It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Say what you want about Alex Jones but He's a great booker

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Say what you want about Alex Jones at least he's exposing tyranny and he's comical while doing it. He's a solid booker as far as guests. End of discussion. He has some really credible guests. See its not really him. Its the people calling in. Police and random people.

They are talking about normal stuff not anything crazy or off the wall. Like the guy in Illinois getting a life-sentence for filming police. Insane.

I just want to know is he a cointelpro agent or a agent provocateur? Maybe Alex is a covert double agent. An opposing/rival camp in the nwo? Who knows.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Id say hes a self aggrandizing fear mongering douchebag hack, but hey, just sayin what i want you know

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Johnze

Id say hes a self aggrandizing fear mongering douchebag hack, but hey, just sayin what i want you know

Agreed.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
An interesting paradox to point out however, is that Alex Jones was telling people not to panic or worry when the swine flu scare happened. On all the MSM channels they were pushing pandemic fear hard core, and he was saying it was all a scam and a hoax.

So while you can call someone a fear monger, there are always exceptions and I could easily show an example of him doing exactly the opposite.

Just playing Devil's Advocate there.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Look at all the ads on his website...then you can see where his true priorities lie.
I'm talking about the number of ads, not the content.
He fearmongers all the time..."the US is about to be under martial law"
"We will attack Iran within a year" ...2 years later...nope.

He has some good guests like Ron Paul, but I think Ron Paul should stay away from the guy. It won't look good for his image if the MSM pulls up one of the more 'crazy' discussions. But that's just their ace in the hole. They've discredited him enough without having to pull out that card.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

Ok, so since when is Charlie Sheen a credible guest?

No offense to Alex Jones, but really, is this what HE would even want or expect as a credible person backing him?

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

You're right. he is sometimes right. But a lot of the stuff he says can't really be verified, or stuff that's just completely false.

Like that movie he came out with that claimed Obama's realy name was Barry Soetoro.
No way to really verify it, and now that his BC is out, it seems highly suspect. CNN has actually mentioned that members of his family have the last name Soetoro. You'd think that would be a name they'd avoid if it were true.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johnze

Let's face it, the truth is scary. And I don't blame him that he often gets a little over-excited.

Nowadays, people are programmed to only understand things on the frequency of 'Fear'. Otherwise, you're just blowing hot air, because people don't get that tingly feeling required to trigger an emotional reaction. Just give him credit that he is at least covering stories and bringing up points none other dare to touch.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Johnze

Fear mongering huh? I don't know if you live in the US or not, but with people getting arrested for filming in a public place, there is no need to fear monger, it's legitimate fear. Fear of what this country has become and fear of what it will evolve into. I hate to say it, but if we would have had an Alex Jones watchdog type guy 50 years ago, we may have avoided the current mess we find ourselves in. Maybe our father's and grandfather's wouldn't have let this country be sold out to globalists & corporations if they would have been exposed to a little 'fear mongering', or at the very least someone who would have the guts enough to shed some light on the ever present tyranny in this world. So, with that being said, what are you doing to expose tyranny and stand up for liberty? I'm sure your the president of your local we are change chapter right?

Yea, didn't think so.

At least Jones brings these issues to the table and sheds some light on things most people wouldn't have ever realized existed.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Look, rather than get into some long winded tirade about why i think he is a total fraudster and spend most of the night furiously multi quoting half a dozen posts, ill just briefly sum up my personal opinion and point you to any number of the threads that exist concerning Alex Jones.

Yes, the man may have a point about corruption and the evils of where society is headed etc, however if people honestly took the time to educate themselves about history and society, in general, anything he says will come as no real surprise. I personally do not need a fanatic, exploiting a some what niche market in publicity which only serves to further his own personal agenda to tell me how the world is, I would much rather find that out for myself as I feel i can do this in a much more grounded and reasoned fashion as I personally have no biased agenda to push.

Oh and by the way, things are better now than they have ever been.

Having said that, if you feel Alex Jones and Prison Planet is the be all and end all of socio-political commentary, then hey, why not?, whatever makes you happy[or unhappy]
edit on 2-9-2011 by Johnze because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnzeI personally do not need a fanatic, exploiting a some what niche market in publicity which only serves to further his own personal agenda to tell me how the world is, I would much rather find that out for myself as I feel i can do this in a much more grounded and reasoned fashion as I personally have no biased agenda to push.

I take it you have this same position against any other news outlet? So why are you so fascinated with AJ?

Originally posted by JohnzeOh and by the way, things are better now than they have ever been.

Let me guess, you live in 'reality' right?

Having said that, if you feel Alex Jones and Prison Planet is the be all and end all of socio-political commentary, then hey, why not?, whatever makes you happy[or unhappy]

He's one voice. Not a messiah. And this false conceived notion that everyone believes he's something more than what he is, but just some other guy talking about current events, is also false.

If you disagree with the guy, just say you disagree with him. Going around banging your drum of opposition doesn't really make you look any different.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by BeyondPerception

Yip pretty much, i treat all news outlets with the scrutiny and mistrust they deserve. An no he is not just some guy reading "news", this is a rather odd assertion to make concerning how he conducts himself. And yes i do live in reality, as thats usualy the best place to be when trying to evaluate the world around you.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Johnze

Oh and by the way, things are better now than they have ever been

I'd bet the 46+ million people on food stamps may not agree, nor anyone else with eyes and ears. Good god man, the signs are everywhere you look that it's not better now than it's ever been. Are you that out of touch with current financial and geopolitical events?

As far as Alex Jones goes:

Some people take what he says as the gospel.

That is a bad approach to take with any public or political figure.

Much of what he says is genuine and can be researched back to official government documents, so you know it's not B.S. BUT I'd be flat out lying if I were to say he doesn't sensationalize the headlines and or actual news story itself.

As always, research the info for yourself, and don't trust others to tell you the truth. Make your own judgements and conclusions. Believe nothing you hear and half of what you see.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Nucleardoom

No matter what you say mate, things are far better now than they ever have been.

200 years ago we would have either been A] Press ganged into the army or the Navy or B] Sold as indentured slaves.

Our life expectancies would be somewhere in the 30's on account of being killed by war, disease or poverty, we would not have a vote[as if that matters now, but still] we would not be able to read or write, we would not have had an education, all in all life with have been a horrifying nightmare. And that would be if we were white Europeans, dont want to know how life would have been if we had been African or Native American, oh wait, i do know!, we would be sold as slaves or murdered as our fellow peoples were being genocided.

Sounds awesome!, wish i lived back in the day, goddamn comforts of modern society keeping me safe.

Sure things could be admittedly better, but there not are they, however despite how bad things are now, times in history were far worse, far far worse.

new topics

top topics

join