It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is no one talking about the Texas Drought?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
In the past, I’ve been a big critic of the whole “HAARP controlling the weather” conspiracy, because honestly, deliberately causing earthquakes and hurricanes not only seems a bit far fetched, but highly consequential in the long run. Yet despite everyone’s quick-to-blame-HAARP reaction around here, people have seemed to over look the massive drought that’s been affecting the entire state of Texas (as well as parts of neighboring states) for the past several months. There has been a high pressure system just sitting over this area that will not move, not even in the face of a tropical storm.

So, is the government using HAARP to control the weather over Texas? Is this one more way for the current administration to punish the deep south for it capitalism. First the killing off of the oil industry wit the BP disaster, then the scrapping of NASA and placing the museum worthy shuttles everywhere else but Houston as tourist attractions. Boeing and Continental Airlines both move to Chicago, homeland of the communist in chief, and now an unprecedented drought to kill off the cattle, cotton and winter wheat crops of the nation. What more can be done to devastate the economy of Texas? Any thoughts?

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I talk about it regularly with my family which are in Texas.

They sound pretty upset about the whole thing. I can understand why.

The whole time I lived there in West Tx, it was pretty dry most of the time.

But they are describing like the worst drought in 100 years it appears. From what everyone has told me about the super small amount of rainfall, combined with the wildfires this summer, I would have to agree.

It sounds far worse than the minor dry spells I am used to in the Texas climate. There was always a rainy season around late May to June/July. I called it the Monsoon season although technically that refers to the other side of the world.

I heard they didn't really get a Monsoon this year, just a few storms with very little rain.
edit on 2-9-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
bush running for texas politics

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Weather systems are becoming more extreme as a consequence of climate change.
The u.s has had a particularly bad year for extreme weather in 2011. Its just a taste of
things to come, not just in the united states but globally.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
So self-centered....
You realize there are droughts all over the world, right?
and then to assume it's some vast communist conspiracy against the only capitalists in the nation?
your paranoia is showing.

Plus, there's plenty of talk about the Texas drought.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by amaster

I might be the worst drought in 100 years, but not the worst drought ever.
I think people might be looking too much into the climate control thing.
My opinion is that we are going through a climate change, something very natural to this earth.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by amaster

To be glib, why would the govenment care about Texas? I doubt that HAARP would be used to harm Texas. Is it possible that if things were being manipulated in one place that it could cause problems in another place.

HAARP can generate heat. Creating a hot spot high up can push air currents downward, and it is believed that the series of tornados a few years back in the MidWest may have been caused by HAARP. Some believe that HAARP has caused the jetstream to touchdown on the earth. Who can truly say?

As for harmonic resonance, that is a field of study that I am very familiar with, (see my personal profile). The energy produced by HAARP can do things that should give you nightmares. Earthquakes can be a great weapon, and if specific waves employing third, sixth, and ninth harmonics could be focussed to a single location, then things will rumble and shake, (I am not claiming that HAARP has done this, though many have).

I have been to southern Texas many times, and it doesn't appear to be an area which receives a lot of water. California has had a long draught. What is the answer for the draught in Texas? Pray for rain and hope for the best.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

I don't see how that is self centered...
It's not like he is Texas, and the drought is sucking him dry.
Why can't you say something nice?
The drought is something serious.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
What drought? It is Summer. This happens every year to some extent or other. Why is this so surprising to people? Don't worry, it will be Fall soon and they will hyperventilate over excessive rainfall, floods and other "aberrant" weather conditions normal for the location and time of year.

BTW I live in Texas and I am tired of the hysteria.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Smack

I also live in Texas, and the only difference this year is less rain.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

I know it's serious. But blaming it on Obama isn't going to help. And calling him a "communist in chief" won't either.
Most americans(99%) love freedom, democracy, and capitalism. To say that the south is the only place where people support these things IS self-centered. The OP makes it clear that he thinks Texas is the best place on Earth and people are causing the drought because they are jealous.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Well it's a daily topic of conversation both in my family and at work, but then again I live in Texas.

Originally posted by amaster
There has been a high pressure system just sitting over this area that will not move, not even in the face of a tropical storm.

The high pressure dome is here every single year, it's why we have such miserable summers. This year has been positively agonizing, but it appears we will not beat the records set in 1980. In 1980 we had 42 consecutive 100+ degree days whereas this year we had 40. In 1980 we had 69 total 100+ degree days, it looks like this year it will end at 67 or 68 (if we hit 100 tomorrow that will be 68 days, but the forecast is that it is likely to be the last 100+ day that we get this year). The dome usually camps out over us in June and doesn't get pushed out until late August or early September.

So, is the government using HAARP to control the weather over Texas?

Not unless they've been doing it every year for the last couple hundred years. Like I said, we always get the high pressure dome and associated scorching temperatures. The difference this year is many parts of Texas had very little rain in the last 12 months and the combination of that and slightly higher-than-normal temps has totally scorched the landscape.

What more can be done to devastate the economy of Texas? Any thoughts?

It's mainly affected the farm and cattle industries, it hasn't "devastated" the economy as a whole by any means. If we get normal rainfall and temps next year we'll be fine, but if this continues or gets worse then yes, devastation could be in our future.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
droughtmonitor.unl.edu...

www.lcra.org...

The 10 months from October 2010 through July 2011 have been the driest for that 10-month period in Texas since 1895, when the state began keeping rainfall records. That record is likely to extend through August when the month is over.

Across most of the Hill Country and the Austin area, rainfall since last October is between 16 and 20 inches below normal. Across Central Texas and the middle Texas coast, rainfall is running more than 20 inches below normal.

Despite the severely dry conditions, this drought is not as bad as the worst in history – the 10-year drought of the 1940-50s.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
They dont talk about the Texas drought because there are no flies crawling on starving childrens faces yet.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I am in the D-4 area of SW New Mexico and it is like Winter here with 100+ temps. It is like Winter because not even the native grasses are growing unless I water them constantly.

It is very sad and I so look forward to a pole shift soon! Either that or some cooler temps which should be arriving next week from what I have been told. No rain enough for our native flora so that says alot.

I feel for Texas, so many more environments that require water to sustain them; I am really shocked there has not been another "Dust Bowl" yet.

Nothing worse than seeing Mesquite Trees lose their leaves to a Summer Dormancy!

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I will admit, as I did in the opening, I don't buy this whole HAARP nonsense either, but the fact of the matter is, it does exist, and it can cause disturbances in weather patterns. Whether or not it's used intentionally to target specific regions is obviously up for debate.

Personally, I attribute this natural climate cycles and not something man-made, but the point was that, on a conspiracy website, such as this one, where HAARP is to blame for practically everything weather related, why has no one seemingly mentioned this before.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
One of the main reasons why things are so bad is because we haven't had a whole lot of precipitation since February or so. We normally get a bit of rain in April and May that helps the lakes until late September-early October, when the rains return. Every summer it is hotter than hell and there is little to no relief. That is nothing new. The problem is that the ground was already pretty dry when all this started back in May, and the temperatures have been hotter this year. I live in the DFW (north Texas) area, and we've been anywhere from 5-10 degrees above normal for just about every day this summer (with a few exceptions).

Its completely normal for nights to only get as low as 80 or 85 degrees, and during the day its normally 100-105. By itself, that isn't bad for this area, but when you do that for 40+ days in a row, or nearly 70 days for the year so far (with most of that happening in May, June, July, and August), and you also don't have any rain to help the lakes, crops, and livestock, then you have a major problem.

The explanation that I keep hearing is that the high pressure system that has been sitting on top of us for most of the summer is to blame for making things worse. I honestly believe that is the case this time. Last summer it was a little hotter than normal, but we had a pretty cold and wet few weeks in summer (it actually snowed). I'm wondering if come January and February it will be the same, but only a little stronger to reflect how much hotter this summer was.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Why?

It reeks of normality.

Are Mexicans causing it? No

Has the extremist right passed legislature to stop the clouds from raining down upon youse guys? Nope

There's no market with this piece.

Call us when Mexican pirate helicopters are siphoning water vapors from clouds over Tuscon or San Diego. Until that day I will tip my hat to you sir/madam and bid you a pleasant day.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

Okay, I will admit, that may have been a personal dig on the President simply because I don't like the man or his policies, but it's not the point. And I'm not saying that the south is the only place that supports capitalism, obviously, that’s not the case, it just seems as though recent events, as outlined in the OP, are directed at the economy of the south, predominantly republican territory. I have no love for Texas other than them being my neighbor, I'm a N'awlins boy.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

I will admit, as I did in the opening, I don't buy this whole HAARP nonsense either, but the fact of the matter is, it does exist, and it can cause disturbances in weather patterns.

Agreed.

But I must say there is just simply no way to actually know the causation exactly as a casual bystander such as ourselves. Even with the resources of the Internet, only a stroke of luck would grant us the link to the information which compiles a vast array of data to summarize the issue coherently.

If we had access to all of the equipment and databases, and a really high clearance level, then we could actually find out what is going on.

But just standing here as an onlooker, the equations are far too complex for the mere human mind to put together on the spot.

Does HAARP and related technology around the world have something to do with it? Who knows? I bet that the top scientists in charge may not even know for sure...

I wonder if they have attempted cloud seeding and other techniques, I would assume they have. There is a 40+year history of the state of Texas paying for rain enhancement and hail suppression.
Official link to .tx.us site on weather modification

Texas has a lengthy history of using cloud seeding to lessen the impact of periodic, often severe, droughts. Numerous “rainmaking” efforts sprouted during the epic drought of the 1950s, and some continued into the 1960s, giving impetus to the Texas Legislature to adopt a law, in 1967, governing the use of weather modification technologies. In ensuing years, both the State and federal governments provided funds for both cloud seeding research and assessing the impact of commercial weather modification projects.

edit on 2-9-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join