It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Burning Man from space (you waited long enough)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Good job european space agency, because what we really need is photos of burning man, we don't need to know about earth like planets, alien life, or anything else that is intellectual, just more photos of burning man, hey maybe throw in some of katy perry too?

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Spaced Out

reply to post by RadeonGFXRHumanGTXisAlien

I think the ESA determined that the most likely place to find alien life would be at Burning Man.

Can't say I disagree with that assessment.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by RadeonGFXRHumanGTXisAlien
...hey maybe throw in some of katy perry too?

Oh yes please!!!

Seriously though, here's a link with text and pictures of the Stonehenge festival. A free festival to celebrate the Summer Solstice with loads of people 'denying ingnorance' 1984 was the last year that the festival took place before being smashed (literally) by the state. No satellite pictures in those days of course, nonetheless very interesting!

Stonehenge Free Festival

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by POPtheKlEEN89

Cool Pic. Amazing Geometry

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
(((The annual Burning Man festival is in full swing in the Nevada desert, and a tiny European satellite has snapped an overhead shot of the eccentric action.)))

Why is Europes satellite taking a picture of our desert lol?.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
._. I live in nevada and when we hear burning man we think "Artsy fartsy bums who have bad breath" We call them burners and 75% of the town hates them.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
Wow that looks VERY organized considering my perception (probably wrong) of the people that attend. Just read an interesting article about how much the event has 'sold out'. Tickets are insanely expensive now apparently.

More and more people come each year to burning man. When it started out it was small.. and costs were not that high. Now it is a huge event that requires a lot of money to organize and meet the need of that many people in the desert. The ticket prices had to go up.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Drezden

More and more people come each year to burning man. When it started out it was small.. and costs were not that high. Now it is a huge event that requires a lot of money to organize and meet the need of that many people in the desert. The ticket prices had to go up.

I looked into going to burning man this year and the prize of the tickes was crazy. Theres no music / no techno , nothing there to buy and its in the middle of a desert! I dont see how they can justify the cost of the tickets.

Glastonbury festival in the UK is only £200 with some of the best music acts in the world + all night parties, free cinemas, multiple stages , lighting , raves , lazer light shows, police , onsite security ,free mobile phone charging, water supply, free medical ..etc

All this and its like 5 times the size of burning man.

edit on 3-9-2011 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
As soon as I saw the image, I immediately thought of the winged disc -

edit on 3-9-2011 by AmazonOfArtemis because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I just was in a maize labyrinth. I swear it was made by aliens. Who else could have such an idea?
Burning man are crazy. Wish, I was that young once again.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by POPtheKlEEN89

The guys servicing the porty potties there are making some BIG bucks.

Hey, somebody has to do it.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
That's really cool!
I know lots of people that take the trip down there every year.... I wont go, cause I don't have a passport and don't want to travel down into the States.. but this is still awesome!

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b6d00bc5dd16.jpg[/atsimg]

Honestly, I would have really enjoyed being a part of a gathering like that. I'd leave off the nudity (hate to scare the aliens) and the drugs (hate to scare me) - but - looks like a life changing event.

peace

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
And now for a limited time you can watch the burning man burning the temple at this link right now, burning soon. I have never knew what its all about but it looks fun. Here is the linky. www.ustream.tv...

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

You are pretty ignorant on the topic if you think there is no music lol. I just got back from the Playa and not only did I personally perform on 4 stages, but there were HUNDREDS of sound camps out there (funk, punk, house, trance, rock, jazz, dubstep, glitch hop, live bands and on and on and on). So you may want to "look into it" a bit more before spewing falsehoods about an event you clearly know nothing about.

Also nothing to buy? Do you even know the reason money isn't used at BRC? Consider the concept of a "gift economy" where no money is accepted (aside from purchasing ice and coffee at Center Camp) as everything is...wait for it...wait for it....FREE once you are inside. That goes for alcohol at the numerous bars (hundreds of them) spread out all over the city, food of all kinds, music events everywhere, clothes from those that feel like granting a gift to you, artwork you may receive, rides on art cars that will blow your mind in their awesomeness (pirate ships 4 stories tall, fire spitting octopus', busses that look like sharks, UFO's etc...) and so much more. You thinking money is important for an event is hysterical. Why spend more on random stuff when you can just get it handed to you?

And yes Glastonbury looks awesome I agree 100%, but these are 2 entirely different events and really not comparable.

Burning Man has everything that you listed and much more, well not the head count that Glastonbury had, but everything else is there in large form. I seriously can't stop laughing about your lack of knowledge yet very "informed" stance on it. Get your head out of the sand...or actually maybe next year go dip your head in it out in BRC. Cost is more than reasonable, I got Tier 1 tickets for 210 USD each. That's about 200 dollars less than the Glastonbury tickets not to mention airfare to get over there in the UK.......so by my math BM is absolutely worth it in comparison.

Cheers and maybe i'll see you out in the dust one day.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Just wondering, is Burning Man and the Cremation of Care the same thing?
edit on 5-9-2011 by AMANNAMEDQUEST because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
The reason for the high cost to get in is the cost of the state and federal permits.

Burning Man has become a cash cow for the state and federal government.

Problem is there is no way around this even if they found private land to hold burning man on the feds as state would still demand the permits and that there people be there.(they held it on private land in 1992)

unofficialnetworks.com...
www.kolotv.com...
www.burningman.com...

Plus you have the cost of the Fire EMTs and medical services(most are volunteers but you still have a lot of cost when you have more people the many small cities.) burning man is the third largest city in Nevada for a week each year

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join