It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Beautiful 17yr old Dog

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by hapablab
what a gorgeous doggie, I had a dog that looks like the same breed, my Dog was a mixture of a couple dogs, she looked just like your doggy just brown fur. She lived till she was 21, and all the way till about 2 weeks before she got sick she was running around like a puppy, May your dog be with you for many more years healthy and happy :-)

That is lovely!! 21! what a great age!

Sadies parentage is pure border collie but her dad was a brown and white collie and her mum was a blue Merle (hence the blue eye). I'd LOVE to think Sades has a good few years of running left in her! So sorry to hear you lost your girl but its wonderful that she was so healthy for SO long!!!!! I really hope my angel emulates yours in longevity and health

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Versa

You have been blessed to have such a friend for so long, She still looks so pretty and vital! She may go longer than you think!

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Versa

border collie, yep that brought it back to me, she was also mixed with a little german shepard I was just going thru some photos, I also take it back she was 20, but I think she passed because she missed my Mom and Dad, both my Parents died with in a year and half, they adored her and she adored them, and it was only a few months later after my Mom passed that my Dog died, so I truly believe she wanted to be with them, and now the three of them are together again.

Here is my Doggy with our kitten on her head, yes the kitten actually climbed her lol

this was 1997

and now this picture, her and the kitten hanging out

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Versa

what a gorgeous doggie, I had a dog that looks like the same breed, my Dog was a mixture of a couple dogs, she looked just like your doggy just brown fur. She lived till she was 21, and all the way till about 2 weeks before she got sick she was running around like a puppy, May your dog be with you for many more years healthy and happy :-)

That is lovely!! 21! what a great age!

Sadies parentage is pure border collie but her dad was a brown and white collie and her mum was a blue Merle (hence the blue eye). I'd LOVE to think Sades has a good few years of running left in her! So sorry to hear you lost your girl but its wonderful that she was so healthy for SO long!!!!! I really hope my angel emulates yours in longevity and health

Thank you so much for you kind words, she was such a nice friendly doggy and smart too, funny story we had a bunch of kittens once and they got loose, we heard our dog barking and found her in the corner of the room with all the kittens together, she actually rounded them up, it was hilarious, I wish youtube existed then lol, I truly hope that your Dog lives just as long and it sounds like she is truly loved.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

border collie, yep that brought it back to me, she was also mixed with a little german shepard I was just going thru some photos, I also take it back she was 20, but I think she passed because she missed my Mom and Dad, both my Parents died with in a year and half, they adored her and she adored them, and it was only a few months later after my Mom passed that my Dog died, so I truly believe she wanted to be with them, and now the three of them are together again.

Here is my Doggy with our kitten on her head, yes the kitten actually climbed her lol

this was 1997

and now this picture, her and the kitten hanging out

awww
she was gorgeous!!!!! and yes a LOT of collie in her!!!! I totally agree with you, she chose when to go..... I said on a post earlier in the thread that I honestly believe that Sadie has been with me before and I honestly believe she will be with me again...... Your old girl will be with your parents IMO and its my belief that she'll be with them again when the time is right.

ETA she looks a lot like my Sadie's dad
edit on 2/9/11 by Versa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

funny story we had a bunch of kittens once and they got loose, we heard our dog barking and found her in the corner of the room with all the kittens together, she actually rounded them up, it was hilarious, I wish youtube existed then lol

that's so funny!!!!! Sadies sister (Suzie) rounded up a birthday party of 3-5yr olds in the same way

Collies ROCK

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Versa

Thank you, that was really nice to hear, Just like your Doggy was meant to be with you, just reading what you put about her being with my Mom and Dad then and again someday, makes me feel good cause I miss them all so much.

Thank you :-)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by hapablab

I did a thread about a 'past life dream' that I had, my sadie wasn't in that past life dream but I did have another much shorter past life dream that Sadie was without a doubt in.... She was a small grey pony in the second dream but I haven't written about that one yet as there seemed so little interest in the first which was so much more complicated! link to the thread

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Good looking dog. I took in my mom's basset after shed died. Sonja lived to around 20 years, five with me after my mom died. She slept about 20-23 hours of the day, but she was a good dog. We finally had to put her down in the end due to old age and quality of life for her.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
She looks great for her age... Happy early Birthday!

On Border Collies, which not a breed for everyone due to their unique mental and physical needs, everyone dog lover to at least befriend one once. I have a young Border Collie mix male. I had always wanted a medium/large sized dog and wanted to participate in agility with a dog. Whereas he never took to doing agility, sure don't regret him as my companion!

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
She's beautiful and reminds me of my Meggie.

Happy birthday to her!

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Thanks for your lovely, heartfelt post. What a grand old lady she is, although as you say she doesn't look her age at all!

It is hard to lose a dog after so long. I had to have my 16 year old golden retriever Jake put down 12 months ago, and I still cry. He was a gentleman among dogs and had eyes that looked into your very soul. What a pair your lady Sadie and my gentleman jake would have made!

Get out the camcorder and record your best friend for memories you can share with your little ones when they are older. Sadie is a lucky dog to have such a great life with you. Pets really are the only kind of unconditional love on the planet aren't they.

Peace.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
What a beautiful dog

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
awwww,Sadie looks so sweet. Happy Birthday! I love dogs!

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
A wonderful story, about a wonderful life with a great dog. Not sure why I found my eyes welling up.....it's a happy story.

I have a wire fox terrier who will be 14 in December. She still has all her teeth too, (like concrete), although she doesn't hear or see as well as she used to. She still likes to go out in the mornings and bark at the squirrels, although she no longer bothers to chase them. (She has arthritis in her hips.) She's my girl. She has floated around on floats in my swimming pool, and swims to the ladder, climbs it to get out, when she's tired of it. She will stay in the pool as long as she has somebody to toss a frisbee for her. lol. Well, she used to.

When I was was five years old, my parents brought home a a little dog who lived until I was twenty-two years old. He was happy and seemed to be healthy until his last breath. We literally grew up together.

Thanks for your story about Sadie. I loved it. May she live many more happy years!

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
She's a beautiful dog! And, I can understand your love for her, I share that affection with a pet of mine, he's my little angel, my kitty, Little Bun. He's a white kitty, but he's my shadow around the house when I'm home.

Little Bun's Story

We moved into an apartment, and shortly after living there we were dropping off some trash bags at the apartment's dumpster. When we drove up to the dumpster I saw this perfect little white fluff ball of a kitty sitting there. So amazing looking! Just a pretty puff ball. Anyway, he scampered off, and later that night I convinced my then boyfriend that we should have a kitty, and that he'd be the "perfect" one! The next night we went to the dumpster armed with a small net and some cat food in order to try and catch the kitty in question. Well, lo and behold, that "perfect" kitty wasn't anywhere to be found, but instead there was this little, scrawny kitten, whose bones you could count just looking at him, and who didn't need a net because I could just scoop him up after we put some food down.

We took this kitty, who we named Little Bun, home with us. It was almost embarrassing to take him to his first trip to the vets as he looked so malnourished. Someone peered into the cat carrier we brought him in and wondered if it was a large mouse!

Anyway, after being hand fed, and regaining his strength, he became my little pal. Since then, he's grown into a beautiful cat, full long white fur, and blue eyes that would just melt you! He's been my constant companion for as long as you've had your doggie, and I understand fully what you mean in that he's your angel.

Now, that he's older, I too worry about losing him. I really don't know how I'll cope. I feel very blessed that he's been in my life. I've turned to him many times, and he to me. We are best friends, that's for sure.

Good luck with your angel. Take care of each other!

xoxo

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Naaaww puppy dawg!

Pets are awesome!

Thanks for introducing us to her

edit on 3/9/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
What a beautiful dog! We lost our German Shorthair Heidi on April 4, 2011..she was 13 years old..I thought she was pretty old..your dog must be drinking from the fountain of doggy youth

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Versa

What a beautiful girl,Happy Birthday Sadie,here's to the next 18!

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I think that Sadie ,approaching 18 and still running and playing every day,has a good many years in her. I had a shepard huskey mix who ran and played like that till 15. Then the arthritis caught up with her and she slowed down. She made it to 17, then we had to make that sad decision. I still think of her often .

She's a real beauty and you are fortunate to have her.I'll bet she brings you great joy.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join