It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are Americans so Vengeful?

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swanfilters

Originally posted by gandamack2
England(those folks boil bacon...now how warped is that?)

You eat cheese that comes from a spray can, "cream" that has absolutely no dairy content whatsoever and burgers with 4,000 calories, you drink bright blue drinks that come from powder and your beer is actually the worst concoction of chemicals, so far removed from real beer. Actually, I'm surprised you can fit any food in your mouths, what with all the excrement that comes out of them. When you are not using your hands to type further excrement, you are stuffing your fat greedy faces.

Oh yeah, boiled bacon is Irish. YAIY.
edit on 3-9-2011 by Swanfilters because: (no reason given)
Out of a;; I had to say,all you can focus on is the line about boiled bacon and then rant hatred of Americans by what we eat and drink?..Like i said,the mods need to do their job and keep the threads on subject and correct such blantant hatred of a nation by others who live to rant about us...geeze man,get a life....

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by CynicalDrivel

I don't agree with the last part..The criminal "poor slob" made a conscious decision to violate the rules/ trust and respect/consideration for their fellow members of society. Society says we cant kill them so we lock them up....honestly i care about the persons needs about as much as the said person cares about mine. I treat everyone with respect, usually mind my own business and wish no harm on no one. I expect the same from people, I live within the rules society has outlined...if someone decides they don't want to then i don't feel bad for how they end up.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
our military is nothing what it could be and not even close to what is has been time and time agian made out to be.

the second ammendment is a right not by government but by the us constitution and what passes for the second ammendment is nothing but a bastardization of what freedom was meant to be and the secure the rights of every single person in this country.

the death penalty so what dont want to be killed to commit a crime punishable by death and get convicted by a jury of your peers.

that op wreaks of liberalism where their is nothing remotely remsebling liberalism in there meaning freedom.

you have a problem with the military and the second ammendment then you have problems with the us constitution.

Your posts typically irritate me...

You try to play yourself off (even via your avatar) as some kind of anti-establishment revolutionary/radical. Then when push comes to shove... you repeatedly defend (either directly or indirectly) the most tyrannical parts/aspects of our society and civilization- including but not limited to- ACTUAL big government (no not social safety nets), military/police, Capitalism, industrialization, economic hierarchies and wealth stratification.

So... wtf is the deal "neo"?

The revolution will not be right-wing.
edit on 3-9-2011 by NoHierarchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by m1991

Quit trolling.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

Originally posted by hawkiye (not)
Most Americans continue to support the death penalty even though most Americans also believe innocent people are occasionally put to death.

As long as said innocent people aren't you, though, it doesn't matter how many of them die.

Of course I never said that this is a quote from the op. Argue with what I said not with what I didn't say.

That might be true in your individual case, but it isn't in the case of many. The reality is that there are a vast number of Americans who enjoy nothing more than seeing someone else get crucified by the legal system, all the while basking in a glorious sense of moral superiority. If you doubt that, all you need to do is read any number of posts here on any given day.

Said Americans refuse to allow themselves any empathy for such individuals whatsoever, because they of course aren't criminals; but they do not look at how morally repugnant said attitude of gloating, gleeful sadism in itself is.

Sigh! Yeah because it is morally repugnant to want to rid society of the criminals who prey on our loved ones... Is this part of the script? Yeah these poor saps who murder and maim why we should have compassion on them even though they have murdered our loved ones and destroyed many lives what where we thinking... Wow!

Again; the fact that you engage in the degree of judgement necessary to refer to others as "scum," is itself indicative of the problem. Having that type of attitude towards anyone, demonstrates that you are nowhere near as morally superior as you would like to think.

It is very noteworthy that the more socially and economically degenerate America becomes, the more her citizens are concerned with purging individuals who they consider undesirable. This is not a coincidence.

What is noteworthy is you are defending murderers rapists, pedophiles etc. as morally equal to those of us who have never committed such horrendous crimes. I and millions of Americans are far more morally superior then those who commit such violence on the people. What kind of nut case are you to try and classify these people as morally equal to the vast majority who have never committed such crimes??? You are either mentally challenged if you believe that tripe or trolling or one them!

I actually *do* advocate the idea of people being able to own firearms; but at the same time,

Yeah and I have some swamp land for sale really cheap I'd like to interest you in... Sigh

I think a denial of the degree to which chronic violence is inherent in American culture is fundamentally dishonest.

The vast majority of 300 million Americans have never committed a crime. Gun crimes in America is largely limited to gang violence and police. European and Australian crime rates are triple that of Americans and they have gun prohibition. The states with the most liberal gun laws (meaning gun friendly) have the lowest crime rates where as the states with the strictest gun prohibitions have the highest crime rates. Those are the facts not some prohibitionist anti-gun BS talking points rhetoric like you keep repeating hoping the facts will go away.

As far as I am concerned, there *is* undeniably a connection between the second amendment and the overall American cultural predisposition towards violence.

That's where prohibitionist rhetoric brain washing will get you. The fact is there is no American predisposition towards violence and the vast majority of lawful gun owners have never committed a crime much less a violet crime using a gun! Guns save lives and provide deterrent to criminals as proven beyond doubt by the states who allow their citizens to liberally carry guns having the lowest crime rates on the planet. What is undeniable is you have no clue what you are talking about, have failed to do any research into the actual facts and continue to repeat anti-gun prohibitionist BS to reinforce your irrational illogical uniformed BELIEF.

edit on 3-9-2011 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

England(those folks boil bacon...now how warped is that?)

You eat cheese that comes from a spray can, "cream" that has absolutely no dairy content whatsoever and burgers with 4,000 calories, you drink bright blue drinks that come from powder and your beer is actually the worst concoction of chemicals, so far removed from real beer. Actually, I'm surprised you can fit any food in your mouths, what with all the excrement that comes out of them. When you are not using your hands to type further excrement, you are stuffing your fat greedy faces.

Oh yeah, boiled bacon is Irish. YAIY.

Out of a;; I had to say,all you can focus on is the line about boiled bacon and then rant hatred of Americans by what we eat and drink?..Like i said,the mods need to do their job and keep the threads on subject and correct such blantant hatred of a nation by others who live to rant about us...geeze man,get a life....

No I "rant hatred" of Americans by what I have seen, experienced and who I have met on travels around Europe, the US and other places. I "rant hatred" when people like you make uneducated and insulting comments about my culture (Ireland), and the culture of the country I live in (England). That is how it works.

Don't like it? Too damn bad, 'cos the rest of the world is thinking the same as me.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
When you are dealing with a "Hate America" subscriber,then honest debate,with facts to back up your argument,is impossible...those,like the one who started this thread,as if it were an honest topic,will not debate you on a level playing field...they take one item out of an entire post and tear it aprat with made up statistics and waste the whole thread....read back over the last 18 pages and you wil see well thought out,well crafted replies attacked with inane remarks,totally ignoring the facts presented....

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Swanfilters

No I "rant hatred" of Americans by what I have seen, experienced and who I have met on travels around Europe, the US and other places. I "rant hatred" when people like you make uneducated and insulting comments about my culture (Ireland), and the culture of the country I live in (England). That is how it works.

Don't like it? Too damn bad, 'cos the rest of the world is thinking the same as me.

The rest of the world watches too much TV....

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Swanfilters

I mentioned iIreland not as an attack on the culture but as a reply to those who speak of the Native American transgressions from those who rebelled aganist their soverign,and committed atrocities such as bombing school buses in the name of "freedom",or made war on one religion simply because they worship differently and then claim to be "cultured"....culture scuch as "Orange Mobs" and "B Specials" and then the "England" you speak so fondly of and with such passionate defense of,committed such little items as the Boer Wars and Opium Wars and drove an empire into rebellion,and such....so if you speak of my Country being so bad in the present and the past,then your homeland(s)and "cultures must be pristine,yes?
edit on 3-9-2011 by gandamack2 because: dawgsbaine

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by m1991

I don't think a large number of Americans are vengeful. I think if you take TV too seriously you get the impression that we are all the same and think we are above all that is Holy. We are all not the same, ideals are shared in common with some in the United States as some in a hidden hollow somewhere over the rainbow.

Me personally was raised to not think of myself better than anyone, but stay vigilant. I think more Americans are vigilant than vengeful, and I see alot of people on here that I have read from different places that share the same things.

I do think our country is based on being righteous, and we do not do what is needed to make this world a better place as of now. I hope my feelings change if I make it into and through my 30's alive.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by m1991

Originally posted by Domo1

Do you have sources for these claims? I like guns, but certainly don't consider myself fanatical. I don't think any reasonable person would either.

I dunno, I think defending our gun laws when school shootings have become an epidemic is pretty fanatical. Also when other countries have changed their gun laws to become more strict and seen decline in murder. It's pretty irresponsible imo to be so pro gun.

There's a petition now to allow concealed carry on college campuses. It would really cut down the fatalities in the next shooting, you know?

Disarming the people is one step on the path to our government just rolling over us without even pretending not to. The intention of the second amendment was not only to protect ourselves from crime or foreign invasion, it was also to protect our selves from our own government if need be. Once the only people with guns are the Military and those jack-booted, storm trooper police, how do we protect ourselves from them? Peaceful protest? Yeah, that'll work.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by obummerdeception
Reminds me of the little runts who picked on me in school because I was bigger
then all of them.

They talked a lot of crap, I did not care because they did not dare touch me.
Talk all you want about me. Just do not touch me becase I will defend myself.
They were the loudest most hate filled people. Tell me the bigger they are the harder they fall.
That is what all the runts say. They couldn't drop me in the first place, so there would be no falling.
Reminds me of my dad, back in high school. He held the record for military presses in our parish and was a football player. Kids would pick on him in school because he wouldn't pick back, for all his strength and size. He couldn't, if he wanted to stay on the football team. Same punks caught him outside the mall when he was walking: 2 on 1. He grabbed 1 by the hair and swung him around like a shot put on a chain, and thew him into a cinder block wall, then turned and looked at the other guy--who ran off. He went back to school after that weekend and people quit messing with him--even though he wouldn't have laid a hand on them in school.

This whole thread is based on the misconception that anyone takes the US seriously as a nation and a group of people. How wrong you are.
You are a 2nd world country masquerading as a 1st world democracy.
I'll go with that, as long as the standard is that there is no such thing as a 1st world country, yet.

Originally posted by RadeonGFXRHumanGTXisAlien
It's like asking a guy why did you kill 20 people, when another guy standing right next you has killed 2,000, it lacks logic.
Even if we go after a a guy who killed 3000, ignoring the one who killed 2000 or even 20 is still illogical. It's not the quantity of the thing that is evil, it's that it's plain evil in the first place. That and did you kill because of the power you weild? If all it takes to cut a murderer's rate from 3000 to 20 is to take away his power, then by all means do it, but don't act like you accomplished anything if you still allow the deaths of the 20.

Originally posted by m1991Prove that people who vote Republican give more.
Here's a whole thread for you to make that decision on.

These figures are either incorrect or taken out of context. For one thing, Canada has always had lower violent crime rates than the States, so it's not really a fair comparison. How much did Canada's crime rate increase? 0.5%? Is that even a true statement? I don't think guns have ever been a big part of Canadian culture, aside from hunting moose and stuff, even before the changes back in the nineties.
Ha! I always thought it was a bit silly to look at Canada's crime rate. No one wants to go on a crime spree when it's 30 below.

You're taking a few things out of context there. First of all, Swiss don't so much carry guns for self defense or shooting intruders as they do to protect their neutrality. They don't have a culture (at least I don't think) of jerking off to their guns like we do.
No, that's taking ME out of context. My whole point was that with or without guns America and Britain are in the same violent boat, while the Swiss, who have guns, are not. Again, GUNS are not the issue. The Swiss are not quite as armed as Americans as a whole. The Swiss are far more armed than the UK. They manage to get it right. This is specifically a point for guns and violence not being THE SAME.

And when you say England's crime rate is higher by 5%, that's misleading because you're referring to the ENTIRE crime rate. What is important in this discussion is the violent crime rate
Actually, the difference is .5%. I saw out of 100, not out of 1000. It was a general point they made, they did not get into the violence of the USA crimes either.

But I did note something else: less than 7% of homicides were by guns when less than 7% of the population legally owned a gun in the UK. People who don't have access to a gun to murder are going to still murder if their predilection is to murder. If you have no issue with shooting someone in cold blood, you usually don't have an issue with garroting them either.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by MRSeuphoric1
reply to post by m1991

This is more a rant really and you know the old saying, if you don't like it you can leave

edit on 2-9-2011 by MRSeuphoric1 because: (no reason given)

Yeah, instead of trying to fix what you see as a problem in your homeland, instead of trying to improve life for millions of people, just run away.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I don’t think most Americans are out for blood. I think the MSM can easily portray a false consensus or purport to be the peoples voice but no one I have ever spoken to face to face was in support of killing untold numbers of Afghanis or Iraqis. In fact the opposite is true. We as individuals will almost always choose the path that we see our peers taking, so the MSM does have the power to completely manipulate about every facet of our lives.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
WHY is the OP so vengeful toward all Americans?

I DID NOT CHOOSE WHERE I WAS BORN!!
I can not help I was born
into the country with the greateast military known to man EVER!

Reminds me of the little runts who picked on me in school because I was bigger
then all of them.

They talked a lot of crap, I did not care because they did not dare touch me.
Talk all you want about me. Just do not touch me becase I will defend myself.
They were the loudest most hate filled people. Tell me the bigger they are the harder they fall.
That is what all the runts say. They couldn't drop me in the first place, so there would be no falling.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I think it is a complicated thing. We have seen ourselves as just, thus the deliverers of justice in the world, I think this started with WW1 and persisted into Vietnam, where we started to question our actions. Then there is the perception of supremacy. And lets face it, We have been pretty much an empire for over a hundred years now, like it or not. Empires tend to be vengeful, so they are challenged by no one.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
It's not just america, its the entire world. If a country gets attacked by another country you can almost guarantee a revengful attack, unless of course that country is scared of the other.
edit on 3-9-2011 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Ask the bankers,neo-globalists,multinational corporations or the billionaire/trillionaire families about that.

They can answer that better than the US public.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Most Americans went there, because they were the losers and the beaten ones in their home country.
Such things make people very paranoid and aggressive.

Same as in Israel. They could have learned from the past, but instead they do the same, as was done to them.
That`s why US protects Israel more than anybody else.

Btw. I don't believe in that strong British root of US. As far as I learned, there was only one vote less for the German language. So if the US would speak German they still would be the same, just a little bit more Kissinger.

And if I may add: I think, the US are a very afraid people, because they never had to stand a real threat. They are still afraid of the monsters under their beds. Having no enemy makes people very weak. And your politriksters use this against you.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by MRSeuphoric1
This is more a rant really and you know the old saying, if you don't like it you can leave

If I don't like you, will you leave?

I love the country and most of the people, but I dislike people with mindsets like yours. So it would be best if you'd be the one to pack up your things and go. Do write though.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join