It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Essence of Thought

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
What if there was only one eternal thought that our brains continually interpret by filtering this one thought.

This thought wouldn't be a thought about anything in particular, but rather, the essence of what a thought is without specificity.

Perhaps enlightenment is the attunement of one's thought receiving patterns to become more in line with the one true thought that is thought essence.

What if that thought essence is what everything was made out of?

Telepathy would mean disrupting the field strongly enough so that one's interpretation of the thought would stem from your thought disruption.

I was just thinking...

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

I call the source, everything that is and is in every single thing which exist. We are living experiences from the beginning to end of one of our many cycles, here on earth or in any dimension.

Thruthseek3r

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
thoughts are inputs, imo. input from where ?

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
What if everything we think comes from one simple thought along the lines of "what is next"

Birth to death, a series of highly calculated but perhaps ultimately chaotic decisions based on conclusions from constant "what is next" moments.

A constant state of imagining the time space continuum that's still to unfold. Pretty infinate possibilities really.

Amazing to think that it's all just lots of minute electrickery goings-on in squishy balls of flesh and bone.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
See Bill Hicks

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by christina-66

Thx for posting this video, ive never heard of this guy before but im a fan now. Doesnt it seem like some of the smartest things ever said came from someone doing a standup routine?

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by StratosFear

Your welcome....and don't the good always die young. Bill Hicks died in 1994 - he was just 34 years of age. Yes - he was a genius and yes the lines from that routine have been burned to my memory.
edit on 2-9-2011 by christina-66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by christina-66

? I was hoping he was a new comic. I`m still gonna find some more videos, hes good.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

its ok you can still catch him in a show, just look for Denis Leary come around.....

To the OP: The "essence of thought" cannot be determined unless we can define what thoughts are. What works for you may not work for someone else. Can you be certain how other people think? Maybe you deal in shapes and I deal in numbers....
edit on 9/2/2011 by The Endtime Warrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Endtime Warrior

its ok you can still catch him in a show, just look for Denis Leary come around.....

To the OP: The "essence of thought" cannot be determined unless we can define what thoughts are. What works for you may not work for someone else. Can you be certain how other people think? Maybe you deal in shapes and I deal in numbers....
edit on 9/2/2011 by The Endtime Warrior because: (no reason given)

I know people think differently. What I was saying was that there might be one external/internal thought essence that gets translated differerntly by different people depending on the electrochemical configuration of their brain.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Ok I see what you are saying. Ya, what if? I mean you can speculate all you want but to me until we figure out our own individual thoughts can we then begin to work outward to discover this "thought essence" . That was kind of what I was posting about. It's a problem for me because I believe it is impossible for anyone to think alike. At some point a standard needs to be defined.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Endtime Warrior

Ok I see what you are saying. Ya, what if? I mean you can speculate all you want but to me until we figure out our own individual thoughts can we then begin to work outward to discover this "thought essence" . That was kind of what I was posting about. It's a problem for me because I believe it is impossible for anyone to think alike. At some point a standard needs to be defined.

Well you don't have to know something is true before you can believe it to be.

If what you believe individually about the essence of thought happens to correspond with the truth of the essence of thought then you will personally be able to move forward as far as that idea could take you.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Interesting concept on thought, but would we not act all the same, simetric since there is only one thought.
We have our own thoughts that spring from somewhere, I mean everything and anything will pop up from some where, from some place where it takes birth. The magic box of thoughts

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78

Interesting concept on thought, but would we not act all the same, simetric since there is only one thought.
We have our own thoughts that spring from somewhere, I mean everything and anything will pop up from some where, from some place where it takes birth. The magic box of thoughts

What I mean is there being some kind of pervasive thought essence field that we channel with our brains and give it a definition depending on our electrochemical configuration.

The nature of the thought essence would be uniformly undefined. It would just be an essence of what thoughts are made out of. Sort of like consciousness, but not necessarily.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   

whoa, deep. You're preaching to the choir on that one! It's been the story of my life...

top topics

join