It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Authorities Investigate Incursion By Mexican Federal Police

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
US Authorities Investigate Incursion By Mexican Federal Police

EL PASO, Texas -- Border Patrol officials are investigating an incursion by Mexican federal police into the United State on Thursday morning.
U.S. Border Patrol spokesman Doug Mosier said armed officers with Mexico's Secretaria de Seguridad Publica federal police were in the incursion, which took place in El Paso, near the Border Patrol's Ysleta station.
The Mexican government, Border Patrol and Texas Parks and Wildlife Department are investigating the incident. U.S. authorities responded to the incident.

An ABC-7 viewer contacted the station early Thursday, saying her son, husband and friends were hunting on the Rio Grande levy on the U.S. side when men on the Mexico side fired shots, narrowly missing them. She said more men on the Mexico side drove up with automatic weapons and into to U.S. side. She said the armed men fired weapons and stole hunters' chairs and drove back into Mexico.

Mosier said Border Patrol agents and Texas Parks and Wildlife officers were sent to the area immediately.
"Upon approach, our agents observed those subjects (Mexican officers) who committed the incursion return back to Mexico," Mosier said.

Mosier said that at no point of the initial investigation were there any allegations of shots being fired at subjects on the U.S. side of the border, nor is there any information to suggest that any personal items were stolen from the U.S. side of the international boundary.

"We remain in constant and direct contact with our partners in the government of Mexico as the investigation unfolds."

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
This is becoming all to common of an incident, and this latest one resulted in shiots being fired from Mexican officials at US citizens inside Us territory.

I am more and more in favor of augmenting Border patrol, Customs and Immigration with military units.

Here is an ATS thread talking about prior incursions - ATS
edit on 2-9-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I agree our borders need to be better guarded. But this really isn't that big of a deal, and it's hypocritical for the US to do anything about it or complain. Think of how many times US troops have went into Mexico without their permission. Pot meet kettle.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
I agree our borders need to be better guarded. But this really isn't that big of a deal, and it's hypocritical for the US to do anything about it or complain. Think of how many times US troops have went into Mexico without their permission. Pot meet kettle.

Not even close since the US is prohibited from deploying military units along the Mexican border, and vice verse, per treaty.

This is not a case of pot meet kettle, this is a case of foreign nationals, armed, crossing into the Us and taking shots at US citizens.

Take your I hate America BS to another thread.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Okay, I must be operating on too little sleep - but they fired shots, violated our border, and then - stole the hunters' chairs? I'm speechless.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

this really isn't that big of a deal, and it's hypocritical for the US to do anything about it or complain. Think of how many times US troops have went into Mexico without their permission.

...our military troops have gone into mexico?... uhm, i think the last time that happened was a very LONG time ago - but - i could be wrong...

...in modern times, our military has gone into central and south american countries to assist a dictator or take down a person of the people so they could install a dictator - and - then, theres the drugs for guns or guns for drugs exchange programs...

...our feds go into mexico and theirs comes over here all the time... sometimes with permission, sometimes not - been that way for many decades...

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Not even close since the US is prohibited from deploying military units along the Mexican border, and vice verse, per treaty.

This is not a case of pot meet kettle, this is a case of foreign nationals, armed, crossing into the Us and taking shots at US citizens.

Take your I hate America BS to another thread.

It is wrong that these incursions happen on both sides of the proverbial fence. This latest one may make you angry but you have to admit That if the US Government complains about it,( which we have not done) then it would be extremely hypocritical.Take the constant cross boarder missile attacks from drones and Special Forces that happen all the time, all over the world. I can post links if you like.

edit on 9/3/2011 by CaptGizmo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptGizmo

I fail to understand how you guys can take incidents not involving Mexico and use them in an effort to argue for Mexicos behavior.

US troops have not violated Mexican territory in the manner they have violated Us territory. As far as those who wish to argue about drone strikes, please explain how attacking people in Pakistan is a violation of Mexicos sovereignty and gives Mexico the right to violate US territory?

they are not the same thing... Not even close to be the same thing, and attempting to link them together just reinforces the mindset that some people are not adequately grasping the differences in occurences.

The last time the US sent troops into Mexican revovled around the days of Poncho Villa. The treaty between the US and Mexico revolving around that incident allows the Us military to be able to cross into mexican territory in pursuit of cross border bandits. Obviously the treaty is out of date and no longer is used, in addition to the fact it was a 1 way treaty meaning Mexico could not pursue into the US.

In this incident, armed Mexican Nationals working for the Mexican Federal Government, crossed the border into the US and opened fire on Us citizens - for no reason at all.

Please research history and quit trying to justify mexican actions by using examples from the Middle East / Afghanistan / Pakistan. As far as Pakistan goes its been suggested by officals on both sides that publicly Pakistan denounces the US drone strikes, while privately they endorse it. This is essentially verified y the fact some of the drones were being launched from Pakistani military installations.

If the federal government is going to refuse to do their jobs, then the people along the Southern border are going to have to protect themselves.

In this instance its no longer Mexicans getting lost and accidentally crossing the border.

This is an armed incursion with shots fired. Thats not a Diplomatic protest......

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

! was mearly trying to draw a comparison for you. Ok yes they crossed the boarder and fired on some US civilians. Yes it is wrong and yes they should not do it. I was pointing out that IF the US complains about it it would be hypocritical. Please reread my previous post as I stated as such. Please refrain from telling me to re-edjucate myself in history. It comes off as being cocky.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
repost sorry
edit on 9/5/2011 by CaptGizmo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
repost sorry

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptGizmo

The complaint would not be hypocritical in the least. I get that you were attempting to draw a comparison, however your comparison is invalid due to circumstances. Namely Mexico is not involved in any of the issues you brought up.

US actions towards Afghanistan are in no way related to Mexican actions towards the US, specifically the incursions.

Pakistan, while denouncing it publicly, in private allows the US to use their airbases to launch the drone strikes.

The saying you are looking for is - All polotics are local. Pakistan has the same issues with al queida that the US has. They would rather the US attack the mutual enemy, while at the same time publicly denouncing US action, inastead of doing it themselves because of the pressure it would cause on the Pakistan government.

Easier to blame the US and publicly denounce (while apporving in private) than go head on.

In the case of Mexico, we are talking about armed nationals representing the Mexican government crossing a border knowingly and opening fire on Us citizens.

Even if we give them the benefiet of the doubt that they may have accidentally crossed, still does not explain the reason for shots fired.

new topics

top topics

join