It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are Americans so Vengeful?

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by m1991

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by m1991

Well, we decended from one of the most barbaric people that ever walked the earth....it's in our DNA

You mean the English?

Haha no, We descended from Native Americans, some people call them Indians. The native Americans were barbaric people.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by krypt0n

Really? Because as I go about my daily life, I don't see a whole lot of folks descended from my people. I see a lot of Anglo-Saxon, Eurasian, Afro-Carribean, and Latin. Sure, lots of people claim an Indian princess in their heritage, but having a raped cherokee as a great great great great grandmother (maybe, because by now it's just family rumor), doesn't make you descended of the people.

And I wouldn't call the Columbian-era Natives "barbaric" so much as less advanced. Technology level =/= barbarism. James W. Forsyth, Andrew Jackson, they were barbaric.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
If I've got Indian blood it's due to the indians taking in the crazy French Fur trappers.

Many of the "halfbreeds" (that's what they called them, I think it's rediculous) are the result of stolen & raped white women, too. Us vs. them propogation b.s.

Now, if my husband's mixed ancestry comes from either black or the Sabine indians (hard to tell down here, creoles are so mixed), it's because they lived together as neighbors. The various Sabine and Houmas Indians down here are intermixed with the French because they lived the same lifestyle and culture. Very little to no fighting among them. The only thing I remember from people is the Indians that lived really far out, like had to catch a ferry to get to school, were a bit peculiar and poor due to refusing to move into more inhabited areas where they could get a job instead of living off the land. That changed some time after the 60s.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by steveknows

Perhaps you should ask the person I responded to why they think the rest of the world will fall when America does.
Yup.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by CynicalDrivel

A lot of Houma still kind of live off the land, no? At least more so than most other Indian tribes. Of course, they can't depend on the federal government bc they don't have federal recognition as a tribe. In the long run, probably more a blessing than a curse.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by radosta

They have a town named after them...what else do they need?..

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Why are Americans so Vengeful?

I think Hollywood has a lot to do with it. Modern music like and especially Rap, has a lot to do with it. But mostly it is the individual self absorbed notion that 'The World Revolved Around Me' mentality that rules supreme. People treat people badly, and worse the more resources that they have at their disposal.

Human nature is excrement of what they consume.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
America, As Encompassed by a Bad Poem:

Why does America pick on me?
Is it my religion, race or creed?
Why don't they all just go back home,
Eat cheeseburgers, drive while on the phone.

What is this race, with fangs unfurled
that is the scourge of the entire world?
All my problems are caused by them
Who steal my oil, gold and gems.

I'd help myself, if only I could
but where my cousins and brothers stood
is an empty spot, that causes me duress
because they all moved to the US.

America is just a place
It has no single guilty face
It's hard to swallow, but still its true
You are like us, we come from you.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

Rap isnt music,its an "art form"(although not much of one)it advocates and glorifies hatred and violence towards other races and women....and yes,it DOES promote intolerence and contributes towards the National Attitude,especially in certain races who listen to it...

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Seems to me that most people who decry america or ramble about how bad this country is are the types that don't have any backbone. They may have had backbone at one time but don't anymore. Maybe they got stuck amongst academics - some liberal brainwashing. In fact, our whole school system is filled with it. It's essentially a church for liberals.

Here is a fact for you: America might fight bungled wars on occasion, but NEVER have they fought the war KNOWING it was wrong! Their heart is gold. They do stumble and they can be dumb. But when you look through history you see brave men and women who sacrificed so much so that others could have a good life. History speaks for itself. If you want to focus on our mistakes then you're missing the heart of america, the very thing that makes us risk our lives for others.

Let me ask you something. If tomorrow China attacked Taiwan and Obama came on TV and enacted a military draft and you were of draft age and you were request to show up at hte local recruiting office, would you? Or would you pee your pants and gamble that in 5 years the war will be seen as a mistake, and hide out in canada while true americans are spilling their blood for our country? I suspect a lot of people out there have never risked their life for this country.

A lot of people bailed during Vietnam BEFORE we knew it was wrong! LONG before we knew that the Gulf of Tonkan incident may have been not so clear as first thought. They were cowards.

THIS is the heart of the matter. We're in trying times. There's NO easy answer!!!!!!
edit on 3-9-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by radosta
reply to post by CynicalDrivel

A lot of Houma still kind of live off the land, no? At least more so than most other Indian tribes. Of course, they can't depend on the federal government bc they don't have federal recognition as a tribe. In the long run, probably more a blessing than a curse.
Yes and no. Do they live off the land more than other groups? Sure, but they live in an area where whites live off the land far more than the rest of the country. I mean, I've fished for my supper a few times and grown gardens, and even cleaned wild mushrooms to fry. Put it to you this way, when was the last time you saw an Olive Garden server's facebook page plastered in pictures from his last duck hunt? And the one I'm thinking about is about as Arian as they come in this area.

And while the Houmas (Houma, depending on who you ask, btw) are not federally recognised, they are recognised by the state.
Wiki on Houmas

Houmas have the following last names, typically:

Billiot, Dardar, Naquin, Verrett, Verdin, Theriot, Gregoire, Solet, Soulet, Picou, Parfait, Dion, Francis, and Fitch. Almost every single name you can find nearly pureblooded french people under, and I know about half the Dardars I've met are black.

At the same time, the drinking problem that crops up in a lot of other tribes is masked by this area. The culture here is a bunch of heavy drinkers no matter their race, so even if the Indians were to drink themselves silly every day of the week, they've got white buddies chugging right along with them.

But as to the benefits, it's a mixed bag of nuts. They've got a lot less problems with intergration than other communities, but they don't have as much of the autonomous rights other tribes have. The culture that has survived is what was more palatable with a larger audience than themselves. Really, the ones that tend to think of themselves as Indian are the ones who hold onto their differences. Got some friends who look absolutely Houmas but consider themselves to be full blooded Cajuns. You know there's Indian blood, but you'd have to go back generations to prove it to them, and they'd likely be upset that you called them anything but white.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by m1991

Well you pretty much named it in your apraisal of Americans . its why the rest of the world dont really like Americans too much .
That aside I think they are a wonderfull talented creative bunch . That portion of them anyway .

The rest of the 1st worlder mainly see americans as stupid idiots , but now with this new agressive programme of attacking everyone in site , they are getting very scary .

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by CherubBaby
reply to post by m1991

I think your info and the way you opinionize your content makes this obviously an "Op Ed" piece.. Did you conduct a survey to arrive at these conclusions? And BTW when you say Americans are "This and That and Feel like This and That" You are talking about yourself too.. If you are an American....

The survey is there for all to see . its blatant in your face stuff as the OP has outlined .

Only mericans living in America dont understand there very natures .

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I could not agree with you more.
I don't see how liberals think it's wrong to give the death penalty to people who commit unspeakable crimes, but its just fine to abort completely innocent fetuses (aka babies). I find their views extremely backward.

To the OP, what you're saying sounds like, if America didn't have it's guns and the Second Amendment, we'd all become peace loving people? I'm sorry but it doesn't work like that, that's just wishful thinking. We'd just be losing more of our rights as Americans. Remember, a gun doesn't kill people, people kill people. If we didn't have the right to own guns, people would find other ways, like knives for example. would we make owning knives illegal too, and anything else that could possibly be used to kill another person with?.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atzil321
The united states was a nation born in violence, and built on genocide, slavery and greed.
Nothing much has changed in the intervening 235 years since its founding. You can dress
it up in self righteous christian morality and the american dream, but its bloodsoaked origins
still remain just under the surface. You can still see it in its modern form in the militization of its whole culture, people are fed a diet of propaganda from cradle to grave, its good to kill, war is 'just' when we do it, god is on our side, greed and lust for power should be celebrated, so on and so forth.. The united states controls most of the planet through violence or the threat of violence. You ask why are you so vengeful? because vengence and violence are two sides of the same coin, and the u.s is the most violent nation ever to have existed.

I see you are from the UK. I have been there and found the people to be polite and purposeful in their actions. But you seem to forget your past. As any surviving WWII Vet. what their opinion toward the U.S. is? I think you will find they all have a great fondness of Americans and are VERY HAPPY we decieded to help them during the war. Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by macssam
reply to post by m1991

us citizen can't discern between
hollywood and reality or good and evil
everything is dollar
john wayne

It is obvious you are not one to have the slightest bit of information of what the reality is....Not discern between Hollywood and Reality? In the REAL WORLD....Hollywood has not a clue or even come close to representing the REALITY....which is much stranger....and more lethal....than fiction. Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
America wasn't always like that. But about 25-30 years ago our culture decided it was sick of the hippy "peace and love" attitude and unfortunately felt it had to head 100 percent in the opposite direction.

Result? A culture that values being tough over being smart.

Really. It is that simple.

And I think we're paying a pretty high price for it.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Siddharta
Most Americans went there, because they were the losers and the beaten ones in their home country.
Such things make people very paranoid and aggressive.

Same as in Israel. They could have learned from the past, but instead they do the same, as was done to them.
That`s why US protects Israel more than anybody else.

Btw. I don't believe in that strong British root of US. As far as I learned, there was only one vote less for the German language. So if the US would speak German they still would be the same, just a little bit more Kissinger.

And if I may add: I think, the US are a very afraid people, because they never had to stand a real threat. They are still afraid of the monsters under their beds. Having no enemy makes people very weak. And your politriksters use this against you.

YOU ARE TOO FUNNY! LOL! The people of the U.S. are a frightened people?!? LOL!

It actually PAINS ME...to watch as certain groups of people blame either Israel or the U.S. for their current plights. I am heartened to see Democracy finally spring from the youth of the Middle East....driven by U.S. created tech. such as the Internet and certain Social sites...as dictators have a hard time controlling this type of information exchange.

As far as the American People being a frightened bunch....YEAH!....RIGHT!. In reality....certain regimes should thank their lucky stars that we have not obliterated them from the face of the Earth. An example is IRAN.

Back in January of 1981....the second Ronald Reagan was sworn in as President....Iranian leadership was releasing the Hostages as this was never a student Controlled event. They were told earlier to this date in no uncertain terms....EITHER RELEASE OUR PEOPLE OR WE WILL INVADE FULL SCALE.

YA....we were real scared. HA! Chants for JIHAD and Tribal bluster do little to counter the reality of a highly trained and proffesional all VOLUNTEER MILITARY. There is nothing that is more lethal and cunning as a Military that is VOLUNTEER....and looks at their service as a JOB. Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
The thing i find the most interesting is the people with the most hate toward America are the Europeans. The Europeans colonist are the ones whom first colonized this great nation are they not? They came here and committed genocide on the Indians. Lots of immigrants come to this great nation (America) like my great grandparents from Greece based on the promise of the American dream that the Europeans were selling...along with slaves that the Europeans were also selling. Maybe the blind hate comes from the thought that your countrymen left your some of your ancestors behind?

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by swimmer15
The thing i find the most interesting is the people with the most hate toward America are the Europeans. The Europeans colonist are the ones whom first colonized this great nation are they not? They came here and committed genocide on the Indians. Lots of immigrants come to this great nation (America) like my great grandparents from Greece based on the promise of the American dream that the Europeans were selling...along with slaves that the Europeans were also selling. Maybe the blind hate comes from the thought that your countrymen left your some of your ancestors behind?

Most Europeans are very Pro-American. I have traveled through most of Europe and with the exception of a few...I was greated and treated very kindly and all that I met...asked many questions and had a deep desire to gain information about the U.S.

American culture is everywhere. It is deply ingrained in the psyche of people world wide. No matter where a person may travel...they will find some example of American culture be it a Palestinian singing Hotel California by the Eagles...or drinking a Pepsi or Coke...dreaming of purchasing a Harley Davidson...eating at an American chain restaurant such as being in Bejing while locals eat at a KFC...or people questioning me about all things real or not that are American such as...Do all American own a CAR?

Split Infinity

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join