It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are Americans so Vengeful?

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I already gave the answer to the OP on the end of page 6. No one actually commented. Alexsander's blog was next, contradicting someone, he didn't mention who, but I don't think he was speaking about me.
Vengenance all began because of religion, against the native indians. The prevasive attitudes continue to this day.
It should be known that not one inch of american territory was taken from the native indians in wars of aggression. NOT ONE INCH EVER!
It was all done by lies and underhanded tricks.

And why did Lincoln and the 14th admendment free the blacks but not the native indian?
Because Lincoln was black, that's why.
The 'Indian calvary' were the white calvary that went out and killed indians and stuff. The 'black calvary' were the black calvary that went out and killed indians and stuff. What if was the other way around. That the 'indian calvary were indians that went out and killed blacks and stuff. And the 'Black calvary were the white calvary that went out and killed blacks and stuff.
In 1965, there were 15 million blacks in the u.s. and 1 million indians. What if it were the other way around, and there were 15 million indians, and 1 million blacks?
Would 'diggers' be a worse word than ''n-word's, now?
No president ever, not even Andrew Jackson did more to destroy the native indian than Lincoln.
The lies, tricks and vengeful attitudes that happened then, with events such as the real story of Thanksgiving, as I described on page 6, began there, established a national attitude, and continue to this day.
And now that we've got a president that isn't even an American, the vengeful attitudes have come full circle.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Its almost like its in our blood. i do agree we are vengeful, but thats often due to a difficult past.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
If we americans were as vengeful as you say, most members of congress, and pretty much everyone on wall street would be dead now. the crimes committed against us by just those two groups are so massive..if we were so vengeful, monsanto would be gone, they introduced GMO's into the food chain..americans these days are only vengeful on the little stuff, not the big stuff.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by m1991

This just in, Europeans have killed themselves in war and political genocide much more than Americans have ever done to their own. That's just talking about the 20th century. Do the math bro, and get off of your high horse. The death penalty is much more humane than just letting someone sit in a tower with a mask on in solitary for their entie life. As is leaving them in a camp to starve to death, or ingnoring starving displaced citizens after World War 1 & 2 nothing short of torture. Lethal injection in the USA for an ACTUAL CRIME is about as humane as you can get. Now go take a long walk, then a cold shower, two fish oils and a nap. No drinking prior to though.
~SheopleNation

edit on 3-9-2011 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Another thing I have noticed. It seems that the majority of people who make statements condeming the vengeful violent actions of the U.S. and it's military....never seem to want to talk about why we had to act in the first place...or what other people or Nations action....were the catalist for vengence.

Many in the Middle East...are more than happy to break out in Cheerful Street demonstrations upon being informed of a violent action carried out against the U.S. or U.S. interests. Then get all upset and start pointing fingers crying...FOUL!...once a sucessful act of American retaliation is carried out upon those whom attacked the U.S. This is a double standard and is tantamout to sour grapes.

If you play with fire...don't bitch if you get burned. Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by roadtoad
I already gave the answer to the OP on the end of page 6. No one actually commented.

OK here's my comment. I completely agree with the assessment in your earlier post

And why did Lincoln and the 14th admendment free the blacks but not the native indian?
Because Lincoln was black, that's why.

No, he wasn't. He certainly didn't look black. If you have some information about some secret black ancestry for Lincoln, do let us know.

Anyway abolishing slavery was definitely much easier than the whites packing up their bags and returning to the continent of their ancestors or giving up political control and handing it over to a council of natives the only ways I can think of that could have "freed" the natives.

About the rest of your post, not sure what your gripe about blacks is. Are you a Native American who is more upset about what blacks did to natives under the supervision and orders of whites than the whites who independently massacred the natives while using the blacks for the same purpose as well? If so, tell us more about why that would be so. Or are you a Native American who is resigned to getting the rough end of the stick from whites and are now alarmed about the same happening from other races as well?

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

Originally posted by Atzil321
The united states was a nation born in violence, and built on genocide, slavery and greed.
Nothing much has changed in the intervening 235 years since its founding. You can dress
it up in self righteous christian morality and the american dream, but its bloodsoaked origins
still remain just under the surface. You can still see it in its modern form in the militization of its whole culture, people are fed a diet of propaganda from cradle to grave, its good to kill, war is 'just' when we do it, god is on our side, greed and lust for power should be celebrated, so on and so forth.. The united states controls most of the planet through violence or the threat of violence. You ask why are you so vengeful? because vengence and violence are two sides of the same coin, and the u.s is the most violent nation ever to have existed.

I see you are from the UK. I have been there and found the people to be polite and purposeful in their actions. But you seem to forget your past. As any surviving WWII Vet. what their opinion toward the U.S. is? I think you will find they all have a great fondness of Americans and are VERY HAPPY we decieded to help them during the war. Split Infinity

You must be very old if you are a WW2 war vetran is what they are called. That era of people are a different era . people spoke fuller english and even americans english was quite plesant . And yes we all had fond memories of the Americans if we were the ladies . The actual english and australian soldiers who were away fighting a REAL war . unlike toddays invasions , really disliked the American soldiers as they would be on leave back in there home country Australia or England and stealing the local ladies . Many a fight broke out over that , so I am told by an american friend whos father was stationed in Australia and told him how badly the australian males treated them .

So that is more the correct history rather than that rosie lie thats told .

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Veilwalker
If we americans were as vengeful as you say, most members of congress, and pretty much everyone on wall street would be dead now. the crimes committed against us by just those two groups are so massive..if we were so vengeful, monsanto would be gone, they introduced GMO's into the food chain..americans these days are only vengeful on the little stuff, not the big stuff.
Good points . maybe they have become kinda sick mental;ly and vengefull because they cant deal with the big stuff and the big stuff is really disempowering them , thus they start to take it out on everyone around them ....just thinking of all the extreme violence in the police there . Another very disempowering situation . Loosinng your home from being quite properous is disempowering .

So yes MEAN from being disempowred

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewsWorthy
reply to post by m1991

To the OP:...Spend a weekend at my house in Vallejo and you'll see why we need guns..Because if we didn't have them the Home Invasion rate here would be unbelievably worse. We just had some 1 try and come in our backdoor this week while running from the police and what do you think made him realize this isn't a place to hold out an possibly take Hostages???Hint: it wasn't a smile and a welcoming gesture.....Look what happened when Australia took guns from the citizens, The Criminals still had them and home invasion/robbery went through the roof..look it up...As far as war goes most Americans don't want war but we have no say in what our government does. Example: did we have the ability to vote on getting involved in any of these wars???Answer: Nope!..It's not that we are overly Vengeful it's that we know a good portion of people in the world want to take whats ours an the only way to stop that is EQUAL FORCE..Sorta Like Cold War Mutual Destruction...Also ALL OF AMERICA IS NOT FIRST WORLD...I have been to third world places in Latin America and there is plenty of places in the U.S. that are no Better.
I actually agree that Americans need guns . people should be able to defend themselves as we are not all expert marshall artists .

I only learnt these things by listenning to the american rave and rant shows .

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by MRSeuphoric1

Excuses, just BS. If you want to leave, leave. Just denounce your citizenship, file for a passport, wait 4 monthes, then get on a plane and dont look back

why should the OP leave...? because they have a valid point and you dont like it. Maybe it is you that should leave for not supporting the OPs right to free speech...

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
What shall you ponder next? I have some suggestions along your line of thought:

WHY ARE MEN RAPISTS?

WHY ARE WOMEN STUPID?

WHY ARE CHILDREN SPOILED BRATS?

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
post by purplemer

why should the OP leave...? because they have a valid point and you dont like it. Maybe it is you that should leave for not supporting the OPs right to free speech...

Maybe you should completly read the thread before you comment....

OP stated he "would love to leave America but cant becuase I have family here and its hard to get a passport"

And I call BS... There's nothing worse than an ungrateful, irresponsible American sitting on the sidelines bit**ing and DOING NOTHING TO CHANGE IT.

So before you stick your two cents in, back up and read the first 4 pages cause I am all over them participating in the debate. I only bowed out of the conversation after a day and 5 pages because I realized this thread is pointless cause the OP keeps flip flopping his opinion. (needs some history lessons.)
edit on 4-9-2011 by MRSeuphoric1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by DieBravely

Again somebody commenting without thouroughly reading the thread..... Why I will bother is beyond me, but here it goes...

quote from OP, page 1

I would love to leave the United States, except I have family here and also it's extremely difficult for me to even visit other countries because of the difficulty in getting a passport.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

My bad, I quoted the wrong post.

Still, I think it's a bit unfair to cal "draft dodgers" cowards. They did what people always say to do "Don't like it, leave." They didn't want to do their duty, so they stopped being Americans. Easy-peasy
edit on 9/4/2011 by RedGod because: Wront post

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by gandamack2

Wow.

Not much for research there, are you boss? There is a difference between "rap" and "gangsta rap".

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
I see you are from the UK. I have been there and found the people to be polite and purposeful in their actions. But you seem to forget your past. As any surviving WWII Vet. what their opinion toward the U.S. is? I think you will find they all have a great fondness of Americans and are VERY HAPPY we decieded to help them during the war. Split Infinity

Really? That's where you're taking it? We help them out in a war (showing up late, might I add) and now we can do no wrong, huh? You're better than that, I think. It's been nearly seventy years, there's no reason for us to continue to live in the '40s.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by swimmer15
Any sources backing that Australians crime rate has indeed gone down? All I can seem to find states otherwise.

AUSTRALIA: MORE VIOLENT CRIME DESPITE GUN BAN

It is a common fantasy that gun bans make society safer. In 2002 -- five years after enacting its gun ban -- the Australian Bureau of Criminology acknowledged there is no correlation between gun control and the use of firearms in violent crime. In fact, the percent of murders committed with a firearm was the highest it had ever been in 2006 (16.3 percent), says the D.C. Examiner.

Even Australia's Bureau of Crime Statistics and Research acknowledges that the gun ban had no significant impact on the amount of gun-involved crime:

In 2006, assault rose 49.2 percent and robbery 6.2 percent.
Sexual assault -- Australia's equivalent term for rape -- increased 29.9 percent.
Overall, Australia's violent crime rate rose 42.2 percent.

Moreover, Australia and the United States -- where no gun-ban exists -- both experienced similar decreases in murder rates:

Between 1995 and 2007, Australia saw a 31.9 percent decrease; without a gun ban, America's rate dropped 31.7 percent.
During the same time period, all other violent crime indices increased in Australia: assault rose 49.2 percent and robbery 6.2 percent.
Sexual assault -- Australia's equivalent term for rape -- increased 29.9 percent.
Overall, Australia's violent crime rate rose 42.2 percent.
At the same time, U.S. violent crime decreased 31.8 percent: rape dropped 19.2 percent; robbery decreased 33.2 percent; aggravated assault dropped 32.2 percent.
Australian women are now raped over three times as often as American women.

While this doesn't prove that more guns would impact crime rates, it does prove that gun control is a flawed policy. Furthermore, this highlights the most important point: gun banners promote failed policy regardless of the consequences to the people who must live with them, says the Examiner.

Source: Howard Nemerov, "Australia experiencing more violent crime despite gun ban," D.C. Examiner, April 8, 2009.

You say 2006 had a record number of gun murders - how meaningful is that though, when the entire country probably still had less than 100 gun murders? The only evidence you presented about Australian murder rates is a statement made in 2002 and an anomaly in 2006 which isn't very meaningful because gun murder is so low in general in Australia.

According to the Australian Institute of Criminology, most violent crime categories declined between 2000 and 2007. Source: www.aic.gov.au...

Sometimes I think these gun sites just make up figures on the spot.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by gandamack2
When you are dealing with a "Hate America" subscriber,then honest debate,with facts to back up your argument,is impossible...those,like the one who started this thread,as if it were an honest topic,will not debate you on a level playing field...they take one item out of an entire post and tear it aprat with made up statistics and waste the whole thread....read back over the last 18 pages and you wil see well thought out,well crafted replies attacked with inane remarks,totally ignoring the facts presented....

No, it is you guys who blindly defend America and your vengeful views at any cost without realizing what I say has substance that are ignoring reality and are stubborn.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedGod

There's a petition now to allow concealed carry on college campuses. It would really cut down the fatalities in the next shooting, you know?

Perhaps, but it will also make them much more common. Would it make you feel warm and fuzzy inside if your classmates were packing lead and could shoot you at any moment if you made them mad?

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by kx12x
reply to post by neo96

I could not agree with you more.
I don't see how liberals think it's wrong to give the death penalty to people who commit unspeakable crimes, but its just fine to abort completely innocent fetuses (aka babies). I find their views extremely backward.

To the OP, what you're saying sounds like, if America didn't have it's guns and the Second Amendment, we'd all become peace loving people? I'm sorry but it doesn't work like that, that's just wishful thinking. We'd just be losing more of our rights as Americans. Remember, a gun doesn't kill people, people kill people. If we didn't have the right to own guns, people would find other ways, like knives for example. would we make owning knives illegal too, and anything else that could possibly be used to kill another person with?.

1) I'm against abortion too actually. I'm a pacifist and I see it as a form of violence, so by principle and not by any religious belief I oppose it. Also I don't believe people somehow become less human by committing crimes.

2) No, not necessarily. Our obsession with guns is only a symptom of why we are vengeful people.

3) People kill people yes, but guns make it so much easier. When will people stop using this cliche as a defense for their beliefs? It's only begging the question.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22 >>

join