It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Beautiful 17yr old Dog

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
My dog Sadie will be 18yrs old in November....

I've had her since she was 6 weeks old. I know too young to be taken from her mum but she was weaned and we had 5 other dogs including her father Kane and her uncle Bryn. She's been with me through every single event in my life from the age of 20 onwards and has done everything with me! She even had her own pint glass at the pub!

We did obedience and agility (and she could FLY!!!) and we've walked our legs off!!!! 3yrs ago I had a little girl and My Sadie showed no signs of jealousy and is an angel with my little girl (who loves her to bits!)

She's coming up to her 18th birthday (5th November, easy to remember!) and she's still running for 1-2hrs a day on walks, she can still scale a 6ft wall and she gets to the ball as fast as my mums two young dogs! She's a goddess and my very best friend and she doesn't look or act like she's a day over 6yrs
Shes got all her teeth and only been to the vets once in her life but she can't hear a thing these days (or maybe she's got wise in her old age and stopped listening to me).

I can't bear to think that one day I'll lose her but of course one day I will. I think she looks brilliant for an old girl due her 18th birthday!!!!

My Lovely Dog Sadie

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dad848511e81.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/64e45db8567a.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/29fd0778c73b.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 2/9/11 by Versa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Happy birthday to Sadie!!!!!!

She is a beautiful girl!

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
She's a beauty

Must be hard to say goodbye to pets who you have become so close to. ...but cherish the years you have had..and the ones remaining...and know that you gave her a good loving home.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Versa

Thanks for sharing! She's a beautiful dog and 'Sadie' is one of my favorite names.
Happy early birthday, Sadie!

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Cherish your time with her. She's a beautiful girl. S & F op, this made my day.
edit on 2-9-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neysa
Happy birthday to Sadie!!!!!!

She is a beautiful girl!

She's not quite there yet but she's going strong! thank you she is the perfect dog, she's been my angel dog

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011
She's a beauty

Must be hard to say goodbye to pets who you have become so close to. ...but cherish the years you have had..and the ones remaining...and know that you gave her a good loving home.

yes she has had the best home she could of had, shes been with me through thick and thin and she is a total star! I know I don't have too long left with her and she deserves the whole world to know what a wonderful friend she's been!

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Versa

Being a gruff old curmudgeon, I do have a soft spot in my heart for our furry friends.

I am both happy and sad for you; I wish some of my buddies would have stuck around as long. But part of me thinks that since they love so much, that they must pass on earlier. What a price, eh?

Happy Birthday Sadie, she looks to be a good Dawg.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Versa

Your dog Sadie is beautiful....and precious. It is fortunate that she is in such good health. Are you planning to take her to the Vet for a checkup soon? I was just wondering because of her hearing.

Here is a human to dog years ratio chart...www.dogbreedinfo.com...

I am an animal lover too. I own a cat that was abandoned in the middle of winter in the snow....someone found him and took him to a shelter.....I found him there 3 weeks later and adopted him. He is wonderful and a part of the family now.

I think we are fortunate that we can adopt an animal who gives us so much love and companionship in return and it is unconditional which is truly awesome!

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heartisblack
Cherish your time with her. She's a beautiful girl. S & F op, this made my day.
edit on 2-9-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

She is a beautiful girl, thank you
she's been with me before in another life I'm sure of that, and she'll be with me again in another life I'm sure of that too. I just hope I don't have to go too long without her by by side again...

Fingers crossed I'll have my angel dog for another few years yet but I know that at nearly 18yrs her days are getting fewer.

Im glad she's made you smile too
she is a perfect star

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by Versa

Being a gruff old curmudgeon, I do have a soft spot in my heart for our furry friends.

I am both happy and sad for you; I wish some of my buddies would have stuck around as long. But part of me thinks that since they love so much, that they must pass on earlier. What a price, eh?

Happy Birthday Sadie, she looks to be a good Dawg.

It is a tragedy that animals that are so loving and so giving spend such a short time with us
I have honestly been blessed with my angel dog, I must of done something right in a past life

As a family we have lost wonderful animals (dogs for the most part) but they all played staring roles while they were with us and all made their mark on us.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
reply to post by Versa

Your dog Sadie is beautiful....and precious. It is fortunate that she is in such good health. Are you planning to take her to the Vet for a checkup soon? I was just wondering because of her hearing.

yes she went to the vets for the second time in her life last week because she got a pine needle stuck in her outer ear. The vets took her in and checked her over and declared that I had a healthy 6yr old dog, it was only then that I realised how good she was for her age! I handed over her inoculation card and the vets were stunned that she was nearly 18yrs. Her heart is grand and she has zero arthritis, her eye sight isn't great (but it never was brilliant)

I've never treated her like a pet but my best friend and she knows that

ETA 18 years = 88 years well she's doing well then! not many 88yr olds can scale a 6ft wall and walk for 2hrs!

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Versa

Geez, thanks, now I have a lump in my throat.

That's a rare thing. But the memories are still good.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Versa

That is wonderful! I am so glad Sadie is in good health and I am smiling from ear to ear that the Vet thought she was still a young dog. I think perhaps Sadie may set the world record for longevity......and live many more years to come! That is what I wish and hope for her and you.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!...Sadie

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Versa

Happy Birthday Sadie! Who's a good doggie? who? That's right! You are!

we too are blessed with a wonderful canine friend. i know some day...and while that day will come, it is not today. today, my incredibly cute and fluffy Chow-Chow girl is sleeping not far from me. she is old, she is tired. she means more to me than i can describe.

dogs, and people, are so precious. pet your dog, hug your people, tell them both you love them, every day.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

reply to post by Versa

That is wonderful! I am so glad Sadie is in good health and I am smiling from ear to ear that the Vet thought she was still a young dog. I think perhaps Sadie may set the world record for longevity......and live many more years to come! That is what I wish and hope for her and you.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!...Sadie

I could be wrong, but Sadie looks to have strong bloodlines in the direction of Border Collie. Border Collies have been wowing veterinarians for years now. With their smarts and longevity.

I loves those Dawgs! Best wishes to Sadie and her pack!

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

reply to post by Versa

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!...Sadie

I'm just happy that she proved vets don't know it all

I'd love her to out live all other dogs but if she doesn't then we've been happy together and she's known her mummy loves her
I wish for her to go on and on and on but I don't want her to become old and decrepit, she loves her walks and I'd hate to see her hobbling round...

When her time comes I'll be ready, devastated but ready..... She gets much love

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by LargeFries
reply to post by Versa

Happy Birthday Sadie! Who's a good doggie? who? That's right! You are!

we too are blessed with a wonderful canine friend. i know some day...and while that day will come, it is not today. today, my incredibly cute and fluffy Chow-Chow girl is sleeping not far from me. she is old, she is tired. she means more to me than i can describe.

dogs, and people, are so precious. pet your dog, hug your people, tell them both you love them, every day.

you just never know when their our our time is up but they know if they are loved
I hope your old girl has more years than your thinking
they can be surprising! My silly old girl has surprised me! I have pictures (real pictures that I should scan in when i can!) of Sadie on her first walk at 7 weeks old in the snow... I could of never imagined that nearly 18yrs later I'd still have the silly dog snuggling into me when ever I sit down!

Every single day of her life Ive treated like our last and I do the same with my daughter, you never know whats round the corner and every second is precious.

Eta

took a pic of the pic

Sadie on her first walk

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ecc043ff38c5.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
what a gorgeous doggie, I had a dog that looks like the same breed, my Dog was a mixture of a couple dogs, she looked just like your doggy just brown fur. She lived till she was 21, and all the way till about 2 weeks before she got sick she was running around like a puppy, May your dog be with you for many more years healthy and happy :-)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

I could be wrong, but Sadie looks to have strong bloodlines in the direction of Border Collie. Border Collies have been wowing veterinarians for years now. With their smarts and longevity.

I loves those Dawgs! Best wishes to Sadie and her pack!

yes your not wrong there
shes border collie through and through

She's running with a new pack now but we had 8 border collies when she was little, then we had collies and wolfhounds and now she's running with the new guys 2 poodle, cocker crosses

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join