It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how much closer is Comet Elenin going to get to the earth? readings show closer as the days go on.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Oh for gods sake...dirty snowball...half melted...millions of miles away...and as for YU55...will pass unnoticed between us and moon...yawn...until something exciting comes along lets move along...Yes I would have liked the tail of Elenin to have given us a fireworks show...up on my roof or with my telescope...lol...for gods sake people...it's really tiresome..It's a no show...it won't happen and get over it...
Hale Bopp was the most beautiful comet I will ever see in my life and I saw it in my back yard some years ago...

It's so rare to see such beautiful things and we have to stop all this stupidity...in 2012 I will hold an end of the world party with cakes (exploding) and other such games etc...and NOTHING will happen...and then it will be onto the next thing...enjoy life...embrace it and keep looking up to the wonders of our universe...I doubt anything is going to happen for such a long time.

Ps Phage I keep asking you to marry me...lol

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
gosh, who to believe, who to believe????? everyone looks at the same info and comes up with different opinions about what COULD happen. i for one, do not believe most of what the govt agencies are saying.

think of it this way...if there was a possible earth changing event gunna happen and there was nothing the govts could do and the govts didnt know exactly where it was gunna happen or how big it was gunna be or what kind of economic impact it would have...why would they tell anybody? with todays society, there would be mass panic and a complete breakdown of order......so, just like fukushima... dont tell the truth because nobody really knows anyway.......if nothing happens, you are vindicated...but,....

what if you are wrong...........................

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by antinwo101

You didn't preach nothing but the truth on that one, this elenin # has gotten old. My mother is sick of it and she's no conspiracy theorist.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
i am sorry but anyone giving specific numbers ,distances and calling people stupid ,IMHO.are simply close minded .i do not care who you are ,no one knows what this comet will or will not do. if it has broken up ,do you not think that may have altered its trajectory?? 2 possibilities .towards us ,or away from us i think that comet elenin could be a kuiper belt object from a separate solar system..i am a believer in the electric theory ,which would mean if our sun and solar system was say with a positive charge ,then for it to work there would have to be a negative charged sun and system opposite completing a working circuit ?? ever accidentally touch the jumper cable leads together on your car battery what happens?? big sparks . i for one will be looking forward to possibly see something extraordinary ..the leonid meteor shower this year should be interesting ??

peace

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
NASA is about as honest as a smiling politician. The first data I saw on how close Elenin was going to be was about 0.0024AU, somehow the numbers didn't change but the decimal point did, and no one seemed to notice or mention it.

NASA does not provide the data on Elenin. That comes from the IAU Minor Planet Center.
www.minorplanetcenter.net...

But closest approach was never calculated at .0024AU.
edit on 9/2/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

Phage, if I could post the original data I would, but it's been changed. This is why Elenin raised so much attention, it was because the original data was 0.0024 AU which was pretty damn close. WHY would ANYONE care about a comet coming 21 million miles from Earth? It went from 0.0024 to 0.024 to 0.24AU, hand of God truth here, I'm just calling upon anyone who remembers those #'s.

Yes they could have been in error at the time. But, the JPL orbit data also changed with the info, no idea what your minor planet center had to say about it.

People got nervous because Elenin was getting really CLOSE to us, when I see 0.24AU and the fear behind that I laugh, but I remember different #'s myself. They don't put fluoride in my water here, my brain still works.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by TheHorseChestnut

Size is not an accurate judge of mass comets are mostly comprised of rock Ice and dust but matter in space can be very diff from what we have on Earth. Imagine a substance the size of a sugar cube that had more mass then 100000 ton stone. Then know that materials even far more hard to imagine then that do exist in our universe. And then wonder how does a comet cause the sun to lose the battle of forces against this tiny body, well like you said mass is king indeed...

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
A post from January, a month after C/2010 X1 was discovered:

When this was first discovered in December last year it was calculated that it would pass 8.8 Au (8.8 times the distance of the Sun form us) away. Now today the orbital calculation is down to 0.24 Au with a minimum as low as 0.15. This is being re-calculated all the time and could get even closer but it depends what it encounters in the Oort belt.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

A post from March 15.

Comet Elenin for example is 3-4 km wide, and will pass Earth by at around 0.23 AU, but is barely predicted to be visible to the naked eye if you have a very dark rural sky.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The first published orbital elements for Elenin were from December 12, 2010 and were based on 33 observations (it was discovered on December 10th). The elements were not very good and had the comet staying far beyond the orbit of Mars. You can find the orbital elements near the bottom of the linked pages.

The next set was published on December 18. Based on 57 observations the close approach was 0.40 AU.

December 24, 65 observations: 0.42 AU

January 3, 103 observations: 0.22 AU

January 10, 128 observations: 0.27 AU

January 27, 167 observations: 0.23 AU

After that, with more observations, the orbital elements became more refined but did not change much at all.

February 16, 307 observations: 0.23 AU

March 16, 669 observations: 0.23 AU

May 21, 1,676 observations: 0.23 AU

September 1, 2,059 observations: 0.23 AU

You can plug the orbital elements in here:
www.fourmilab.ch...

edit on 9/3/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by PennyQ

As I understood it, the comet passes through our orbit at some stage
This is incorrect. Earth will not pass through Elenin's debris trail because Elenin is not crossing Earth's orbital plane at the same distance as Earth's orbital path. In order for Earth to pass through Elenin's debris trail, if there even is one, Elenin would have to make a node crossing at the same distance as Earth's orbital path (1 AU) and this does not happen. Elenin's node crossings are either too far outside Earth's orbital path or too far inside.

thruthseek3r mentioned two dates of interest but I would like to point out three dates and explain their significance. Here is a link to the JPL Small-Body Database Browser so you can compare the dates and better understand why they are significant.

• September 13th 0.656 AU
    This is when Elenin will cross Earth's plane of the ecliptic (notice the different colors of blue in Elenin's orbit). This is called an ascending node. I suppose you could call this an alignment but I wouldn't, I would call it an ascending node.

• September 26th 0.395 AU
    This is when Elenin will align with the Sun from our perspective. It will not be between the Earth and Sun because it has been moving farther above the Earth's plane of the ecliptic since September 13th.

• October 17th 0.234 AU
    This is Elenin's closest approach with Earth. It will not be between the Sun and Earth at this time nor will it be crossing Earth's plane of the ecliptic.

From this I fail to see how Earth will see any of Elenin's debris even if there is any.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Phage, if I could post the original data I would, but it's been changed. This is why Elenin raised so much attention, it was because the original data was 0.0024 AU which was pretty damn close.

Found a posting from a comet message forum, from back in December 2010, using the early figures, where they find the closest approach will be 0.15 AU.
comets-ml

If you have *any evidence at all* that you are correct, its probably time to show it now.

Yes they could have been in error at the time. But, the JPL orbit data also changed with the info, no idea what your minor planet center had to say about it.

Well of course the JPL orbit data changed. As you've been told, they themselves dont create the orbital data, they just get it from the Minor Planet Center.
As the MPC got more accurate figures, the JPL java applet uses it.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by thruthseek3r
reply to post by Phage

No problem then, the lies goes until the real end... that is sad to see. Anyway, you will have to answer for them one day so no worries. I say to you good luck to you for when the time will come of answering to the source for all this disinfo both Phage and Chadwickus.

Thruthseek3r

No-one is lying. People have beliefs and post according to those beliefs. Also paid shills spreading dis-info is a conspiracy all in itself - as believable as Chemtrails. If I had to choose I'd say the fear-mongerers were the shills because a frightened populace is a controllable populace.

To those that "don't know what to believe" just think about it, your intuition will guide the way. If TPTB knew of an impending global disaster why go to war in Libya? Why not withdraw all troops to home soil to prepare? Why worry about QE3? Why not printing 50 trillion euro and bailout all Eurozone countries? They've done such things before and it wouldn't be suspect. But no, the global economy continues to erode, US and NATO continue to exert military dominance. If the end was nigh the global scenario would be something like a Utopia as TPTB shower everyone with free money. Certainly no need to try and save economies with austerity everywhere.

World War III or a global economic collapse (or both) are much more likely than a comet causing a pole shift or solar "Kill Shot".

But what about the earthquakes and Elenin alignments? Okay, do some research and you'll find that the frequency and strength of earthquakes in recent years is completely normal. In fact 2010 and 2011 are unremarkable compared to 2004 and 2007 etc. If Elenin caused earthquakes, what you should do is subtract all the earthquakes that Elenin caused from the total. And what you'd be left with is a graph that shows a HUGE decrease in earthquake activity these past 2 years.

Given that earthquake frequency and strength is fairly constant in the last 100 years we have data, what is more likely - that everything is normal or that f Elenin didn't exist we'd be experiencing a period of tectonic calm that has never happened in recorded history? Think about it.

Most people have some kind of unhappiness in their life. Most don't like work or feel trapped. So Elenin or Nibiru gives them a natural exit. This playsa huge role in this Elenin phenonemon. Also many are feeling as if "something is going to happen". In this age ofinstant communication, instant news, something is always happening, and when something big happens we soak it up. Be it 9/11, the latest military invasion, the latest huge earthquake or tsunami, the latest storm, the latest financial crisis - something is always going to happen hence the feeling of impending doom. If you unplugged yourself from the net, the media, your daily life, and went camping in the mountains for a week, or went to some tropical paradise with no TV/Internet for a week or 2 I'm pretty sure that feeling of impending doom would disappear. YOU cause it, by surfing ATS and other conspiracy sites.

Prepare for the things that you can prepare for. Stock up food and supplies (and guns if that's your proclivity) and pile up some gold and silver if you can. At least then you can feed and barter if social structure falls apart for some reason (war, economic collapse etc). If Elenin is going to fry the planet, what you going to do? Will you be happy, in the seconds before you die, that you knew it was going to happen before most of your friends and family? You know damn well you won't be running to the mountains until it's announced on CNN so why bother trying to find out the "truth" on the internet? Just wait till it happens on CNN and cross your fingers, lol.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
It is meteor YU55that is going to be .0023 AU on Nov. 9th 2011.

If I am not mistaken, it passes between us and the moon.

omfg
JUST #

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
There is no comet elenin ! get over it !

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
So I've read through this thread. And I am prompted to say this....

There are a lot of friggin blatantly ignorant and idiotic people out there that just pull [snip] out of there arse and claim it as fact, as clearly demonstrated on this thread.

Someone should really make a list of names of those who not just believe Elenin is going to affect the earth - because it's really Niburu - and NASA is lying - because the Draconian overloards of TPTB Illuminati... blah blah blah....

This way, when Elenin comes and goes, we have a good reference point of ATS members who lack any credibility and should not be taken seriously.

And as for the Phage bashing....

You should be lucky someone with more than 2 active brain cells is willing to even contribute to a thread like this in an attempt to educate you on what is fact vs. complete fiction, possibly preventing you from looking like a complete dumb ass when you start yapping about your unfounded nonsense to friends and family.

Now if you excuse me, my pleiades contact just arrived, we're taking a labor day vacation into the 6th dimension, and I haven't even started to elevate my consciousness into a higher plane of existence.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Phage, if I could post the original data I would, but it's been changed. This is why Elenin raised so much attention, it was because the original data was 0.0024 AU which was pretty damn close. WHY would ANYONE care about a comet coming 21 million miles from Earth? It went from 0.0024 to 0.024 to 0.24AU, hand of God truth here, I'm just calling upon anyone who remembers those #'s.

Phage has documented all the revisions that have actually been made to C/2010X-1's orbital parameters. What you think you remember is this video:

NASA buzzroom video! Comet Elenin -revised trajectory from .24 AU to .0004AU?! what?!

This is the infamous "NASA Buzzroom Video." It, like nearly everything else repeated on this thread, was a hoax.

edit on 3-9-2011 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-9-2011 by DJW001 because: Edit to correct formatting.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by mandella1099
reply to post by thruthseek3r

There is no sense in trying to get Phage to respect your opinion or beliefs because he won't. There is no one faster on ATS at getting info from Wikipedia.

He likes to post rather insignificant factoids, and will be falling to bits before the end of this thread.

Phage or not....all the Elenin doomsayers will be as redfaced as Hell in a month or so. And just like all the cultish minded peeps in this world who are continually making new the end-of-the-world scenarios when their last one failed, they will cling onto some other wee pending disaster theme. Over and over and over...
I suggest volunteer work. Or go learn to Jive or Salsa. Even dog/cat grooming lessons can help.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by excalibrate
i am sorry but anyone giving specific numbers ,distances and calling people stupid ,IMHO.are simply close minded .i do not care who you are ,no one knows what this comet will or will not do. if it has broken up ,do you not think that may have altered its trajectory?? 2 possibilities .towards us ,or away from us i think that comet elenin could be a kuiper belt object from a separate solar system..i am a believer in the electric theory ,which would mean if our sun and solar system was say with a positive charge ,then for it to work there would have to be a negative charged sun and system opposite completing a working circuit ?? ever accidentally touch the jumper cable leads together on your car battery what happens?? big sparks . i for one will be looking forward to possibly see something extraordinary ..the leonid meteor shower this year should be interesting ??

peace

Excalibrate.....you need to really concentrate here. The Leonid showers for 2011 have finished. If you cant get that right there is a damned good chance you have the rest of your hypothesis' terribly wrong dontcha think??

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Hoax videos, hoax numbers, why all the misinformation about this stupid comet?

Perhaps the numbers I saw were hoaxed, but they were the reason I believe people went stupid crazy about this Elenin. I wouldn't have batted an eye at 0.24AU for any passing object, but I paid attention because of the numbers I saw back then. Not knowing what to believe I figured something nefarious was going on with this comet.

I haven't been fear mongering or hoaxing this comet, just trying to get to the bottom of the disinformation. I appreciate your effort Phage, I believe the numbers you posted are real, I just don't know why people think 0.24AU is anything to even look at with concern. I don't get it. Is the name ELENIN that ridiculously scarey?

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

People went stupid about Elenin simply because of the discoverer's name.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Logman

Nothing to prepare on my side and I will end the conversation because the fact that you say there is no lie only proves how much bias is on this hype. No fear-mongering but if there would be a massive event happening I would rather go for truth and maybe some fear (which is not that bad at all when you learn to deal with it, time does good things) than lying to the masses which is being done more and more during these times, especially on this topic.

I like the way I live my life and in no way am searching an escape to it, I have almost everything I could wish of.

Wait for September the 26th this is my only call and we will see. What I wanted to do is done so people will take it or leave it it is up to them. If I was wrong and nothing happens on this exact date, then you will all have my apologies for everything I predicted. Do not expect an alternate excuse or another date from me I do not plan to do it, apologies will be the only word from me after this date in the case of a mistake from me.

Sincerly ATSers,

Thruthseek3r

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by thruthseek3r

If you discard all of what the sources say how do you know for sure what time to get up and go to work?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join