independence.



posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 07:47 AM
link   
zcheng you forgot that china imports all its oil iron ore, natural gas, e.t.c a naval blockade would strangle china. Where dose japan stand on this issue? Even if the yanks coudnt use there bases in japan they would still have the resouces to strangle china it would just take a longer amount of time.



posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11
zcheng you forgot that china imports all its oil iron ore, natural gas, e.t.c a naval blockade would strangle china. Where dose japan stand on this issue? Even if the yanks coudnt use there bases in japan they would still have the resouces to strangle china it would just take a longer amount of time.


That is the reason why China building new pipeline from central asia through land. China also has large reserves and production to sustain major comsumption. In case, US do blockade all sea traffic, Japan will also be strangled. I doubt US can and would do that. Do not forget China has strong submarine forces. With missiles, China may take out carriers within 3000 Km from the boundary of China. There are latest leak on such capability.

Japan of course likes a independent Taiwan. Taiwan was under Japan occupation for 50 years. If Japan dear to attack PLA, China will reserve all options for it. At end of the day, there is a possibility that Japan may end in the bottom of Pacific. Considering the atrocity done by Japan and the strong resentment among Chinese people due to Japanese inability to acknowledge their crime against China, all retaliation means are justified and will be supported.



posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 08:29 AM
link   
You forgot that the yanks have a strong submarine force as well. Dose the Pipeline pass throu any countries other then china? If so chances are the pipeline would be cut off during war time.



posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by zcheng

Originally posted by xpert11
zcheng you forgot that china imports all its oil iron ore, natural gas, e.t.c a naval blockade would strangle china. Where dose japan stand on this issue? Even if the yanks coudnt use there bases in japan they would still have the resouces to strangle china it would just take a longer amount of time.


That is the reason why China building new pipeline from central asia through land. China also has large reserves and production to sustain major comsumption. In case, US do blockade all sea traffic, Japan will also be strangled. I doubt US can and would do that. Do not forget China has strong submarine forces. With missiles, China may take out carriers within 3000 Km from the boundary of China. There are latest leak on such capability.

Japan of course likes a independent Taiwan. Taiwan was under Japan occupation for 50 years. If Japan dear to attack PLA, China will reserve all options for it. At end of the day, there is a possibility that Japan may end in the bottom of Pacific. Considering the atrocity done by Japan and the strong resentment among Chinese people due to Japanese inability to acknowledge their crime against China, all retaliation means are justified and will be supported.

mmm You could strangle china with out doing any economic harm to japan(other then the lost market place for Japanese goods.) in terms of geography japan isnt close enough to china for your argument to work.



posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11
mmm You could strangle china with out doing any economic harm to japan(other then the lost market place for Japanese goods.) in terms of geography japan isnt close enough to china for your argument to work.


How far away is Japan to China, and what the ranges of Chinese Missiles? In an all-out war for survival, all weapons in the arsenal will be used. China will never want to invade Japan, the easier thing would be just wiping Japan out of the face of the planet. In times of all-out war, anything is possible.



posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Sounds like the blitz on london during 1940 the damage done only harden the resolve of the population to win the war. You would attack japan if it didnt become involved in any Taiwan/china conflict. That is the fast road to defeat it would bring the likes of Australia & Singapore into the conflict and open up the big can of worms the Invasion of Hong Kong.....



posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11
Sounds like the blitz on london during 1940 the damage done only harden the resolve of the population to win the war. You would attack japan if it didnt become involved in any Taiwan/china conflict. That is the fast road to defeat it would bring the likes of Australia & Singapore into the conflict and open up the big can of worms the Invasion of Hong Kong.....


Who said China will attack Japan, if japan did become involved in any Taiwan/china conflict? If Japan attack PLA, the retaliation will be swift and severe.



posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by zcheng
Who said China will attack Japan, if japan did become involved in any Taiwan/china conflict? If Japan attack PLA, the retaliation will be swift and severe.


You have said so in several forums. In fact you predict doom in several for anybody that helps the US defend Taiwan agains the agression of the CHiCOms



posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Can we talk about something else rather than militarily? Sure physical force is the way to go but there are many ways the US can strangle China without using force. China import partners are ranked:
Japan 18.1%
Taiwan 12.8%
South Korea 9.7%
US 9.2%
Germany 5.6%

While the US imports from China only 11%. It seems funny that everthing we pick up is from China but we import from:
Canada 17.8%
Mexico 11.3%
China 11.1%
Japan 10.4%
Germany 5.3%

We may be able to strangle the imported goods from coming in from the sea, indeed. China's importer partners are all pro-West and they all recognize Taiwan's independence may be except Germany. It is not who is right about what anymore, because surely China is dismissing history of Taiwan. It is now the battle of power, of who is more powerful in the end. China wants nothing more from Taiwan than its economy, nothing more. Who wants to invade a poor country and then make it a part of you and then you have to carry its burderns?




Originally posted by FredT

Originally posted by zcheng
Who said China will attack Japan, if japan did become involved in any Taiwan/china conflict? If Japan attack PLA, the retaliation will be swift and severe.


You have said so in several forums. In fact you predict doom in several for anybody that helps the US defend Taiwan agains the agression of the CHiCOms




I agree with ya 100%

[edit on 27-8-2004 by jazzmaster]



posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by jazzmaster

Originally posted by FredT

Originally posted by zcheng
Who said China will attack Japan, if japan did become involved in any Taiwan/china conflict? If Japan attack PLA, the retaliation will be swift and severe.


You have said so in several forums. In fact you predict doom in several for anybody that helps the US defend Taiwan agains the agression of the CHiCOms




I agree with ya 100%



Yes. If US planes attacking Chinese forces take off from Japan bases, those bases will be attacked and destroyed. If Japan directly attack Chinese forces, the four Japanese islands will be attacked. So Japan should be extremely cautious in its involvement in Taiwan strait affairs.



posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by jazzmaster
We may be able to strangle the imported goods from coming in from the sea, indeed. China's importer partners are all pro-West and they all recognize Taiwan's independence may be except Germany. It is not who is right about what anymore, because surely China is dismissing history of Taiwan. It is now the battle of power, of who is more powerful in the end. China wants nothing more from Taiwan than its economy, nothing more. Who wants to invade a poor country and then make it a part of you and then you have to carry its burderns?


Which nation recoginize Taiwan as a nation? With such a strong support as you said, why Taiwan is still not a member in UN as all other sovereign nations do? Do not masterb. all the time.



posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by zcheng

Originally posted by jazzmaster

Originally posted by FredT

Originally posted by zcheng
Who said China will attack Japan, if japan did become involved in any Taiwan/china conflict? If Japan attack PLA, the retaliation will be swift and severe.


You have said so in several forums. In fact you predict doom in several for anybody that helps the US defend Taiwan agains the agression of the CHiCOms




I agree with ya 100%



Yes. If US planes attacking Chinese forces take off from Japan bases, those bases will be attacked and destroyed. If Japan directly attack Chinese forces, the four Japanese islands will be attacked. So Japan should be extremely cautious in its involvement in Taiwan strait affairs.

Japanese is not willing to receive the 2nd Hiroshima. I just do not think Japan and South Korea will be directly involved militarily in fear of being hit. But rather, they will help with supplies, traning, reconaisance, and as advisors



posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jazzmaster

Originally posted by zcheng

Originally posted by jazzmaster

Originally posted by FredT

Originally posted by zcheng
Who said China will attack Japan, if japan did become involved in any Taiwan/china conflict? If Japan attack PLA, the retaliation will be swift and severe.


You have said so in several forums. In fact you predict doom in several for anybody that helps the US defend Taiwan agains the agression of the CHiCOms




I agree with ya 100%



Yes. If US planes attacking Chinese forces take off from Japan bases, those bases will be attacked and destroyed. If Japan directly attack Chinese forces, the four Japanese islands will be attacked. So Japan should be extremely cautious in its involvement in Taiwan strait affairs.



Japanese is not willing to receive the 2nd Hiroshima or the like. I just do not think Japan and South Korea will be directly involved militarily in fear of being hit. But rather, they will help with supplies, traning, reconaisance, and as advisors. May be international border patrol. That is enough to distract China



posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by jazzmaster
Japanese is not willing to receive the 2nd Hiroshima or the like. I just do not think Japan and South Korea will be directly involved militarily in fear of being hit. But rather, they will help with supplies, traning, reconaisance, and as advisors. May be international border patrol. That is enough to distract China


South Korea and Japan better be aware possible consequences. China will attack any base, from which US attacking forces originate.



posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by zcheng

Originally posted by jazzmaster
Japanese is not willing to receive the 2nd Hiroshima or the like. I just do not think Japan and South Korea will be directly involved militarily in fear of being hit. But rather, they will help with supplies, traning, reconaisance, and as advisors. May be international border patrol. That is enough to distract China


South Korea and Japan better be aware possible consequences. China will attack any base, from which US attacking forces originate.


You are saying this as if those countries are not aware of the situation they are in. Cut the propaganda chase. Aircrafts carriers are enough to act as runways. Bombers can be launched from Hawaii. Troops can be dropped off by ships onto Taiwan. Like i said, those countries will be not be involved directly because the US can handle it militarily, Japan and South Korea can act as advisors, suppliers, trainers, and border patrol.

[edit on 27-8-2004 by jazzmaster]



posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by jazzmaster
Aircrafts carriers are enough to act as runways. Bombers can be launched from Hawaii. Troops can be dropped off by ships onto Taiwan. Like i said, those countries will be not be involved directly because the US can handle it militarily, Japan and South Korea can act as advisors, suppliers, trainers, and border patrol.


Have notice a recent leaked news about Chinese missile test? They are capable to take out Carriers. Do you know why US carriers withrew hundreds of miles in 1996? To some Carrier is invincible, to someone else Carrier may just be a floating coffin. Chinese forces are practicing a lot to sink Carriers since a long time ago.



new topics

top topics



 
0
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join