It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are Americans so Vengeful?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by MRSeuphoric1

Thank you, I will never understand the ignorance of an American saying they hate America. Its up to us to change it. Are there things I hate, yes. Is our government for the people, not a chance, Is this my responsibility, ABSOLUTELY.

Personally, If you are going to do nothing but spread anger and hate on America and say you would love to leave, then GET THE HELL OUT

I don't hate America. I just wish we weren't so vengeful and merciless. We have this idea of us being meek, righteous Christians, but we have NO sense of turning the other cheek and we worship mammon, I'm not even religious, but it's a point I make.

Since I can't leave America now, and might never, I do want to change it.
edit on 2-9-2011 by m1991 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy
reply to post by MRSeuphoric1

This comment just shows your ignorance. And by ignorance, I mean the exact definition. Not an insult, you just haven't learned something yet. Yet your trying to have an opinion on it and subsequently looking foolish. (and like a liberal

MRSeuphoric, this is the second time you've called the OP ignorant. I don't know, but I venture to say if he had done the same to you, you would have taken it as an insult. There's other ways to express your opposing view without having to resort to calling him ignorant, isn't there?

I specifically said not an insult. Maybe you should read the definition of ignorance.

ig·no·rance/ˈignərəns/
Noun: Lack of knowledge or information: "he acted in ignorance of basic procedures".

I in no way was trying to be insulting so As stated earlier, no disrespect intended.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by m1991

Then they will just get a fake ID and buy them from their local gun shop. Something's wrong when you can get a gun in an hour but it takes 9 months to get a passport.Text

Hmmm.....I'm not aware of any local gun shop in my state where you can get a gun in an hour. Also, it doesn't take nine months to get a passport. You're starting to crack me up with this stuff, m1991.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I would not call it vengeful at all..

Being defensive is what has let
humans survive thousands of years
without being killed off.

What would of happened if HITLER
was allowed to kill a whole race of people (some people would of found joy)

What if one group of people came to take
the food of another group that they have not produced?

The nature of man is an eye for an eye.
Without it, it might of been you that was never born..

When the Japanese joined the world war attacking pearl harbour
dropping the bomb was not vengence.

When Osama bin Laden had the trade centers blown up.
You suppse he go free? Would that not be treasonous
to the people who have put you in control..

It is not vengence it is JUSTICE..

Justice must be served.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

I specifically said not an insult. Maybe you should read the definition of ignorance. ig·no·rance/ˈignərəns/ Noun: Lack of knowledge or information: "he acted in ignorance of basic procedures". I in no way was trying to be insulting so As stated earlier, no disrespect intended.

I'm aware of the definition of ignorance, MRSeuphoric.....thanks for the reminder, though. My point is, usually people take offense to being called ignorant, despite the definition in the dictionary. You're free to use the word as you please.

Just sayin......

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

alrighty then... i'm just gonna leave this conversation now, 'cause you seem to have you knickers in an uproar.
i wouldn't mind an intelligent debate, but you're anger at a perceived demographic has clouded your ability to do so. good luck disdaining a concept, and half the US population. and good luck regurgitating what Rush want's you too.

i will say this... it is quite easy to put a label on something, then sling all sorts of hyperbole onto that label. it's what all fear mongers and hate mongers do so well. toss some red-meat into the ring and watch the 'em get riled up like sharks.

but if we're gonna toss labels around, then for whatever perceived folly "liberals" have done, "conservatives" have done just as much. who do you think bangs the war drums most oft, most swiftly, and with the most relish?

if killing is killing, be it abortion or war...then how do we justify American aggression. America was born amidst genocide and slavery, and it hasn't really come to terms with such a violent birth. in fact, it seems to be caught in a cycle of war and violence.

yet Americans seem all to ready to justify their violence... often hiding behind the 2nd amendment. Yet rarely do i hear of intelligent exploration delving into the subtleties and intent of the Founding Fathers, 'cause who wants to question their Glock... BLAMMO!!

which, i think, is the OP's point... why are Americans so darned quick to justify their violence?

he (she) may not have presented his (her) argument in the most eloquent of fashions, but there is a kernel of truth
to what he (she) is saying. just look in the mirror, mate. i can feel your anger jus' like yoda felt anakin's!

it's gonna lead you to the dark side, mate... always does.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

OMG...seriously I am gonna pull my hair out.

This is another incorrect statement, and by the way, guns dont kill people, people kill people. Probably chalk all school shootings up to bad parenting/supervision/ or mental illness.

Okay, respectfully, here is my opinion on your rant since you asked for it,
Read about the US constitution. Read what our fore fathers intended the laws and rules to be. Then study history/current government and you will notice that yes, those rights are being stripped from us. Then ask your self who can change it??? And are you part of the solution??? If your not part of the solution, then your a part of the problem.

Guns don't kill people no, but they make it much easier and likely for people to kill people. I agree school shootings are the result of bad parenting and mental illness (not to mention bullying), but the fact is if we had tighter gun laws, most of them would not happen.

Our forefathers originally meant for the Constitution to only apply for white males. It wasn't written by God and wasn't a perfect document. If it was, it wouldn't have had to be amended so many times.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by m1991

We have this idea of us being meek, righteous Christians, but we have NO sense of turning the other cheek and we worship mammon, I'm not even religious, but it's a point I make.

m1991, using "Christians" as an example is cracking me up again. Christians spew more hatred than just about any other group I've seen in my lifetime.

link   

reply to post by m1991

OMG...seriously I am gonna pull my hair out.

This is another incorrect statement, and by the way, guns dont kill people, people kill people. Probably chalk all school shootings up to bad parenting/supervision/ or mental illness.

Okay, respectfully, here is my opinion on your rant since you asked for it,
Read about the US constitution. Read what our fore fathers intended the laws and rules to be. Then study history/current government and you will notice that yes, those rights are being stripped from us. Then ask your self who can change it??? And are you part of the solution??? If your not part of the solution, then your a part of the problem.

What a sad tired excuse.... "guns don't kill people, people kill people". That is getting very old.
People kill people with GUNS.
No guns ..........no shoot shoot . now thats a fact.
Americans are so Immature, generalizing of course.
edit on 2-9-2011 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy

Hmmm.....I'm not aware of any local gun shop in my state where you can get a gun in an hour. Also, it doesn't take nine months to get a passport. You're starting to crack me up with this stuff, m1991.

Okay I admit that was an exaggeration. The gun thing. It does take some people months to get their passport. Even close to a year sometimes.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by mythos

well for those of us who study world history and looked at the history of europe,asia and the rest of the world

the us does not come even close to being "barbaric" as they have and that is a fact.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by m1991

If you don't like it, Then why don't WE change it??
Let's get this place in shape!!

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by mythos

really... you're dropping the "L" word and using that as a justification to devalue the OP's point and validate you're own perspective that the 2nd amendment is the crowning achievement of the Founding Fathers. every time i hear someone drop the "L" word as a blanket term for all things bad in this country i can't help but think of Rush Limbaugh's blathering face and the hate mongering propaganda he eschews... and what's worse than Rush but one of his puppets. now, i'm not calling you a puppet, but if you've got an opinion, don't reduce it to name calling... i mean, hell... liberal is not a dirty word. conservative is not a dirty word. it is the divisive hate-mongers who make it as such. don't believe the hype! think for yourself, man!

Thank you, Mythos!

You took the words right out of my mouth.....

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by m1991

I dunno, I think defending our gun laws when school shootings have become an epidemic is pretty fanatical. Also when other countries have changed their gun laws to become more strict and seen decline in murder. It's pretty irresponsible imo to be so pro gun.

Why should I be barred from gun ownership because someone else shot up a school? People commit arson with gasoline, should we outlaw that?

I would also like to see sources for the countries seeing a decline in murders. You keep making claims without proof. Also, what is an epidemic? We've had a handful of school shootings that were very tragic but I wouldn't call it an epidemic.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

It might be "old and tired" , But it's the truth!

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

yeah well it wasnt a conservative who dropped the bomb twice.

no matter how its spun and when people push that they are better than the other side as in the op

when they arent even close.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by obummerdeception
I would not call it vengeful at all..

Being defensive is what has let
humans survive thousands of years
without being killed off.

What would of happened if HITLER
was allowed to kill a whole race of people (some people would of found joy)

What if one group of people came to take
the food of another group that they have not produced?

The nature of man is an eye for an eye.
Without it, it might of been you that was never born..

When the Japanese joined the world war attacking pearl harbour
dropping the bomb was not vengence.

When Osama bin Laden had the trade centers blown up.
You suppse he go free? Would that not be treasonous
to the people who have put you in control..

It is not vengence it is JUSTICE..

Justice must be served.

You've proven justice is just a euphemism for revenge.

1) The thing is we didn't stop Hitler. He did the Holocaust. He was pretty much successful. There are hardly any Jewish people in Europe today. We just saved the few who survived. We turned away many Jews trying to come to America to escape. Only for them to be killed in Europe. Many argue without the war, there wouldn't have been a Holocaust.

2) Why not share?

3) No, that's a text by Hammurabi.

4) They dropped the bomb because of something we did first.

5) Bin Laden wasn't behind 9/11 most likely. And even if he was, the way we shot him unarmed (assuming even that is true) was dishonorable. We should have brought him to America to be tried.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Thank you, I will never understand the ignorance of an American saying they hate America. Its up to us to change it. Are there things I hate, yes. Is our government for the people, not a chance, Is this my responsibility, ABSOLUTELY.

MRSeuphoric, please show me the post where an American in this thread said they hate America.

Aside from that, I have great respect for the rest of your comment. We Americans need to take personal responsibility for the shape we are in and stop trying to blame political parties or other people and circumstances for our mess. Rarely does anyone make statements such as yours.

link   
...And what makes your sh!t smell like lemon pledge and sunshine?
I love these threads typed out be someone who lives behind a keyboard.
Its not that America doesnt work, The World doesnt work.
edit on 2-9-2011 by StratosFear because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by mythos

well for those of us who study world history and looked at the history of europe,asia and the rest of the world

the us does not come even close to being "barbaric" as they have and that is a fact.

Oh really?

I guess taking the land from the native people is nothing?

I guess enslaving millions of Africans is nothing?

I guess bullying the whole planet with our nukes and armies is nothing?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join