It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are Americans so Vengeful?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by m1991

Americans do not have the largest military the world has ever seen. The Red Army had OVER 2 million troops which is already more than what the US currently has in active duty. Nor are Americans gun-crazed. There are plenty of Americans who do not support the second amendment and there are also plenty of Americans who do support it who aren't infatuated with the concept of blowing someones head off. I own a 22. rifle and I use it just for plinking. Farmers also need firearms to protect livestock.
With all of the guns already illegally floating around in the US it would be dumb to outlaw firearms because then law-abiding citizens couldn't protect themselves against criminals who already have illegally obtained guns.
As for the death penalty I see no problem with it. Would you want people like Dahmer, Bundy, or Gacy running lose? Even if they were in for life that's taxpayers money paying for them and the families don't get any sense of retribution.
It is always healthy to question and criticize your government, but you cannot nit-pick it for every little mistake. If you are so anti-american you shouldn't be living here, reaping the benefits of being a US citizen.

And before jumping on the "american violence" bandwagon, I suggest you read up on Issei Sagawa

en.wikipedia.org...

Oh almost forgot A Serbian Film, which was talked about in a different thread.

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 2-9-2011 by StopFearMongering because: Added a link

edit on 2-9-2011 by StopFearMongering because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy

Originally posted by th3dudeabides
Far too many Americans, Imo, have the maturity of kindergartners. They want more than they need or can use themselves, they are too self-absorbed, they watch too much tv, they consume far too much, take no responsibility for their actions and avoid culpability at all costs, they are intellectually and spiritually lazy, they place value on things not people, they love their bible but don't understand it's origins, they love slogans like America is #1 but can't say why. Idiocracy is right now. I love the idea of America, but I'm growing a massive dislike of the slovenly consumeristic fat f&^$ks that far too many Americans are becoming or already are. The ideals of America that were set down by the framers are only an idea now, in its place we have is a bunch dip#s and criminals running things through a defacto coup. The country that America was and now is are not the same. I hate to say this, but the world would be a better place without America. America is pretty much responsible for each and every problem in the world.

Now there's a dose of truth for ya!

Interesting how everyone who's opinion matches yours "speaks the truth", You, my friend, would make a great addition to the Republican Party.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Americans are vengeful because they are different. They are worse.

Canadians never take vengeance. They never go to war! They only fight when the King or Queen of England is in trouble, because even though Canadians love peace, the Kings and Queens of England are delicate and need to be protected from Germans.

Europeans are very peaceful and cooperative by nature. For thousands of years, the only thing they ever disagreed on was religion and race. Genocide is very rare in Europe, and everyone gets along all the time!

When Europeans go to other places, they always make friends with the locals and participate in fair trade. Europeans never went to America and killed Indians. That was the Americans, from the beginning. The Americans were too busy trying to keep all the slaves that the Europeans accidentally moved to America.

Europeans know Americans are vengeful, because American wine isn't as good. Plus, Europeans like to live in diverse countries, and never split up or fight because of ethnic differences. Americans all came from somewhere else and live together, because they are too stupid to know any better.

Europe only destroyed itself twice in the past 100 years because, as everyone knows, the Americans started it. And the Germans. The Germans are all Nazis, and so are the Americans. But the Germans love peace now, they never tell other European countries what to do!

When Europeans go to America, which almost never happens anymore (no one moves to America, why would they?) they get fat and stupid, because of NASCAR. They forget how to play football, and start putting on helmets and shoulderpads to have wars all the time.

All Americans do is fight. Europe never fights, that's why there are so many battlefields and castles there. Because they love peace.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by NightShift

Applause, sir!
You just summed it all up. Can we do summaries like that for Asia and Africa, too?

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
Vengeful? [joke] I'm gonna get you for that!![/joke]

No. Just very, perhaps at times overly so, protectful of what we view as ours.

Someone wants to steal my TV? I'm probably going to let him/her do so, unless they try to harm me or my family in the process... It's just a thing, and very replaceable. Others may not be so "understanding".

Most Americans that I know, I since I am American, that's quite a few; feel the same way. Understanding, even forgiving, but only to a point. Pass that point? You're going to have a problem on your hands.

That's not vengeful. Not sure you can define exactly what it is, since there are so many shades of color involved.

Why is that person entitled to your TV? I say CHUTE 'EM.
Someone stealing necessities under conditions where you are not desperate yourself for them is another thing entirely. We should all have some compassion for those in need (up to a point), but otherwise why let someone steal your property? Granted, you should give him/her the chance to give it back before you fire.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by m1991

They don't have shame. The only shame they feel is the shame of getting caught. My personal opinion is that the death penalty doesn't work, has never been proven to deter the crime rate in this country and costs tax payers over a million per inmate to get them through the extensive appeals process. I would hate to see an innocent person killed for a crime they didn't commit, but then again isn't everybody in prison "innocent"?

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightShift
Americans are vengeful because they are different. They are worse.

Canadians never take vengeance. They never go to war! They only fight when the King or Queen of England is in trouble, because even though Canadians love peace, the Kings and Queens of England are delicate and need to be protected from Germans.

Europeans are very peaceful and cooperative by nature. For thousands of years, the only thing they ever disagreed on was religion and race. Genocide is very rare in Europe, and everyone gets along all the time!

When Europeans go to other places, they always make friends with the locals and participate in fair trade. Europeans never went to America and killed Indians. That was the Americans, from the beginning. The Americans were too busy trying to keep all the slaves that the Europeans accidentally moved to America.

Europeans know Americans are vengeful, because American wine isn't as good. Plus, Europeans like to live in diverse countries, and never split up or fight because of ethnic differences. Americans all came from somewhere else and live together, because they are too stupid to know any better.

Europe only destroyed itself twice in the past 100 years because, as everyone knows, the Americans started it. And the Germans. The Germans are all Nazis, and so are the Americans. But the Germans love peace now, they never tell other European countries what to do!

When Europeans go to America, which almost never happens anymore (no one moves to America, why would they?) they get fat and stupid, because of NASCAR. They forget how to play football, and start putting on helmets and shoulderpads to have wars all the time.

All Americans do is fight. Europe never fights, that's why there are so many battlefields and castles there. Because they love peace.

All you have said is true, but aside to that we don't invade country after country.
sooner or later you Americans are going to start WWIII. someone will stand up to you.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by m1991

Despite what people say, America is inherently violent by nature. This is the result of pretty much a fear and distrust of everything, originating from the first colonists.

I don't see it as wrong necessarily. Obviously vengeance is wrong, but people are stronger in our ability to deliver a response to actions against us.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by m1991

Well, we decended from one of the most barbaric people that ever walked the earth....it's in our DNA

u mean decended from british?

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

LOL I had totally forgot about the GWB shoe incident.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by m1991

We're sick and tired of carrying an ungrateful world on our backs.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4

All you have said is true, but aside to that we don't invade country after country.
sooner or later you Americans are going to start WWIII. someone will stand up to you.

sooner or later? me thinks it already has.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by m1991

Originally posted by CherubBaby
reply to post by m1991

I think your info and the way you opinionize your content makes this obviously an "Op Ed" piece.. Did you conduct a survey to arrive at these conclusions? And BTW when you say Americans are "This and That and Feel like This and That" You are talking about yourself too.. If you are an American....

I'm not talking about me. I'm talking about the 'average American'. I mean it's proven fact about 2/3 of Americans support the death penalty and a similar number think an innocent person has been put to death. It's also proven fact most Americans are fanatical about guns and resent people who are on public assistance.

Vengeance and justice are two different things entirely. Sometime we as Americans go overboard in our pursuits, but make no mistake, we are the most generous country on the face of the planet. The things we've invented and developed has done much more for the world than our worst detractors.

I'm proud to be an American.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by radosta

People in Asia are really quite tired with all the American vengeance that is going on. Americans always like to talk about inventing things like the airplane and the internet, but the Chinese have invented many more things, like gunpowder, crossbows, landmines, fragmentary grenades, chemical warfare and explosive cannonballs. They never used these things against each other though.

They even found hundreds of terra cotta soldiers in China, but they were all intended for peaceful use.

Countries in Asia never fight each other. Mongols rode around on horses and asked all their neighbors for money, and the neighbors all complied, because the Mongols seemed nice. When countries in Asia split their names into North and South, its because the Americans made them do it. All the people in the South just wanted the Americans to leave, so the people in the North would help them by telling them what to do.

Not many people know this, but Japan and Russia are a part of Asia, and they always try to help everyone fight the Americans, by taking them over so they can build more tanks and kamikaze airplanes. They like to build those things as a team, while the Americans always have to build them by themselves, because they can't get along with anyone. Americans can't do anything as a team!

Africa is filled with a rich history of never taking any vengeance, ever. Their neighbors, the Europeans, came to help them stop fighting tribal wars and turned them into colonies, which really worked out great for everyone. People in Africa understand that tanks and missiles are weapons of vengeance, so they work out their problems peacefully with machetes and AK-47s.

Back in the old days, some tribes realized that other tribes were going to be trouble, so they captured them and sold them into slavery. But it was ok when Africans did it, because in the end, all those slaves ended up being Americans. Those slave traders must have known that those other tribes were no good Americans, so they got rid of them. For peace.

Places like Sierra Leone, Somalia, Rwanda, Zimbabwe, Sudan, Uganda, South Africa and Liberia are never in the news because Americans don't care about anything. If they were in the news, you would know that they always have good leaders and get along. I've heard that sometimes, when the American media goes to these places, they have some problems. But it all calms down when they leave.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by mythos

sooner or later? me thinks it already has.

No-one has really stood up to America yet in these modern times. I can't wait until someone does. America isn't going to get better until someone smacks it in the face. Hard. Unfortunately, the reality is, no-one can yet. Sigh.. Why can't someone just smack my country in the face. I want it to wake up....

Cheers
edit on 2-9-2011 by Qemyst because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by m1991

I happen to love shooting my guns, and I have yet to kill anyone, and definitely don't want to, I don't live anywhere near Hollywood and don't want to, or to be like an action hero, but I don't see anything wrong about protecting myself or others, you seem to have some violent thoughts in your head yourself, but I hope that we can all get past all the violence one day, but I will still want to own my guns, I love to shoot, it is fun, and I enjoy it. And the last I heard violent crime hasn't decreased in gun-ban countries, but has increased, but we are all entitled to our views and opinions, and I respect yours.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Europeans never invaded countries, they only helped locals to create colonies, because that was the fair thing to do. When the Africans learned all that they could from the friendly Europeans, the Europeans just left. The Africans didn't even have to ask.

America probably will have to start WW3, because the Europeans already started WW1 and WW2. When the Americans get too fat to breathe, it will be up to the Europeans again to start WW4. Americans will have to be revived if WW4 is to end, though, because Americans always get involved in other people's business.

So far, only good guys have had the guts to stand up to Americans. Imperial Britain, Santa Anna, Imperial Germany, Adolph Hitler, Kim Il Sung, Chairman Mao, Ho Chih Minh, Saddam Hussein and the Taliban were all blameless, peaceful forces of good. The rest of the world couldn't figure out why the Americans were always fighting such classy people and governments. While all these countries were busy spreading peace and providing an example for the rest of the world, the Americans were getting jealous and trying to stop them.

Omar Gaddhafi wasn't so great though, so the French and British just decided to ask him to leave, nicely. The Americans came in and ruined everything though. Now Libya is nearly free and everyone is miserable.

I blame the Americans.
edit on 2-9-2011 by NightShift because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by MRSeuphoric1

Originally posted by CherubBaby
reply to post by MRSeuphoric1

Excellent posts.. I think it's another Smear America and Americans issue and at the very least unresolved resentment..

Thank you, I will never understand the ignorance of an American saying they hate America. Its up to us to change it. Are there things I hate, yes. Is our government for the people, not a chance, Is this my responsibility, ABSOLUTELY.

Personally, If you are going to do nothing but spread anger and hate on America and say you would love to leave, then GET THE HELL OUT

You completely fail to comprehend the topic of discussion.

Apparently you failed to realize the OP was talking about the United States' presence worldwide. It sounds like he couldn't care less about his current life status, but merely he feels ashamed and is looking for answers.

You say you 'never understand' people who say they hate it, but "won't just leave". Leave and go where? How is that going to change America's foreign policy or make America own up to it's excessive military.

Maybe "anger and hate" is what Americans ought to do. The only reason the US turned into a pack of wild dogs with a military industrial complex, is because all the good lil Americans cheered it on post-Cold War, and wanted more and more military nationalist pride.

Now it's time for that to go away, and it's going to chopped down, spat on, toppled and dragged away kicking and screaming. It's people like you that need to get over it, frankly.
edit on 2-9-2011 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
SyphonX, I'm confused by the argument you're presenting. Could you clarify it for me?

You completely fail to comprehend the topic of discussion. Apparently you failed to realize the OP was talking about the United States' presence worldwide.

Sorry, apparently i failed to realize it, too. I re-read the opening post, and there is a sentence or two about bombing, but almost all of the post talks about the American personality using domestic examples. Would you explain to me the parts about our worldwide presence as found in the opening post?

You say you 'never understand' people who say they hate it, but "won't just leave". Leave and go where?
If that is a real question and not just rhetorical (because I could have misunderstood your point), I suspect that some other posters in this thread could make suggestions for you.

How is that going to change America's foreign policy or make America own up to it's excessive military.
I don't understand your point about "excessive military." We make adjustments up and down, now and then. I do understand that you don't like large militaries or violent behavior or too much vengence, but who (outside of our own system) gets to decide for us what size our military should be? The UN, United Arab Emirates, Libya, Sweden?

I'm sorry to admit how confused I am, but since the argument is based on an opposition to violence, vengenance, and all that sort of stuff, do you then approve of:

it's going to chopped down, spat on, toppled and dragged away kicking and screaming.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by NightShift

So far, only good guys have had the guts to stand up to Americans. Imperial Britain, Santa Anna, Imperial Germany, Adolph Hitler, Kim Il Sung, Chairman Mao, Ho Chih Minh, Saddam Hussein and the Taliban were all blameless, peaceful forces of good. The rest of the world couldn't figure out why the Americans were always fighting such classy people and governments. While all these countries were busy spreading peace and providing an example for the rest of the world, the Americans were getting jealous and trying to stop them.

Is this a joke? If not, then this has got to be the most bizarre statement I've read on this site ever.

Also, it's clear to me by the OP that kids in America's are being taught to destroy us from within.
edit on 2-9-2011 by type0civ because: another thought

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join