It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how much closer is Comet Elenin going to get to the earth? readings show closer as the days go on.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I am aware of the ecliptic plain , and Elenin is not on the same level as earth. But the fact is it's orbit puts Elenin closer to the sun than the earth and earth and Elenin will be on the same side of sun around the 26.
Never said it was a direct alignment and never said I believed Elenin could cause any affects on earth.
Theory is just that " theory", a guess or conjecture, until facts prove or disprove it.
All I said was by Sept. 26 we'll know who is right.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

Can you clarify for me the difference between the motion and movement of an orbital object?
I'll assume English is not your first language. "Motion" and "movement" are interchangeable for most purposes.

Does the sun effect objects differently when there is higher solar activity or dormant periods?
The orbits of objects around the Sun are not affected by solar activity unless the objects are of very low mass. How solar activity would otherwise affect an object would depend on the characteristics of the object. The magnetic field of an object which has one can be affected. The atmosphere of an object without an intrinsic magnetic field can be affected. Since a comet has no intrinsic magnetic field, its "atmosphere" (the coma) is affected by the solar wind. The coma is swept away by the solar wind, becoming the tails of the comet.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by OLD HIPPY DUDE

Exactly, let's wait and see. When the time will be right, truth will be in the upfront of everybody's eyes.

Thruthseek3r

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atzil321 I think 99% of ATS user base
is sick of hearing the name Elenin, its just a harmless little comet for gods sake.

Yeah Elenin seems to posted ad nauseum...we need more Nibiru threads!

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

The real problem here Phage is that we are not talking about a comet. A comet is made of dust, dirt and ice. It's mass is way too low to have a high enough gravitational field to cause 3 times EQs during it's alignment with earth.

Why would the government have put so many infrared satellites in space to watch something which simply does not any infrared spectrum?

Why was it presented to the general public as a discovery and then 2 days later being denied as the NASA did not discover anything?

Too many things correlated here to be fake, definitely.

This needs to be said and should stop lying to the public, especially you who knows so much in this field.

Elenin is not a comet at all it is planet X, Nibiru, the destroyer, whatever the name, but everything except a comet.

Thruthseek3r

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by thruthseek3r

Looks like a comet to me...

You say time will tell, but hundreds of observers have already proven you wrong.

Stop the fear mongering.

edit on 2/9/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

What sort of object causes earthquakes but does not disturb the orbit of asteroids when it passes nearby them? Come to think of it, what sort of object causes earthquakes at all? The Sun doesn't and the Earth is always aligned with it. The Moon doesn't and it exerts more tidal force than the Sun.

How many infrared satellites? The reason to put infrared satellites in space is because infrared radiation doesn't get through the atmosphere very well. There is a lot to be learned about the universe by studying in infrared just as there is much to be learned by studying it in radio frequencies.

When was Elenin ever denied being discovered?

Elenin is a comet. A rather insignificant comet which could be falling to bits.

edit on 9/2/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

No problem then, the lies goes until the real end... that is sad to see. Anyway, you will have to answer for them one day so no worries. I say to you good luck to you for when the time will come of answering to the source for all this disinfo both Phage and Chadwickus.

Thruthseek3r

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

I've always been interested to ask, so I'll grab this opportunity.

What would be your response if this "event" is a big nothing?

Please, don't get me wrong here - I'm not trying to be rude or disrespectful but I tend to find those who truly believe there is to be some big event are very "die-hard" in their belief.

I'm not a believer in anything of importance occurring due to this comet, nor do I believe in some mysterious planet that’s bouncing around the skies. I do respect others beliefs though and have wanted to ask the question above for a while now.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

If it's not comets or magnetars or brown dwarfs or the

degradation of the earth's magnetic field, then what is it?

One other explanation is that someone, somewhere has pushed a button.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   

I answered your questions.
How about answering mine?

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

I answered your questions.
How about answering mine?

I am not a part of this post. But with my humble, unworthy self, I would like to answer it. What is the question?

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by thruthseek3r
Anyway, you will have to answer for them one day so no worries. I say to you good luck to you for when the time will come of answering to the source for all this disinfo both Phage and Chadwickus.

If anyone here is presenting disinfo, it's you. But you won't have to answer for it, because when nothing happens, you'll just move on to fear mongering the next "doomsday event", and probably change your screen name. Every bit of evidence we have show it's just a comet, yet you keep insisting it's not, based on nothing. The only reason for this can be that either 1. you're clueless, or 2. you're blatantly spouting lies, either way, you're going to be proven wrong, as everyone who has ever spouted doomsday garbage has been.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by OMsk3ptic

Originally posted by thruthseek3r
Anyway, you will have to answer for them one day so no worries. I say to you good luck to you for when the time will come of answering to the source for all this disinfo both Phage and Chadwickus.

If anyone here is presenting disinfo, it's you. But you won't have to answer for it, because when nothing happens, you'll just move on to fear mongering the next "doomsday event", and probably change your screen name. Every bit of evidence we have show it's just a comet, yet you keep insisting it's not, based on nothing. The only reason for this can be that either 1. you're clueless, or 2. you're blatantly spouting lies, either way, you're going to be proven wrong, as everyone who has ever spouted doomsday garbage has been.

It's rigged! The three legged horse wins the race. It's rigged. -------

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   

There is no sense in trying to get Phage to respect your opinion or beliefs because he won't. There is no one faster on ATS at getting info from Wikipedia.

He likes to post rather insignificant factoids, and will be falling to bits before the end of this thread.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Of course the closer a body comes to another given body the greater the gravitational effects will become, The mass of the comet even though small could be greater then that of the moon not everything is so absolute in space. I just cant help but wonder why so many strange artifacts have been captured while imaging the Sun and how such huge flares seem to always be spewing in the direction of these artifacts...

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if I read things right months ago, Elenin, the comet core itself, has never been the threat.
As I understood it, the comet passes through our orbit at some stage and the debris it leaves in it's wake is what we need worry about.
When we pass through that area we will encounter the debris.
If there are no large chunks, all we will get is some fragments burning up in the atmosphere, pretty but nothing to worry about.
If however there are big bits we might get a couple new craters.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by 5StarOracle

The gravitational effects of a comet would still be less then the Moon even if it was inside the orbits of our satellites. In the grand scheme of things mass is king

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
this might help.
Cosmos by Carl Sagan - Heaven and Hell

www.youtube.com...

for those who ask,, who is Carl Sagan.

this might be too adult.

rating-pg18.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Elenin is not a comet at all it is planet X, Nibiru, the destroyer, whatever the name, but everything except a comet.
[/quote]

Hopi prophecy: Blue star Kachina and it's nephews (Elenin and the other comets) followed closely by red star kachina-"the destroyer." I'm of the opinion that Elenin is the harbinger of something bigger. Then again, it could be nothing. We will see in the next few months.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join