It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Objects to Palestinian Statehood to Avoid War Crimes Investigations

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by CountDrac

Israel is not stealing anything.

Everyone else including the US Government seem to think so..

but then, are you going by that silly ancient book again??

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk
The UN has plenty of scope to intervene militarily in a conflict to either protect civilians or separate warring groups.

This is from the UN mission (MONUC) mandate in the Democratic Republic of Congo.

A to deploy and maintain a presence in the key areas of potential volatility in order to promote the re-establishment of confidence, to discourage violence, in particular by deterring the use of force to threaten the political process, and to allow United Nations personnel to operate freely, particularly in the Eastern part of the Democratic Republic of the Congo, to ensure the protection of civilians, including humanitarian personnel, under imminent threat of physical violence,

and they are doing such a great job! www.nytimes.com...

Also, remember terrorists like using the UN as a human shield
www.canada.com...
edit on 9-9-2011 by spoor because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by CountDrac
reply to post by backinblack

Funny thats the only part of my post you choose to answer. Maybe answer what i said about your muslim brothers, and the religious muslim fanatics destroying our world and killing their own people?
You are here for propaganda and ATS points, so its a waist of my time. Keep posting for the 15 year olds and let the adults have a conversation.

Well the rest of post was just your usual opinion piece while ignoring facts..

They didn't come to OUR world..
We went to theirs and killed them by the thousands while stealing their resources and turning those left into slaves to harvest our goods..

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Stick to the topic folks and the topic definitely isn't each other.

Thanks.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
The Zionist "cat" is out of the bag. The bag of deceit. The bag of controlled thought, and a controlled media.
The cat is out.
This cat is exposing the U.S. government for the whores that they are. This cat, once loose, turns out to be a real bitch.
This cat will shine the light on the UN vote where the U.S. vetoes Palestinian Statehood. The cat will make it clear that there is no real good reason for that unless you are a prostitute.
Yes, the Zionist cat will draw a lot of blood, and the Israelis will feel the scratch.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
reply to post by backinblack

How many palestinian families have been forcefully evicted from their homes versus those selling their properties to jewish settlers? If I sell my property to whomever then I have no right to whine about it later. Jews don't like arabs and arabs don't like jews thus when one religious group "infiltrates" a neighborhood the other more or less leaves.

Much like any american city getting "infiltrated" by various non-white minorities. Its a racial issue to the core!

Chinese own huge sections of land and properties in Australia but you don't see the Chinese Military on Australian soil setting up checkpoints and banning Australians from the area..

I don't believe ANY country would put up with that crap..

So what if they bought land, they should be still ruled by local Government...

Because the chineese and australians don't hate each other. The reformed chineese mentality is of ultra-capitalism, basically to invest their resources in foreign land just like america and europe did before them.

People hate jews because they are over-driven and clannish. Many atrocities have been commited in history and barely anyone discusses them, but when it comes down to jews its always deserved in some peoples warped mind.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Mate, you are IGNORING my entire point..

YOU stated that the Jews bought the land so have a right to be there...

I'm saying that it doesn't allow the IDF to move in and it doesn't make that land part of Israel..

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

I'm saying that it doesn't allow the IDF to move in and it doesn't make that land part of Israel..

Absolutely correct that it doesnt make the land Israeli... nor does it make the land Palestinian either. At what point do people realize that the land being fought over belonged to Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon (resolved) and Syria?

Exactly when was "Palestine" divided up to those countries?

We will need to go back a little bit more than 400+ years since the Ottoman Empire controlled the area, and not arabs or Palestinians.

Palestinians could have had their own state, but instead went greedy and decided genocide was a more productive use of arab time. When it blows up in the Arabs faces with one failed invasion / attack on Israel after another, they whine and scream to the UN, which they are continuing to do while still attacking Israeli civilians.

I find it humerous that you guys are trying to use the UN to do what Arab countries failed to do - wipe Israel off the map. Lets use the Quran for this one, since the land was conquered in a legitmate military action - self defense by Israel.

To the victors go the spoils.... Something Arabs have lived with for a loooonnnnggg time... Apparently when they arent on the winning side, they want the rules changed.

To challenge part of an earlier response / obfuscation, Hamas has NO basis to attack Israel, since Gaza is under their control. The remaining issues belong to Israel and Fatah, not Hamas.

Hamas is giving Israel the excuse to defend themselves, not the other way around. Even as of today their is still 2 seperate governments, Hamas and Fatah.

Any reason that Hamas should not turn back control of Gaza to its rightful owner - Egypt?
What if Egypt decides it wants Gaza back - what then?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
While some of you are still argueing over "Palestinian" statehood.....

it's now official......Hamas says NO NO NO to Palestinian statehood because they declared today that they want ALL of Israel and not just pockets of Israel.

So......same usual drill from the Gazans !!!
edit on 14-9-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
While some of you are still argueing over "Palestinian" statehood.....

it's now official......Hamas says NO NO NO to Palestinian statehood because they declared today that they want ALL of Israel and not just pockets of Israel.

So......same usual drill from the Gazans !!!
edit on 14-9-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

When Netanyahu talked about land for peace, Hamas went off on that as well, stating they would never accept the existance of Israel. They went on to say they would not tie the hands of future fighters by recognizing Israels right to exist.

Whcih goes back to what ive been arguing - The Palestinian issue is being used by Arabs to justify actions towards ISrael, and could care less about the plight of the Palestinian people.

Maybe Jordan would have been more receptive had the Palestinian refugees not tried to overthrow the King, resulting in Black September. Palestinians would have had their own state, actually on about 21 seperate occasions over the years, only to have the process hijcaked by groups, like Hamas, and the floatillas.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Why not? No one recognises palestine. It does NOT exist! Do you understand this basic concept?

Conversely everyone recognises Israel so that means they can do anything they want within their borders and since israel does not recognise the ICC at the hague they could easily gather up all the wannabe palestinians and gas them to death.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   

PLO official: Palestinians, Israelis must be totally separated

Commenting on the subject of minority rights in the potential Palestinian state, PLO envoy to the U.S. says past experience shows the two people should be 'totally separated.'

The future independent Palestinian state will not include a Jewish minority, a top Palestinian official told USA Today on Wednesday, adding that it was in the best interest of both peoples to "be separated."

Maen Areikat, PLO Ambassador to the United States, made the comment just as the Palestinian Authority, led by President Mahmoud Abbas, was preparing to offer up Palestinian statehood to a vote in the United Nations General Assembly later this month.

Yup... Off to a great start...

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Obviously both arabs and jews want the land for themselves, while the christian minority groups(OFTEN IGNORED) are caught in the middle of this conflict. Why don't christians have a problem with Israel officially being labled a jewish state since jerusalem is home to all three abrahamic religions? Why is it ONLY the arabs that have a problem?

I am NOT saying some jews are not fanatical, like the orthodox sect, but since the official adoption of Israel as a nation, recognised by the UN(by almost all members) I think jews should have the first say in what happens to their country, before any arab "palestinians". Palestine was a british colony and I am sick and tired of repeating this fact to everyone! If the palestinians really did not want any repatrioted jews moving to Israel then they should have done something about THEN, not now. The arab palestinians were selling land to those repatrioted jews, then 20 years down the line the arab nations bordering Israel started the seven day conflict which they lost.

Palestinians are terrible sore losers and this cannot be overemphasized, but in all fairness they have been exploited by arab dictators who have kept this issue front and center to distract from their own local problems, thus giving palestinians lots of false hope and building hatred through the decades. The jewish government on the otherhand was playing it too cunning, putting political issues above military issues hoping ot outsmart "the palestinians" and slowely move them out of Israel by making life very difficult on them such as building walls to isolate them and giving them deminial jobs for bare existance.

Yes its a comlex problem but I believe religion is at the heart of the issue. Israel should have discounted palestine decades ago and made it absolutely clear there would be NO PALESTINE! Now they are paying the price for negotiating with the enemy.

Finally this is just my opinion and I do NOT claim to know everything. Everyone is entitled an opinion regardless if they are correct or wrong.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Finally this is just my opinion and I do NOT claim to know everything. Everyone is entitled an opinion regardless if they are correct or wrong.

Its all good.. My response to you was not an attack on you, and my last sentence was sarcasm.

What I was pointing out is how the current leadership, imo, for the Palestinian issue dont care about the Palestinians at all. The comment does nothing but cause issues and will come full circle with the mindset of if they dont want to be serious, why should Israel.

Since people want to use the UN, maybe Israel should as well and file complaints regarding Hamas and interference of Arab governments regarding the peace process and other issues? I think Israel should make the argument that Hamas is refusing to recognize their existence in any way shape or form and undermine the group that way.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Its all good.. My response to you was not an attack on you, and my last sentence was sarcasm.

I understand and no offense taken.

What I was pointing out is how the current leadership, imo, for the Palestinian issue dont care about the Palestinians at all. The comment does nothing but cause issues and will come full circle with the mindset of if they dont want to be serious, why should Israel.

I am pretty sure most palestinians would settle for a palestinian enclave nation within Israel, but there also many who prefer to have all of Israel become palestine. Thank god for Israel that the fanatical palestinians are having their way over the mild/moderate palestinians.

Since people want to use the UN, maybe Israel should as well and file complaints regarding Hamas and interference of Arab governments regarding the peace process and other issues? I think Israel should make the argument that Hamas is refusing to recognize their existence in any way shape or form and undermine the group that way.

Yes Israel should have filed complaints against both Hamas and the PLO many decades ago, but from the Israeli perspective it may not have suited their long term political agenda of having all of Israel belonging to them. The UN normally "splits the pie in half" and neither hamas nor orthodox jews desire this.

Like I said before, Israel had the financial and military backing of USA/Europe from the beginning but they faild to take advantage of this, preferring instead to play the seige tactic...you know seize the enemy and let them surrender. Palestinians proved too stuborn!

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join