It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House "We the People" initiative - E.T. Disclosure, Corruption, Balanced Budget, etc...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

I thought a representative Government already worked like that.

We tell our local rep what we want them to say and they are supposed to say it....

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by Xcathdra

I thought a representative Government already worked like that.

We tell our local rep what we want them to say and they are supposed to say it....

It does.. What makes this different though is the White House being involved and pushing this idea. Usually if we want a redress / petition we go through our Senators and Congressmen since they are the ones responsible for creating legislation and what not.

The President has the ability to reach the entire democratic base (since he is head of that party) in addition to having access to Congressional leadership in ways citizens do not. Having the White House put their weight behind an initiative does give the petition some weight.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by nusnus
Interesting.

But on a scale of 1-10, alien disclosure sits on the bottom 2 of my list.

I'd rather collect signatures on the 'corruption in the government' disclosure and question the bankers/politicians in their midst.

There's a TON of other stuff that has precedence if you ask me.

Good link tho so I'l give you an S&F

Absolutely, I think there are much higher priorities too.

How about 'Ron Paul for President', lol.

In any case, imo it's pure BS - to improve his image before the election. It will make NO difference whatsoever, really.

It's like saying to a mafia capo - will you please abolish the mafia, or asking a mass murderer to please stop killing.

Don't fall for this. He has a history of lying and lying and lying ....does a leopard change its spots?

As awareness of the corruption and crimes grow, this also serves to discourage people from taking action themselves. 'Don't worry, the government will do it for you!.

If it was me, I would use this to plaster Ron Paul support messages all over the website!
edit on 3-9-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Alright Ladies, Gents, visitors from other parts of the galaxy....

The site is up and going....

[staff edit, link to trashed thread]
edit on Thu Sep 22 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Please dont post a link to your petition if you start one in this thread / or a new thread on this site.. I was asking the Mod Gods today about it and posting a link to a petition is actually a T and C violation -

15e.) Recruitment/Solicitation:

i) You will not use your membership in the Websites for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever. You will not Post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to disseminate advertisements, chain letters, petitions, pyramid schemes, or any kind of solicitation for political action, social action, letter campaigns, or related online and/or offline coordinated actions of any kind.

We will need to find an off site method if we want to support petitions.

I posted this so there wouldnt be any nasty surprises....
edit on 22-9-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
The White House has now changed the requirement to 25,000 sigs! Is that in response to the petition? I don't know, but this will not deter me from passing around the news. But no links on this site please, it's against the rules.
We have until the 22nd of October.
To all of you paranoid about signing onto the WH, you will have to be seen someday, when you finally stand up for something, instead of just writing cute little diatribes of 'How this could never work'.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Why so obsessed with disclosure? Two reasons:

1. Our elected representatives, corrupt as they are, are NOT in control of our government.

2. Those of use who know that aliens have been visiting us for a long time, and are even living on this planet, would like to be able to discuss and advance the issue with people in general, but can't, due to ridicule, refusal to accept other ideas, and threats to our livelihood. Face it, if all of this is true, it should be one of the most important issues to humanity, second only to survival.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join