It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are Americans so Vengeful?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

that op wreaks of liberalism where their is nothing remotely remsebling liberalism in there meaning freedom.

you have a problem with the military and the second ammendment then you have problems with the us constitution.

really... you're dropping the "L" word and using that as a justification to devalue the OP's point and validate you're own perspective that the 2nd amendment is the crowning achievement of the Founding Fathers.

every time i hear someone drop the "L" word as a blanket term for all things bad in this country i can't help but think of Rush Limbaugh's blathering face and the hate mongering propaganda he eschews... and what's worse than Rush but one of his puppets.

now, i'm not calling you a puppet, but if you've got an opinion, don't reduce it to name calling...

i mean, hell... liberal is not a dirty word. conservative is not a dirty word.
it is the divisive hate-mongers who make it as such.

don't believe the hype! think for yourself, man!

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by CherubBaby
reply to post by MRSeuphoric1

Excellent posts.. I think it's another Smear America and Americans issue and at the very least unresolved resentment..

Thank you, I will never understand the ignorance of an American saying they hate America. Its up to us to change it. Are there things I hate, yes. Is our government for the people, not a chance, Is this my responsibility, ABSOLUTELY.

Personally, If you are going to do nothing but spread anger and hate on America and say you would love to leave, then GET THE HELL OUT

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by m1991
Just think about it I mean. America has the largest military the Earth has ever seen, and most people in America don't feel outraged about using it for whatever reason, unless a lot of American troops die and a lot of American money is wasted. Bombing entire nations into the Stone Age is acceptable retribution to many Americans for killing 3,000 of us.

I'm pretty sure the US does not has the biggest Military in the world.

Korea = 8,691,500
Vietnam = 5,495,000
Russian Federation = 21,781,000
Iran = 3,833,000
India = 4,768,407
People Republic of China = 4,585,000

United States = 3,049,790

I think most Americans are very clueless as to what is really going on in the rest of the world. Most of what you see is propaganda, false flag attack to rally support for things like "Shock and Awe." People reacting to the lies they are told, and the fear propaganda that makes them think their lives are in danger, but does that make them bad people, I guess it depends on whether there able to open their mind to other possibilites and dismiss the ignorance. Blind faith in anything is dangerous.

We are told we are strong and powerful through Army, Navy comercials but in the end it's just a comercial, in the end it's up to you to either take it on good faith or do the research yourself. I think maybe lazy but not very vengeful, there are those in the world that have much less and much more of a reason to be vengeful.

edit on 2-9-2011 by mileslong54 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-9-2011 by mileslong54 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by mythos

newflash the only people who have problems with:

the military
the second ammendment
the death penalty

ARE LIBERALS.

the most vengeful people that ever lived case in point murder is bad war is bad the death penalty is bad abortion is good!.

have a problem with over 200 million people who have never killed a person in their lives? NO YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO OWN A GUN.

LIBERALS thats a fact.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
The OP is a commie, case closed, now let's all hold hands and sing we are the world!!!

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by MRSeuphoric1

Excuses, just BS. If you want to leave, leave. Just denounce your citizenship, file for a passport, wait 4 monthes, then get on a plane and dont look back
edit on 2-9-2011 by MRSeuphoric1 because: (no reason given)

Good luck finding a country that will allow me to work.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

Do you have sources for these claims? I like guns, but certainly don't consider myself fanatical. I don't think any reasonable person would either.

I dunno, I think defending our gun laws when school shootings have become an epidemic is pretty fanatical. Also when other countries have changed their gun laws to become more strict and seen decline in murder. It's pretty irresponsible imo to be so pro gun.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by mileslong54

what is going in the world that United State citizens are not being told and how do you trust these sources?

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnIntellectualRedneck
reply to post by m1991

Canada, Australia, and Great Britain are vastly different in terms of culture and demeanor, as you've actually pointed out yourself in the upper part of your thread. What works for them will not necessarily work for us here in the States.

Personally, I've seen no less than 4 criminals chased off with a gun in my life. One of them was brandishing a huge knife at my grandma when my grandpa came out of the back with a 12 gauge. He held that thug with his shotgun until the police arrived to cart him to jail. But I suppose that my grandpa protecting his family is somehow uncivilized.

You're right, they are. The thing is guns are more lethal than knives or most other weapons, so it's logical that the more of them that are around, the more murder there will be.

I'm glad your grandma was fine and your grandpa didn't have to live with killing a man. However, what if the situation was the opposite, and the criminal had the gun and your grandpa had the knife?

I'm sure guns do stave off a few murders once in a while, but they cause so many more.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by mythos

newflash the only people who have problems with:

the military
the second ammendment
the death penalty

ARE LIBERALS.

the most vengeful people that ever lived case in point murder is bad war is bad the death penalty is bad abortion is good!.

have a problem with over 200 million people who have never killed a person in their lives? NO YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO OWN A GUN.

LIBERALS thats a fact.

i don't support abortion either.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I think that we should actually kill the scum on death row the day after they are convicted. It would save the hard working tax payer some hard earned dough. But the Marxist lawyers see a way in to make a dollar and get their name in the paper by helping this garbage escape whats coming to them. Bleeding heart liberals would feel differently if it was their loved one who was murdered in cold blood.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

this thread irks me for the simple fact canada and the us and even central and south america now where did most of us come from eh? EUROPE! meh.

I had to give you a star, Neo. Sometimes you crack me up.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by m1991

This comment just shows your ignorance. And by ignorance, I mean the exact definition. Not an insult, you just haven't learned something yet. Yet your trying to have an opinion on it and subsequently looking foolish. (and like a liberal

Finding work is not the issue here, bottom line if "you don't like it, you want to leave" as you said, GET OUT.

Go spend a month in any other country in the world and see if you don't change your tune.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by m1991

I dunno, I think defending our gun laws when school shootings have become an epidemic is pretty fanatical. Also when other countries have changed their gun laws to become more strict and seen decline in murder. It's pretty irresponsible imo to be so pro gun.

It's not irresponsible to be pro-gun, it's irresponsible to own guns and leave them in places where irresponsible and troubled kids can get their hands on them and use them to murder others. There is NO excuse for that.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doublemint

what is going in the world that United State citizens are not being told and how do you trust these sources?

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...:Map_of_countries_by_number_of_active_troops.PNG

The fact that Americans have a egotistical belief that we are the stongest force in the world going off of blind faith and comercials.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by MRSeuphoric1

Go spend a month in any other country in the world and see if you don't change your tune.

I don't think if I spent a month in Italy, I would change my tune that fast

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

It's not irresponsible to be pro-gun, it's irresponsible to own guns and leave them in places where irresponsible and troubled kids can get their hands on them and use them to murder others. There is NO excuse for that.

Then they will just get a fake ID and buy them from their local gun shop. Something's wrong when you can get a gun in an hour but it takes 9 months to get a passport.

link   
reply to post by MRSeuphoric1

This comment just shows your ignorance. And by ignorance, I mean the exact definition. Not an insult, you just haven't learned something yet. Yet your trying to have an opinion on it and subsequently looking foolish. (and like a liberal

MRSeuphoric, this is the second time you've called the OP ignorant. I don't know, but I venture to say if he had done the same to you, you would have taken it as an insult. There's other ways to express your opposing view without having to resort to calling him ignorant, isn't there?

link   
reply to post by m1991

OMG...seriously I am gonna pull my hair out.

This is another incorrect statement, and by the way, guns dont kill people, people kill people. Probably chalk all school shootings up to bad parenting/supervision/ or mental illness.

Okay, respectfully, here is my opinion on your rant since you asked for it,
Read about the US constitution. Read what our fore fathers intended the laws and rules to be. Then study history/current government and you will notice that yes, those rights are being stripped from us. Then ask your self who can change it??? And are you part of the solution??? If your not part of the solution, then your a part of the problem.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by mileslong54

Originally posted by Doublemint

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...:Map_of_countries_by_number_of_active_troops.PNG

The fact that Americans have a egotistical belief that we are the stongest force in the world going off of blind faith and comercials.

oh okay I was looking for news. I dont really care if the U.S. has the biggest army in the world or not.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join