It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Editor-In-Chief Resigns, Blows Gaping Hole In Climate Denier Alarmism

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by mc_squared

You already provided evidence that none of those theories were valid as of 1975 according to your skepticscience website.

If they don't think what they have is good enough in 1975 then the theory of 1800's is still wrong.
The Bible has been around longer than the global warming theory but you wouldn't argue it as more valid than your science website would you?

I like to use Nikolaus Copernicus as an example. His theory was more accurate but it was still wrong.

Why the focus on Al Gore? Well who organized Live Earth to make people aware of global warming (because we all know musicians excelled in geology and thermodynamics in college)? Didn't get busted for plagiarism in that film and using FAKE photos, oh yeah ..... why would I focus on him?
edit on 4-9-2011 by MasterGemini because: (no reason given)

PS

Hope you like the comparison of global warming alarmists to religious fanatics

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by MasterGemini

No - I already provided you with a link that showed in fact only a small handful of scientists advocated a global cooling in the 70's, and that most were already on the warming bandwagon, which has only grown and grown over time as the evidence has mounted.

You are merely distorting the evidence here because you don't care about the truth - you just want to win the argument like every other so-called skeptic troll on this website.

So enjoy your pissing contest all to yourself, I have better things to do.

ETA:

A survey of peer reviewed scientific papers from 1965 to 1979 show that few papers predicted global cooling (7 in total). Significantly more papers (42 in total) predicted global warming (Peterson 2008). The large majority of climate research in the 1970s predicted the Earth would warm as a consequence of CO2. Rather than 1970s scientists predicting cooling, the opposite is the case.

edit on 4-9-2011 by mc_squared because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Are you good at math? Your logic completely fails the order of operations here.

The website you sent me to to bunker in the global warming theory said that as of 1975 they did not have accurate enough tools to provide any real prediction.

Therefore, anything coming before the one they use now is wrong.

Plain and simple as that.

en.wikipedia.org...

The Nixon administration reacted swiftly to their letter, which described calamities such as killer frosts, lower food production and floods, to come. By February 1973, the State Department had established a Panel on the Present Interglacial, which advised Drs. Kukla and Matthews that it "was seized of the matter" and numerous other government agencies were soon included. Kukla was co-author of a chapter in the book "Natural Climate Variability on Decade to Century Time Scales" published by the National Research Council. Kukla believes all glacial periods in Earth's history began with global warming (understood as an increase of area-weighted average global mean temperature). He believes Earth's recent warming is mostly natural and will ultimately lead to a new ice age

Scientist Refutes Notion of Recent Climate as "Uniquely Benign" - Sees Evidence of Approaching Ice Age Despite Global Warming
by Kurt Sternlof
www.earthinstitute.columbia.edu...

Here is another from Columbia University. Why then 25 years after is there still decent from respected organizations?

About The Earth Institute The Earth Institute at Columbia University is the world's leading academic center for the integrated study of Earth, its environment and society. The Earth Institute builds upon excellence in the core disciplines — earth sciences, biological sciences, engineering sciences, social sciences and health sciences — and stresses cross-disciplinary approaches to complex problems. Through research, training and global partnerships, it mobilizes science and technology to advance sustainable development, while placing special emphasis on the needs of the world's poor. For more information, visit www.earth.columbia.edu.

And just because a majority feel one way does not make it true.
Nikolaus Copernicus was not enough then how about Galileo?
Welcome to global climate cult.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Anything about global manmade warming is skewed because Al Gore invented the internet...he said so.

Plus, if Tipper Gore trusts her man enough to let him get naked massages by strange women in strange towns... then I trust what he says too.

Wait a minute...Tipper Gore left Al after the hotel massage thingy.

OK... I guess if Tipper Gore doesn't trust Al.......

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by MasterGemini

Originally posted by Muckster

The oil company’s and corporate giants (Some of the most greedy people on the planet) have done an amazing job, when you think about it... they have convinced many people that climate change is a hoax perpetrated by greedy Nazi greenies who want nothing but your money... Where as they (the corporates) are simply looking out for your freedoms lol

Corporate giant = Google / Apple = Al Gore on both accounts.

See what I am saying now?

Nope, still don’t see what you’re saying...

I have not defended Al Gore once and i am not blind and stupid enough to think that everyone on anthropogenic climate change believers side is squeaky clean and angelic. You can say whatever you want about Al Gore, i don’t care; he is just another fat politician, in my opinion.

I worry more about what real scientists say. Thanks anyway for the irrelevant ramblings

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Here is a graph of earth temperature fluctuations going back 800,000 years. The data is taken from Antarctic ice core samples. Notice a pattern?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d51b30afabe9.jpg[/atsimg]

source:
en.wikipedia.org...:EPICA_temperature_plot.svg

i cant get the damn link to display properly but to find it open wikipedia and type "temperature record" into search box
edit on 4-9-2011 by Funk bunyip because: resize pic

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

I'm excellent in mathematics.

Your logic is very, very poor.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions

I'm excellent in mathematics.

Your logic is very, very poor.

Thumbs down indeed.

You must be blind then seeing as that question was never asked of you.

You must associate with this guy
Zombie Kid Likes Turtles
www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muckster

Thanks anyway for the irrelevant ramblings

Irrelevant ramblings equals to some people patting one another's back thinking that is enough proof to back such people's false claims...

You two go ahead and keep patting each other's back, you haven't proved anything except that AGW is nothing but a religion for the both of you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join