It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House "We the People" initiative - E.T. Disclosure, Corruption, Balanced Budget, etc...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
So the White House just announced a new setup on their website called "We the People". This is where individual citizens can go and suggest policy ideas / directives / legislation. Once a person fills out the basic info, the initiative is placed on a list for 30 days. If the initiative recieves 150 signatures, it will become searchable in the database. During the 30 days the initiative must receive 5,000 signatures in order for it to move forward.

The White House states that if an initative gains the required number of signatures they will guarantee that people will be assigned in order to advance the policy initiative.

I figure that we could at least give it a try to get the ET disclosure question, and since this site has 16k +/- members getting the required minimum should be fairly easy.

White House - "We the People" initiative

Coming soon -

Here are the basics:

Individuals will be able to create or sign a petition that calls for action by the federal government on a range of issues. If a petition gathers enough support (i.e., signatures) it will be reviewed by a standing group of White House staff, routed to any other appropriate offices and generate an official, on-the-record response.

How many signatures? Initially petitions that gather more than 5,000 signatures in 30 days will be reviewed and answered.

There's another aspect to this meant to emphasize the grassroots, word of mouth organizing that thrives on the internet. At first, a petition's unique URL will only be known to its creator and will not show up anywhere else on WhiteHouse.gov. It's up to that person to share it in their network to gather an initial amount of signatures -- initially 150 -- before it is searchable on WhiteHouse.gov.

As we move forward, your feedback about We the People will be invaluable, and there are a few ways you can share it. Numerous pages on WhiteHouse.gov, including the We the People section, feature a feedback form. In addition, you can use the twitter hashtag #WHWeb to give the White House digital team advice and feedback. I'll also try to answer questions when I have time today -- you can pose them to @macon44.

Finally, while We the People is a fresh approach to official, online petitions, the United States isn't the first to try it; for example, the United Kingdom offers e-petitions, and this work was very helpful as we developed our own.

You can sign up to receive an E-mail alert when this goes live - E-mail signup

Process -

Step #1 - Create or Sign a Petition

Anyone 13 or older can create or sign a petition on WhiteHouse.gov asking the Obama Administration to take action on a range of important issues facing our country. To get started you’ll need to create an account and verify your email address. Start thinking about the issues that matter to you, what you would like the Obama Administration to do to address the important challenges facing our country, and who you’ll ask to join you.

Step #2 - Build Support and Gather Signatures

Creating or signing a petition is just the first step. It’s up to you to build support for a petition and gather even more signatures. Use email, Facebook, Twitter and word of mouth to tell your friends, family and coworkers about the petitions you care about.

Step #3 - The White House Reviews and Responds

If a petition meets the signature threshold, it will be reviewed by the Administration and an official response will be issued. And we’ll make sure that the petition is sent to the appropriate policy makers in the Administration.

The initial threshold to get a response from the Administration is 5,000 signatures.

edit on 2-9-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Interesting.

But on a scale of 1-10, alien disclosure sits on the bottom 2 of my list.

I'd rather collect signatures on the 'corruption in the government' disclosure and question the bankers/politicians in their midst.

There's a TON of other stuff that has precedence if you ask me.

Good link tho so I'l give you an S&F

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
It's a nice idea but it will never happen. You get every American involved and it won't make a difference. If there s something to disclose the decision has already been made. I don't get why people are so obsessed with disclosure, what do you expect to change if you know? Serious question not trying to be a pain.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by nusnus
Interesting.

But on a scale of 1-10, alien disclosure sits on the bottom 2 of my list.

I'd rather collect signatures on the 'corruption in the government' disclosure and question the bankers/politicians in their midst.

There's a TON of other stuff that has precedence if you ask me.

Good link tho so I'l give you an S&F

I agree... I chose the ET disclosure since any initiative that receives the required number of signature will receive an offical on the record response. I have another 25 ideas I would like to see as eventual laws. With the level of public dissatisfaction I can see this getting used a lot.

Now, if we can just get members of Congress to have a similar setup.....

Either way it opens the door to several topics we all want answers to and with the offical response I can see this being a double edged sword in favor of the people.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
This should be a great thing. Then someone will go and petition for a review into 911 and the whole thing will be frozen. I hope we all go there and blow up the signatories. Maybe any one of these issues might bring something good.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I know there are other more important subjects this could be used to tackle, and I imagine if anyone can put forward a petition, those issues will be at the top of their list.
For the purposes of this board however, I think it would be a really interesting thing to do, and I think there are enough people on here who could make up enough numbers, to at least get them to consider it.

Chances of anything coming from this... not likely.
Fact that someone is trying... brilliant.

I'd rather see a mixture of requests, than 100 about government corruption. No offense.
Sneak it in there.. give ATS'ers a link, and see what can be achieved I guess?

OP; Are you going to do this when the time is right?

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
It's a nice idea but it will never happen. You get every American involved and it won't make a difference. If there s something to disclose the decision has already been made. I don't get why people are so obsessed with disclosure, what do you expect to change if you know? Serious question not trying to be a pain.

I chose disclosure, but it can be used for any number of ideas. If the Government has information that shows we are not alone in the Universe, it should not be the governments position to hide that information from the people. We have a right to know since it directly impacts us.

As I said, it can be used for many many things, and not just disclosure.

The White House is opening the door.... Its up to people to walk through that door with their ideas, whatever they may be.

Point is, if the criteria is met, you are guaranteed an offical response on the topic.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deplume
OP; Are you going to do this when the time is right?

I am... I signed up for the email alert for when this goes live. I posted the info here for the reasons you and others have brought up. I think the people on this board can come up with a LOT of good ideas, and with the number of users we can get the signatures to advance it.

Disclosure was just one idea, obviously if used correctly I can see this bringing the possibility of changes.

If criteria is met and it goes no where then that in and of itself is a story.

If this goes live I think we should check with site admins about maybe making a seperate forum for people to post proposals and links to the page (when its live) to support a particular endeavor.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Updated the OP with more info and a video explaining how it works. Changed the title a bit to encompass more than just ET disclosure.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
13 or older? Then why did I have to wait until two years ago to vote??? nonetheless this may end up being a great thing.
edit on 2-9-2011 by LunchBocks because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Great Find!!! S & F for you.

For a cause though, I agree with 2nd poster on above cause. While disclosure would be great, It is not my top 3 even.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by MRSeuphoric1

I changed the thread name around some to encompass more than just disclosure. The possibilities are pretty muich going to be endless for how this gets used.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by LunchBocks
13 or older? Then why did I have to wait until two years ago to vote??? nonetheless this may end up being a great thing.
edit on 2-9-2011 by LunchBocks because: (no reason given)

The mindset is that at 13 you can suggest ideas for the government. They just dont want you to hold them accountible until your 18.

You should suggest that as an issue to look at -

The government makes decisions that affect children on a daily basis (20-30 years down the road) yet kids dont have a voice in government. Kids can be charged as an adult yet are unable to vote to make changes to the legal system. The government decides how money is spent on education, yet kids dont have any say on the matter.

Old enough to be charged as an adult yet not old enough to vote.

The voting age should be lowered...

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I am just wondering how the White House is thinking of this as a new concept? Have they turned over so much staff in two years they don't recall the last time they attempted it??

Citizens Briefing Book

That attempt was so over-run by 'legalize pot' and 'disclose UFO's' suggestions, it became more a joke than anything else. They certainly didn't seem to do anything about even the serious suggestions from that which gained serious support and traction. So, why would we all want to try another White House brainstorm when the last try they made was all but trashed and ignored entirely, despite assurances it would be taken seriously then?

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
i would love to get on board with this.

mods or anyone who knows: could we start a thread on here, stating our initiative or petition, explain our position on the subject and then post a link to our initiative? or is that a violation?

i wanna know about aliens, too. they'll tell us about aliens before they'll tell us about what they've been doing to us. but then again...how will we know that any of it's true?

S &F for you!

edit on 9/2/11 by ICEKOHLD because: wanted to say good eyes...thanks for sharing.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
While a part of me wishes such an effort to improve our nation was sincere in its intent, I am not convinced that such an effort will do anything except clearly identify for the Communist Czars that control the levers of government, all those that openly oppose government and all those that openly support reforms from such criminal and corrupt practices.

Petitioning to end the secrecy and provide us with UFO disclosure will most importantly Identify all those concerned citizens that openly oppose corruption in government which would be a great dissenters list to have if you are needing to know who will oppose criminal government.

Knowing who opposes or stands for such issues and using a government web site to collect such names of support is to me a sure way of creating a "List" of names that Communist would then use as an enemies list when the time comes to remove the mask, roundup and deal with the dissenters and enemies of the state.

I truly wish that we could muster our social consciousness and come together as a nation of concerned citizens to send a loud and clear message to those in power, but in this day and age of corruption and at this late juncture of Americas orchestrated demise and fall from super power to some corrupt third world dictatorship, I feel we should think about such lists in a different manner.

This concern is exactly why putting your name on a list, in my opinion, is a sure way to get that "special treatment" that will be dished out at the FEMA re-education camps and or FEMA death camps for all those that openly opposed the Communist and atheist Zionist system of corruption and evil for the sake of making profits.

I know this may sound paranoid in nature to some and I know it may not be to very trusting, but at this late juncture, I have lost my idealism to the current political reality in my face 24/7, and because of what I see day in and day out from our politicians and globalist media heads, I feel my paranoia may be justifiably warranted.

While I don't personally call my paranoia, paranoia, I do call it being survival cautious and if that's a crime, then I are one.

Consider what truly matters to you and if you find that my concerns are in any way warranted, then I am glad I contributed to anyone becoming just a little bit more enlightened about serious matters that we all are currently facing.

I have tried to offer you some different thoughts to consider. Only you can decide if it matters enough to consider that government web sites used to collect names under the guise of helping is to me a mouse trap of sorts that should be avoided for the reasons I have just provided.

Thanks for the thread. It game me something to remember about how things once got done in America and well, it took me back. When I came back to my senses is when I knew I had to mention this concern, because conspiracy discussion is what ATS is all about.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
This is such smoke and mirrors. This "initiative" should be called "tell the president how to do his job because hes clueless initiative.".

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by amongus
This is such smoke and mirrors. This "initiative" should be called "tell the president how to do his job because hes clueless initiative.".

Either way im willing to give the benefeit of the doubt if its legit.

US citizens have been able to petition the government since the adoption of the Constitution. That being said I think this is the first administration thats taken these types of steps in order to facilitate the petitions. Until this endeavor is proven to be a failure, I will try and remain optomistic.

As with everything, a good idea does take hold now and again and can lead to change.

Lets see how it works and go from there.

Maybe we can get a petition started that would allow this exact same process for congress?

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Not a bad idea at all. I think the ability to directly petition is refreshing. I can only add if a issue gains enough support and is "looked into" there should be a tracking mechanism.

At who's office did the great idea die?

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Will they ever actually make it work, or will this be like the broadband initiative.
This is one of the better ideas.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join