It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Start of Israel v. The Middle East? -- Turkey Expels Israeli Ambassador

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Source -- BBC News

Turkey has expelled Israel's ambassador and suspended all military agreements over its refusal to apologise for last year's raid on a Gaza-bound flotilla. This comes a day after a leaked UN report said Israeli commandos used excessive force when they boarded an aid ship. Nine Turkish activists died. The Turkish Foreign Minister, Ahmet Davutoglu, said it was "time Israel pays a price for its illegal actions". Israel has refused to apologise and said its troops acted in self-defence.

Could this be a precursor to war? Seems to me like Turkey is drawing a line in the sand and telling Israel they are no longer above International Law.

The thing that really makes me loose respect for Israel is it refuses flat out to apologize for murdering civilians. The report quoted in the BBC article states that Israel had sent their forces into INTERNATIONAL WATERS before the ship had reached the flotilla, before they even approached it. While there are two sides to every story the body count seems to support only one side.

-Lightrule

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
errr turkey won't evar do anything to Israel.
Turkey wags it's tail for America or at least the Turkish president does.
and America wags it's tail to Israel. Get mah point?
Id love the day turkey gets out of America's control but never will another
leader like Ataturk will emerge to save turkey, lots of people are gonna die
once ww3 starts because of Turkey and Syria conflicts.
edit on 2-9-2011 by foreshadower99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Whaaaaaaaaa!!!It's the end as we know it!!

The jews and muslims have been at it for a long time now, in fact since before Christ.

Why don't they just stop all this pussy footing and just get it over with. Sheesh

Mean, seriously, just do something... hold hands... don't hold hands... annihilate each other... don't annihilate each other... anything.. but this back and forth thing is getting boring.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Can't see Turkey attacking Israel, this is showmanship at most

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainSteelyDan

The jews and muslims have been at it for a long time now, in fact since before Christ.

Huh?? Since before Christ? Even Christians didn't exist before Jesus, let alone current-day Muslims, lol.

Although this does look like a bit of attitude shown towards Israel, I doubt this would be the cause of a war. It's just the end of the suck up period.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by nearlyfabled

Huh?? Since before Christ? Even Christians didn't exist before Jesus, let alone current-day Muslims, lol.

Although this does look like a bit of attitude shown towards Israel, I doubt this would be the cause of a war. It's just the end of the suck up period.

They have been fighting ever since Abraham threw Hagar and Ismael out of his house to the dessert.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Why don't they just stop all this pussy footing and just get it over with. Sheesh

Mean, seriously, just do something... hold hands... don't hold hands... annihilate each other... don't annihilate each other... anything.. but this back and forth thing is getting boring.

What? Given Islam is about 600 years younger than Christianity please explain how Jews and Muslims been 'at it' since 'before Christ'.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Turkey will eventually join the coalition that attacks Israel in the Gog-Magog war. Egypt and Libya will also be part of this coalition as will Iran and Syria. This is all just "stage setting" from what I can see.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
It is a line in the sand - but it doesn't mean war will follow. If more nation states treat the Israeli government in the same way - demand that they hold themselves accountable and be held accountable - then maybe they'll stop their appalling conduct.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
How is killing someone when you illegally board a ship self defense? Kudos to Turkey for having the balls our so called leaders lack.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776
Turkey will eventually join the coalition that attacks Israel in the Gog-Magog war. Egypt and Libya will also be part of this coalition as will Iran and Syria. This is all just "stage setting" from what I can see.

Seeing how Iran hasn't started a war in what 200 years I doubt they will be starting anything because they know Israel has the US by the short hairs. If there is a war as usual Israel will be the one starting it while crying we were defending ourselves.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by christina-66

He means arabs...the non-jewish descendents of Abraham.

He's somewhat wrong, though. The issue is primarily with the political state of Israel and its actions, and not necessarily jews and muslims, etc. There hasn't been an extreme amount of conflict there for a good bit of history, and jews all the way up to modern day have lived in predominantly muslim countries (still jews in Iran, not sure how many left in Iraq but believe there was a decent population before the US went stupid over there, etc.).

It's mainly a political issue, and the religious aspect really only rears its ugly head when the more extreme elements can get a better soapbox due to some sort of political motivation, for the most part.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainSteelyDan

Muslims where not around before Christ... do you mean Arabs?

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
As a Turkish citizen who knows the Prime Minister personally, I can tell you that Turkey will definitely not attack Israel.

It is against the current governments beliefs to initiate war with anyone. They've been trying to improve their relationships with all of their neighbors in the past 6 years.

However, if I know the PM well, he's sending a message to the Israelis saying: Look, we might be allies, but I won't sit quiet when you do something wrong.

Thats pretty much what it is...diplomatic tension to get what they want from Israel. And Turkey will eventually get it. The PM is a stubborn guy

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Islam was not existing before Christ....

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

If that's what he means then that's what he ought to have said. It's that kind of carelessness that causes all kinds of confusion and strife.

Hell I've met people round my way who think Jesus was a catholic.

Anyhow I know it's political - I know many Jews who are sick and tired of the constant conflict. They want investment in their infrastructure, education etc. just as we do. All the dosh is spent on their military. I'm always careful to talk of the actings of the Israeli government and NOT the Jewish people on this one. It is in the government's interest to maintain the conflict to keep the same people in power.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Lightrule

I would like to add that they have voided any defense agreements with Israel as well.

Turkey has beenn making some puzzling moves lately, I wonder what they will do with the current Syria situation as well

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Praetorius

It's mainly a political issue, and the religious aspect really only rears its ugly head when the more extreme elements can get a better soapbox due to some sort of political motivation, for the most part.

Well it might be that way right now - but that's simply because that all the countries are on a secular basis.
When and if war does boil up between Israel and the Arab countries occupying it's "holy land", it will be pushed by a religious agenda.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
I read the news and since i live in Greece,my worries are double.Unfortunatelly the greek newssite that i read about it mentioned that a Turkish official(i think it was the PM,can't remember right now) made threats against Cyprus as well,due to the close relations they have with Israel.

On the other hand the paranoid conspirasist in me shouts false flag!!!!!
I was thinking that if Turkey start a war with Israel,then all the Middle East countries will seize the opportunity and will take Turkey's side(coz i don't see anyone fight on Israel's side) and we will have a full scale war.Unfortunatelly Turkey being a member of NATO will drug into this war many countries.A perfect excuse,because "the war against terrorists" takes one country at a time.This will be massive,especially if they play the religion card.
If they attack Cyprus,Greece will have no choise but to help the Cypriots.Although the economy of Greece is in the worst shape,we still manage.A war would destroy us completely.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Arabs/muslims... middle east in general has been fighting the jews since forever.

though even having to explain myself is a little ridiculous seeing as most of you are smart little people,correct?? Think you coulda figured out what I mean without me having to explain it to you, huh??

stick to the thread, folks

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join