It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama off to yet ANOTHER vacation!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Starseed32

It's hard to tell the difference with him. Someone in Canada told me he has yet to release a budget. Is this true? Someone else told me last week he was...well can't say it on hear, but it was another word for a cat. Even Canadians think he sucks now.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

I guess if you want to choose a political party according to the vacation time taken by leadership- better vote for a Democrat next go round:

So far, President Obama has taken 61 vacation days after 31 months in office.
At this point in their presidencies, George W. Bush had spent 180 days at his ranch, and Ronald Reagan had taken 112 vacation days at his ranch.

Bush didn't even break away from one of his vacations till 3 days into the Katrina devastation.

Among recent presidents, Bill Clinton took the least time off -- 28 days.

www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Originally posted by mudbeed
Hey... have you thought about looking at vacations and presidents and how Obama stands out compared?

I don't think you have...

Point being, Obama has a pretty good history of NOT taking vacations compared to past presidents.

Actually hasn't taken a lot of time off at all...
edit on 9/2/2011 by mudbeed because: (no reason given)

I personally find his vacationing habits offensive compared to previous Presidents for one major and glaring difference. Reagan, and both Bushs had their residences/get away homes converted into National Command Centers within weeks of the election that put them in office. So...when Reagan was in California or Baby Bush was in Crawford, the physical location changed but the real effect of being in the White House didn't.

How exactly does that work at Martha's Vineyard? Are the SS running ahead to rebuild and then restore the grounds every time he comes? I'd love to see a true vacation comparison that leaves OUT the 'Working White Houses' past Presidents spend a good % of their "Vacation" time at and strictly compare locations that were not functional government facilities.

At least Camp David is a very real working location for the President. It actually makes me curious why he's going there, of all places. I believe I recall him making a couple statements regarding Camp David as something less than his first choice for a spot to relax. I wonder if others are due at Camp David this weekend for some official business they don't want the entire WH Press Corps to sit outside the door and speculate on? Hmmm... Where are the key people in Israel and the Palestinian Authority this weeked?

It's called the internet and cell phones.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Don't forget Nixon, he was a workhorse! Carter, however, pretended to work but was napping most of of the time.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I don't know why people keep saying Obama is not doing his job, he is doing the very job he set out to do from the beginning!

He hasn't missed a day yet at destroying this Country!

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I don't know whether he needs a vacation or not, nor do I know what he's planning on doing. Isn't the point that it LOOKS bad? He's got a tough re-election campaign coming up and he has to project the right image to Americans. There are people who are offended by these vacations during a time of crisis, and he can't afford to offend anyone.

It almost looks as though he needs to change his staff up a little. I don't think he was given good advice. (Or, even worse, he was given good advice and refuses to take it.)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
He knows that his chances of re election are slim to none. So now he is just livin it up while he can enjoyin the money and the prestige while he can

top topics

<< 1   >>

join